The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The fog at HHN is water based. Your friend's pants are doing nothing but overheating him. In fact, the company HHN uses for fog is owned by a man with asthma. He sits in the stuff and breathes it all day. I order about 1 ton of the same fluid every year. Universal is one of their biggest clients.
"100% American Made - ... only uses De-Ionized Water and Pharmaceutical Grade Chemicals, all Approved by the FDA."
I imagine water based fog lingers longer as well? I always like it how at HHN the fog generally covers the ground rather well and stays for a good period of time. Nitrogen based fog I guess is the opposite, hence why it is used for quick bursts on rides like Transformer? Anyway, fascinating how much thought has to go into things, how it is not just "let's have some fog", but one gas to actually consider different factors, really makes one appreciate things even more.

The fog at HHN is water based. Your friend's pants are doing nothing but overheating him. In fact, the company HHN uses for fog is owned by a man with asthma. He sits in the stuff and breathes it all day. I order about 1 ton of the same fluid every year. Universal is one of their biggest clients.
"100% American Made - ... only uses De-Ionized Water and Pharmaceutical Grade Chemicals, all Approved by the FDA."
While it is water based I think it is the propylene glycol and the triethylene glycol that leave the skin feeling like it is coated. The older mineral oil based fogs were very bad at that and while better the water based does leave some residue. I still wear shorts but I am ready for a shower after a night of wading in the stuff.

latest

Anyone? :p

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
i think the rehab is to move the Que around so they can close kidzone
I'd be interested to know where people think they could potentially move the queue entrance to (which seems like a good idea) and also re-route the exit from the giftshop? Somewhere near The Woody Pizza place, or even a longer path near Cafe La Bamba/Hollywood could work, it would just be a longer walking entrance to the ride, just like the HHN houses have in that area.

you know the gate next to horror makeup.The sound-stage behind the gate is et. only problem is that the parade would have to enter the park another way.

Not entirely.

They can easily move the Media Center to another location in the park (or Citywalk, mind you) and that they can have the ET attraction have the entrance over by where the building of the Media Center is now.

What they would have to do though, I would think wouldn't be ready. Especially with such a short time-frame of two and a half weeks.

The only comparison I could make, is the Shrek 4D queue at Hollywood, but that took a longer period of time because of how close it was to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

ET? Kidzone hasn't even closed yet. If ET would stay for the long haul, they would close it for an extended period of time, and pour in money that is wasted for it to live an extra few years.

i think they took out the fog due to complaints.People tend to complain if the ride spins a lot and add the fact thats where you spin the most also had fog and some water effects was getting huge negatives in the gsat scores
I wish Uni would bring the effects back now since people want full "experiences" rather than just simulators :)

June 4th will be out last day for this trip, so we'll rope drop E.T. for the first time ever :D (although i seem to recall it opens later in the day...).

i'll report what i can. Do they ever soft-open refurbs? :)

Reactions: belloq87
That's $25 gift card last time I was there.

I got a crisp $20 last year and heard it was $30 in January. Maybe it depends on what the preview is what and how much you can make. Too bad I am out of the demo now

We've received both $25 and $45 for a 20 minute and hour long preview before. But we try every time and since we're such a common demo (24 y.o. white female, 26 y.o. white male both from South Florida), they usually don't need our demo and pass on us.

Reactions: JoeCamel
OK a little off topic here but does anyone know that ET is an example of the The Mandela Effect. I've been looking all over but i remember that there was bad aliens in the ride that after the warp before the space ship. would say that they like the planet dead and either threaten ET or say something about chasing him.But i cant find it anywhere or the fact that people remember the spaceship ride vehicles but also cant find examples of those.