The Future of PortAventura | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Multiple people (and not just one guy) have been hearing on the subject of NBCUniversal planning to do a park within the UK.

There is a dedicated thread outside of here, and the rumor has some ranging as it has been found out of Comcast purchasing a mysterious plot of land at that of 271 acres. There is even a holding company for the rumor, as opposed for PortAventura.
More or less what I said, that this rumor has no legs while the other does, so this thread is now pointless

Last edited:
More or less what I said, that this rumor has no legs while the other does, so this thread is now pointless
This thread still has more merit than you are letting on—even if right now the situation with the PAW sale is not revolving with Comcast seemingly stepping up; that there are still some pretty interesting elements coming to play with how PAW is trying to sell things.

The focus now on this thread should be of what happens with the sale, and whoever else could be the lucky one.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
This thread still has more merit than you are letting on—even if right now the situation with the PAW sale is not revolving with Comcast seemingly stepping up; that there are still some pretty interesting elements coming to play with how PAW is trying to sell things.

The focus now on this thread should be of what happens with the sale, and whoever else could be the lucky one.
Well, the subforum is called "Other Universal Parks & Resorts", so then it should either be moved to the appropiate place, or if not possible, closed and a new one open to debate all that you said in the proper place for it

As of now it only leads to confusion in newcomers

Last edited:
Just cathcing up on all of this. What did this missing tweet suggest or say about the UK possibility?

Nothing, that tweet relates to a spanish patent for some kind of Velocicoaster train done by Universal. And then Gregory Hall answered to a tweet with this patent from a Portaventura guy saying something like “oh! I see that someone is connecting the dots” That’s it. Hope I’ve been helpful.

Last edited:

So are you now saying you believe Comcast is NOT buying PA?

I have no problem changing things and fixing the subforum around if you're now confirming that side of things.

Doesn't matter what I believe, nobody here ever cared about it

Hey, I don't think that's fair.

You've been more than civil in the debates, and the point of the forums is for discussion - regardless on which side of the rumor we stood on. I know it got crazy in here for a moment due to other posters, so that didn't help matters; but despite it all, everything has been left up and I think a majority of us have treated you with respect. Furthermore, I am asking for your thoughts on the matter to help assist us in moderating the site. I'd say that's caring...

Hey, I don't think that's fair.

You've been more than civil in the debates, and the point of the forums is for discussion - regardless on which side of the rumor we stood on. I know it got crazy in here for a moment due to other posters, so that didn't help matters; but despite it all, everything has been left up and I think a majority of us have treated you with respect. Furthermore, I am asking for your thoughts on the matter to help assist us in moderating the site. I'd say that's caring...
I am sorry Brian if I was too sarcastic, but honest to god I am just tired and hoping something happens soon. As you all know around here while in the same situation, I can't say what I know, but I do know things that makes me stay on the spanish boat even if everyone else jumps ship to the UK one

Last edited:
I am sorry Brian if I was too sarcastic, but honest to god I am just tired and hoping something happens soon. As you all know around here while in the same situation, I can't say what I know, but I do know things that makes me stay on the spanish boat even if everyone else jumps ship to the UK one
Gotcha. We’ll leave it as is then until something concrete is announced.

Multiple people (and not just one guy) have been hearing on the subject of NBCUniversal planning to do a park within the UK.

There is a dedicated thread outside of here, and the rumor has some ranging as it has been found out of Comcast purchasing a mysterious plot of land at that of 271 acres. There is even a holding company for the rumor, as opposed for PortAventura.
271 acres? What?

Reactions: tankart150
271 acres? What?
I misworded it and didn't catch it till now (meant to say dollars)--don't worry, I'll throw myself infront of a pile of rakes.
simpsons-sideshow-bob.gif

I misworded it and didn't catch it till now (meant to say dollars)--don't worry, I'll throw myself infront of a pile of rakes.
simpsons-sideshow-bob.gif
Hahah

I wasn't trying to catch you out, i genuinely don't know what info you guys have managed to find or suspect is connected

I love that the director of PortAventura is a big fan of all the parks and expresses it openly without marketing nonsense about being competitors and what has touched my heart is how proud he is that his daughter has finally been able to ride some of the credits upon reaching height:

what you see in the picture?

A) Frédéric Boulva (Disney Imagineer & Director of Attractions Operations at Disneyland Paris), now leading at PortAventura and following key Universal profiles...
B) People that work for Universal at UK (same number than in Osaka but different roles)
C) Both

Attachments

• davidgarcia.jpeg
    davidgarcia.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 31
  • usl2.png
    usl2.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I love that the director of PortAventura is a big fan of all the parks and expresses it openly without marketing nonsense about being competitors and what has touched my heart is how proud he is that his daughter has finally been able to ride some of the credits upon reaching height:

what you see in the picture?

A) Frédéric Boulva (Disney Imagineer & Director of Attractions Operations at Disneyland Paris), now leading at PortAventura and following key Universal profiles...
B) People that work for Universal at UK (same number than in Osaka but different roles)
C) Both
I am so confused. Are you insinuating that because a person follows Universal on LinkedIn, and likes their posts, they are affiliated with them?

I follow Universal Destinations & Experiences on LinkedIn, and I liked those same posts, does that mean I work for them?

I am so confused. Are you insinuating that because a person follows Universal on LinkedIn, and likes their posts, they are affiliated with them?

I follow Universal Destinations & Experiences on LinkedIn, and I liked those same posts, does that mean I work for them?
Hello Alicia, perhaps I have let myself be carried away more by the desire that I have for something to happen than by reason. My point of view is that it seemed strange to me that from a corporate point of view, a senior official from company B shares media and "likes" publications from company A (its competition), be it Universal-Disney, Epson- HP, Pepsi-Cocacola... But as I say, don't pay much attention to me, really. A big hug!

Reactions: Calmix and GA-MBIT
Hello Alicia, perhaps I have let myself be carried away more by the desire that I have for something to happen than by reason. My point of view is that it seemed strange to me that from a corporate point of view, a senior official from company B shares media and "likes" publications from company A (its competition), be it Universal-Disney, Epson- HP, Pepsi-Cocacola... But as I say, don't pay much attention to me, really. A big hug!
No worries! It's actually pretty common, in my experience, to see creatives with either Universal or Disney like/comment on posts from their competitors. It's a relatively small circle and many of these people know each other and are friends dating back many, many years. They're theme park (or at least themed entertainment) dorks just like us!