The effect of HBO's Harry Potter series on the parks | Inside Universal Forums

The effect of HBO's Harry Potter series on the parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 22, 2016
Keighley
I'm interested to everyone's thoughts on what effect, if any, the new series will have on the parks. With the new teaser reveal it looks thematically similar if not the same - same music and titles, obviously with a new cast.

If the series boomed with popularity, do you think Universal might acknowledge and do additions/amendments years down the road? With Rowing being an exec producer on the new series it clearly has her blessing.

I don't think anything will happen, but it would be funny if years down the road they swap out the original actors who played Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, and Hagrid on Forbidden Journey with the rebooted actors.

I don't think anything will happen, but it would be funny if years down the road they swap out the original actors who played Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, and Hagrid on Forbidden Journey with the rebooted actors.
I'm not even sure if it would fit under the umbrella of rights they've already got?

I don't think it even matters that much, ultimately. Despite the use of different actors, they are clearly going to reuse much of the movies' imagery, considering the original logo, Williams's score, and the identical Hogwarts in the teaser. This isn't the thread for the show, but it's kinda funny how they're sticking to what made the original movies so iconic, and I doubt that'll have much of an impact on the parks. If this DOES get made, most people's nostalgia for the franchise will still be with the movies anyways.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
If we use GE as reference, people wanted the land connected to the original movies, not the recent trilogy. I hope Universal learned that lesson. Until WB ties their hands that is.

Also, I posted on the show thread, but I’m not sold that the iconography, music, and logo will still be standing by the time the show is actually made.

I think it will boost people into the IP but doubt much else. Universal is the clear winner if this show does well

Right now it's a complete unknown, but given that it's using the exact same source material as the original film series I'm not expecting this to expand the Wizarding World universe in any ways.

At most I think you could swap out the film cast for the TV show cast but the film series is so popular and iconic to what people think Harry Potter is. Anyways after Fantastic Beasts fell flat I think it's better to take a wait and see approach here.