Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left for vacation and this thread was talking about everything but Star Wars, I come back and nothing has changed. Ehhh typical Disney future talk!

Left for vacation and this thread was talking about everything but Star Wars, I come back and nothing has changed. Ehhh typical Disney future talk!

Yep they make it difficult to keep hopeful momentum about projects. So much potential and zero follow thru to date. Can we at least get some concept art for something? ANYTHING!?

I believe that the only major AA intensive component in this modest Star Wars expansion would be the Cantina band. A few others may show up in the queue of the speederbike attraction.

So the word now is that the Star Wars expansion is "modest"? When it came down that TDO had dropped bringing the Cars land to Orlando, speculation had been that the reason was so they could go "all in" on Star Wars. I continue to be baffled by TDO'S lack of vision and commitment. So much can be done with this franchise that it's truly sad TDO is going to squander it...

OK...try this on for size. Behind the Cantina you enter a room for a briefing with other new X-wing pilots that is suddenly interrupted by an incursion of storm troopers. During the ensuing gun battle, Han Solo yells "we need to get out of here now!" Everyone is quickly shuffled into the Millennium Falcon, which is actually a transportation vehicle to move you between parks - Disney's response to HE. At first it pulls out slowly, but it's really a MAGLEV train that goes to "light speed" by accelerating to 200 MPH for the run to AK where you depart onto the moons of Endor. This is only one of so many scenarios that could be employed. But I'm afraid that all TDO will do is create a Chewbacca "meet and greet" and add an Ewok play land for the kiddies.

You know that sad part? I think they have their crap together for Pandora more than Star Wars. I mean it sounds like they have the ride concept and what they are doing nailed down for Pandora. But Star Wars it doesn't even sound like they know WHAT they are doing. So when will we get this expansion, 4 or 5 years from now? I mean NOTHING is being worked on, but a roller coaster that will open in January and a Meet n Greet that is opening soon. After that, nothing. Disney is so SLOW at construction, that if they haven't started it now we are not seeing it for at least 2 years.

I was on vacation last week at a resort and was at their little social they have every Monday where you get to meet the other guests (hey, free wine, cheese, and crackers). Anyways, I was talking to this person who was from Maryland and she said last time she went to Epcot she paid $90 and was so disappointed. She said they used to go with their kids and now their kids are all grown up and she was down in the area and decided to go to Epcot. Well, she said NOTHING has changed and it is supposed to be "future" stuff. She thought they would keep it more fresh. So this is coming from someone that doesn't go often and someone that really wasn't interested in going to any of their parks again after that experience. So it is starting to effect the general vacationer. The slower they are, the more it is going to effect people and the more people will either stop coming to Orlando or move to a different park.

Now on a side note, she did state that she had heard Uni had "lame" rides. I told her this was not the case and that they are adding amazing rides every year and that she should really check it out. So Uni still hasn't totally gotten rid of their image either.

It all starts at the top, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Iger has made a lot of good business decisions for the company as a whole, but he just doesn't seem to get it when it comes to the parks. Steve Burke, on the other side, has an entire vision and is very enthusiastic about seeing it come to life. He knows the company has to make money, but he also knows that they have to continually add attractions and things for people to do in order for people to SPEND money and for them to have a chance to pass Disney's parks.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, MM+ is supposedly meant to make guests spend money, yet they are close to $2B in the hole on it. If they put that money to good use and built great attractions that are highly merchandisable like Uni currently is, then they wouldn't be in the position they are currently in.

Reactions: JungleSkip
It all starts at the top, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Iger has made a lot of good business decisions for the company as a whole, but he just doesn't seem to get it when it comes to the parks. Steve Burke, on the other side, has an entire vision and is very enthusiastic about seeing it come to life. He knows the company has to make money, but he also knows that they have to continually add attractions and things for people to do in order for people to SPEND money and for them to have a chance to pass Disney's parks.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, MM+ is supposedly meant to make guests spend money, yet they are close to $2B in the hole on it. If they put that money to good use and built great attractions that are highly merchandisable like Uni currently is, then they wouldn't be in the position they are currently in.

Agreed. What I don't get is how MM+ ended up costing that much money. I mean I think in the end it will increase spending and make guests happier (probably not for another 2 years until they work out all the kinks), but 2B is way too much to recover. Oh well, nothing we can do to change executives and until people's pocketbooks vote, nothing will change.

Agreed. What I don't get is how MM+ ended up costing that much money. I mean I think in the end it will increase spending and make guests happier (probably not for another 2 years until they work out all the kinks), but 2B is way too much to recover. Oh well, nothing we can do to change executives and until people's pocketbooks vote, nothing will change.
I've personally already heard a lot of people say how cool the new system is. Granted, most are those that haven't tried FP+ yet, although they have experienced parts of the infrastructure. But I mean, $2B+ MM+, DVC, Epcot restaurants and Disney Springs. Of course they have Festival of Fantasy and SDMT next year too, but other than that, what are they really investing that isn't solely focused on making money? Unless they wake up, realize they need something soon and fast track Star Wars, we aren't looking at anything significant for 3+ years after next year.

I've personally already heard a lot of people say how cool the new system is. Granted, most are those that haven't tried FP+ yet, although they have experienced parts of the infrastructure. But I mean, $2B+ MM+, DVC, Epcot restaurants and Disney Springs. Of course they have Festival of Fantasy and SDMT next year too, but other than that, what are they really investing that isn't solely focused on making money? Unless they wake up, realize they need something soon and fast track Star Wars, we aren't looking at anything significant for 3+ years after next year.

I'm curious to see if any actual cast members here or abroad actually like this new system? Does anyone realize that this 2 Billion dollar investments primary (hidden) goal? Once live and all the kinks are worked out this system will allow for major payroll cutbacks resort wide. That means less hours and fewer jobs leading to a better bottom line, which again is TDO's main focus here.

2017 is the earliest that we will see anything beyond 7DMT.

:down: I just understand why a corporation such as Disney asks like they dont have to worry about the return guests. There has to be more creative minds in that group than coming up with bathrooms and magic bands :bang:

:down: I just understand why a corporation such as Disney asks like they dont have to worry about the return guests. There has to be more creative minds in that group than coming up with bathrooms and magic bands :bang:
When someone can come up with an idea that will allow Disney to collect guest info, increase guest spending and cut costs, while making the tech seem "cool" and allowing the uber planners to book their ride times in advance, they will win out any day of the week over someone with ride idea. It isn't lack of creativity, it's lack of foresight by the bean-counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.