Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Bowl Parade Coming Back to Magic Kingdom

Here's the "I'm going to Disney World" commercial for this year. Nick Foles should be coming out in the cavalcade right about now as the Super Bowl MVP parade begins at noon.

Julian Edleman and Tom Brady will be at Magic Kingdom today (2/4) for their Super Bowl victory parade and will happen at 2:40.

I always think about how hungover these players must be the day after, and then they are forced to do a parade at Disney for marketing reasons. I mean, I'm sure they get paid a boat load, but it has to be a pretty miserable experience. I'm sure most players are there for the parade and on a private jet back home within an hour.

I always think about how hungover these players must be the day after, and then they are forced to do a parade at Disney for marketing reasons. I mean, I'm sure they get paid a boat load, but it has to be a pretty miserable experience. I'm sure most players are there for the parade and on a private jet back home within an hour.

They've been there so far the entire day, and they seem happy.

That was my exact thought. I can’t think of anything worse after a huge night of partying.

I actually think Tom Brady chose to come on his own, so it can’t be all bad. Normally this is just for the MVP, but Brady has a young son and daughter so I can see why he’d want to do it.

That was my exact thought. I can’t think of anything worse after a huge night of partying.

considering they probably receive VIP treatment and walk on all the rides, I doubt it's as stressful as I'm thinking.

Exactly. Their experience vs ours is on another level.
Hell, a paid for $10k VIP experience and theirs will be on a different level.

---

Edit: The top twitter comment in response is "Well I mean its a free trip (that they could easily afford)....i would be happier if you gave it to low income families instead".

Might as well say "Why did they have Jason Bateman do that car commercial? He has plenty of money. I would be happier if you gave it to an out of work actor instead".

God Twitter is stupid.

Unless im missing something, they went on one ride, (which happens to be their newest attraction), and then did the parade. I'm still pretty cynical that they are really "at the parks".
I get what you're saying, but my point is i'm sure they get VIP treatment if they want to use it. But like you said, after a long night, i'm sure their mindset is more about getting whatever they may be required to do out of the way and then relaxing.

yeah i found it odd Tom's wife wasn't riding with him on the Slinky Dog. Were those his kids? Where is his Giselle?

Like I said, I'm sure they are happy to be paid to be there, but I bet they are also like "I can't wait to GTFO of Disney" . lol.

absolutely boring game by the way...and no Potter coaster announcement either. There goes that theory...

Exactly. Their experience vs ours is on another level.
Hell, a paid for $10k VIP experience and theirs will be on a different level.

---

Edit: The top twitter comment in response is "Well I mean its a free trip (that they could easily afford)....i would be happier if you gave it to low income families instead".

Might as well say "Why did they have Jason Bateman do that car commercial? He has plenty of money. I would be happier if you gave it to an out of work actor instead".

God Twitter is stupid.

I agree that Twitter is stupid...but your argument doesn't hold water, as Jason Bateman is an actor, and is just doing his job. There is no reason a Football player should be required to go to Disney World as part of "there job". They do it because Disney puts up big bucks.
Not saying these players "hate" disney or anything, but going the day after the super bowl is a bit much.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i found it odd Tom's wife wasn't riding with him on the Slinky Dog. Were those his kids? Where is his Giselle?

Like I said, I'm sure they are happy to be paid to be there, but I bet they are also like "I can't wait to GTFO of Disney" . lol.
In the video where Brady and Edelman were on Slinky Dog, he mentioned "too bad our daughters couldn't be here". I'm guessing the trip is so short it wasn't worth it. I can't imagine Disney would say no to 8-10 year olds coming and getting to show them having a fun time.

Yeah, when I used to work at Disney they literally fly them in, motorcade them right from the airport to do some publicity shots, then they do the parade and get taken right back to the airport to fly out.