Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do you guys think they’ll be doing the virtual queue this Thursday to get into the land? I won’t be able to get to the park until about 1pm and obviously am hoping to get into SNW!!

Not even that. Its just not engaging in the slightest. This ride has barely any setup to get you excited.

I don't understand this take. The queue is one of the best in the world, and the pre-show room is great. The music is loud and engaging, and the screens are big and bright. It literally "spells things out." Thought it was great, and plenty exciting.

I've said from the first time I rode, I thought the pre-shows were the weak spot. I get they have to share a lot of information, but even so it seems overly long, and having it all be entirely non verbal doesn't help engagement.. and the fact there's two pre-show rooms, when essentially nothing even happens in the first pre-show room, makes me wonder why they even have two pre-show rooms at all.

The pre shows need some kind of official narration NOT coming from the TMs on the microphone. The whole pre-show is just instructions on how to ride, no story or anything other than team Mario (you) vs bowser. On re-rides the pre-shows are painful to sit through, both are long and essentially tell the same info. Single rider is more appealing because it skips them. I also dislike the TMs on the microphone “hyping” up the crowd, “are you guys ready to ride Mario kart!” and then ALWAYS followed by the classic “come on you guys can do better than that!” etc... Of course, it’s OK for the first ride but afterwards it’s annoying.

The pre shows need some kind of official narration NOT coming from the TMs on the microphone. The whole pre-show is just instructions on how to ride, no story or anything other than team Mario (you) vs bowser. On re-rides the pre-shows are painful to sit through, both are long and essentially tell the same info. Single rider is more appealing because it skips them. I also dislike the TMs on the microphone “hyping” up the crowd, “are you guys ready to ride Mario kart!” and then ALWAYS followed by the classic “come on you guys can do better than that!” etc... Of course, it’s OK for the first ride but afterwards it’s annoying.
Any person that tells me to cheer when I don’t want to and then follows it up with “CoMe On EvErYoNe I cAn’T hEaR yOuu!!!!” is the absolute bane of my existence.

The first preshow is completely pointless when the second preshow repeats the same information but more clearly and concisely. It's a weird setup, and I wonder if the first room should just become switchbacks. It basically serves the same purpose as the Mario Kart TV HQ room in Japan's version of the queue.

Any person that tells me to cheer when I don’t want to and then follows it up with “CoMe On EvErYoNe I cAn’T hEaR yOuu!!!!” is the absolute bane of my existence.
You're giving me flashbacks to the 2 hours of wooing I had to do for various media on Friday at 6am lmao

The preshows are boring, probably the weakest point (maybe even only weak point) of the entire ride/queue. Hopefully they figure something else out by the time Epic roles around. It's nice for SR tho because sometimes the preshow starves the queue and I still get to go with friends lol

How have ops in the loading station been, for anyone who's gone this weekend? Are they managing to keep dispatches consistent and avoid backups/stalls during the ride?

I also think we haven't spent a lot of time talking about which "side" is preferable. Each track obviously visits the same scenes and largely experiences the same "events," but there are a lot of animations that are unique to either side.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriefCasey
How have ops in the loading station been, for anyone's gone this weekend? Are they managing to keep dispatches consistent and avoid backups/stalls during the ride?

I also think we haven't spent a lot of time talking about which "side" is preferable. Each track obviously visits the same scenes and largely experiences the same "events," but there are a lot of animations that are unique to either side.
I remember stopping once for an extended period on Friday out of my four rides. My favorite side is the right side because you don’t have to go up stairs, through a long hallway, then back down stairs to get to the exit.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I think the 2nd preshow serves the purpose of allowing TMs to restock the visors for the next group to grab. On slower days like the Feb 6 previews, they kept the doors wide open since and just let everyone through.

My favorite side is the right side going down the stairs (left side once seated). Mainly cuz 90% of my rides have been on that side so the few times I rode the other side, I was thrown off by the angles.

Tip if you want to reride SR without having to go through the entire queue again. Take the elevator up to the left before the exit. It'll take you right back to SR. Don't do this if the line is past the visor distro.

Noticed something unusual. Why is it that on the four Lower Lot rides, TMs applaud you as you exit the ride? No where else in the park does that. I get that you survived an adventure or finished a race, but on that logic, FJ should do that too instead of rushing you off the ride.

I take it you don't like the WaterWorld preshow.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Noticed something unusual. Why is it that on the four Lower Lot rides, TMs applaud you as you exit the ride? No where else in the park does that. I get that you survived an adventure or finished a race, but on that logic, FJ should do that too instead of rushing you off the ride.
IIRC GSATs have indicated that guest satisfaction goes up with the clapping. It's a bit difficult to do for Forbidden Journey I guess because you don't really have the row of ops standing in place doing the thumbs up and whatnot like on the Lower Lot rides

Despite riding it five different times across two different days, it wasn’t until this comment that I realized that not once in any of them was I ever put on the right side. All my rides have been on the left track. I planned on not going for a while in the wake of the grand opening, but now I feel like I should go during a weekday here soon just to try and take on the challenge of getting to ride the right side…