Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ETA: So WDWPro has a different spin on this. His theory is that Grogu will be limited to the starcruiser, in a revamped, new era story. In other words, he's still coming, but WDW guests who want to see him will have to pay up.

So they're suggesting that Disney is removing Rey and Kylo and the rest of the sequel elements or are they just shoe-horning Grogu and Mando into the current story?

So they're suggesting that Disney is removing Rey and Kylo and the rest of the sequel elements or are they just shoe-horning Grogu and Mando into the current story?
They showed a picture of Boba and Fennec in the SWGE Market Area. Rey and Chewie usually hang out by the Falcon. I think that’s the type of thing they mean.

You may see Rey & Chewie by the Falcon, Boba Fett & Fennec in the market, possibly the same area that Mando and Grogu will be. Maybe ”legacy” characters such as Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, etc show up by RotR?

They showed a picture of Boba and Fennec in the SWGE Market Area. Rey and Chewie usually hang out by the Falcon. I think that’s the type of thing they mean.

You may see Rey & Chewie by the Falcon, Boba Fett & Fennec in the market, possibly the same area that Mando and Grogu will be. Maybe ”legacy” characters such as Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, etc show up by RotR?

Nick I think they are referring to the rumor that Grogu will be on the Star Cruiser.

Yeah, my question was getting at are they going to completely rewrite the story on the star cruiser to fit the time period of The Mandalorian? How else can he and Grogu appear or are they just going to say screw it and toss out some actually popular characters?

They will eventually be forced to remove the sequel elements if you ask me. The people simply do not like them and they will not sell. Eventually they will be forced to give the people what they want or else lose lots of money. I also wonder if kenobi continues to do so well if we’ll see Kylo and the first order slowly replaced by Vader and the empire. If they did this then I’d finally pay to go. From personal experience when this was being built, people would ask me about ‘Star Wars land,’ and every time Id say it’s based around the sequels I’d be met with immediate disappointment and loss of interest. Excuse me for being blunt, but this is plain stupid. Why in the hell would they waste one of their biggest franchises on its weakest films. It’s like if they based all of avengers campus around Eternals. It just doesn’t make sense

They will eventually be forced to remove the sequel elements if you ask me. The people simply do not like them and they will not sell. Eventually they will be forced to give the people what they want or else lose lots of money. I also wonder if kenobi continues to do so well if we’ll see Kylo and the first order slowly replaced by Vader and the empire. If they did this then I’d finally pay to go. From personal experience when this was being built, people would ask me about ‘Star Wars land,’ and every time Id say it’s based around the sequels I’d be met with immediate disappointment and loss of interest. Excuse me for being blunt, but this is plain stupid. Why in the hell would they waste one of their biggest franchises on its weakest films. It’s like if they based all of avengers campus around Eternals. It just doesn’t make sense
This is very interesting to me

I suppose in the future we could see more Disney+ characters make their way into the land

Rise is really the only thing that acknowledges the new trilogy in a concrete unchangeable way

I mean I guess you could change Rise, but...It seems a lot easier to change the offerings in the land a bit

Overall I think the land was built intentionally "original" and "template-y" to provide opportunities for future Star Wars things

Much like Avengers Campus can add things on a whim

This is very interesting to me

I suppose in the future we could see more Disney+ characters make their way into the land

Rise is really the only thing that acknowledges the new trilogy in a concrete unchangeable way

I mean I guess you could change Rise, but...It seems a lot easier to change the offerings in the land a bit

Overall I think the land was built intentionally "original" and "template-y" to provide opportunities for future Star Wars things

Much like Avengers Campus can add things on a whim
I completely agree. Even Rise seems to be lacking concrete sequel elements that couldn’t be changed. If they changed a few videos and some costumes on the animatronics they could make it into whatever they wanted. It’s very interesting to me that almost all of the major animatronics are masked, almost like they could simply be given a new costume to become a new character. If they want to succeed, they will have to roll over and move away from the set sequel storyline.

If you ask me they should retheme it to the original trilogy, as that has the most marketing potential. While the prequels and sequels only cover those specific films (clone wars maybe included) OT era can cover Kenobi, Solo, Rogue One, the OT itself, BOBF, and the mandalorian. This era can accommodate the most Star Wars properties, thus giving it the broadest marketing reach

If certain actors are ok with reprising their roles with digital iterations, I wonder what’s stopping them from saying yes to theme park rides…

Reactions: biggerboat16
Maybe Disney could just ignore all the movies.
They gave us a land we didn't know or cared about, why not do that with the characters, maybe than it will work.
Change the story, change Kylo Ren into the unique lovechild between Kylo and Vader; Darth Ren.
Darth Ren has a hissy fit as Starbucks became a thee store and now he has to blow up the universe as that overpriced coffee shop is spread like a virus over the galaxy. We as the Thee Huggers have to go on board and capture the last cup of overly sweet and tasteless coffee to free the universe from bad taste.

I abhor the new films, but I absolutely love this land.

Hate to break it to some of you, but Disney aren't the only ones trying to milk every cent out of you. It's just the nature of this particular industry. I struggle to see how lands such as Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley should be given a pass in this sense. SW: GE may not be directly based on a single iconic location from the films, but its theming is easily on the same level as both Wizarding World lands, and it deserves props for that. It's baffling to see how it's become a punching bag for some theme park enthusiasts. I think it's possible to hate Disney's overall approach to Star Wars, but still appreciate this WDI masterpiece.

As for the actual rides: ROTR is frustrating due to overwhelming demand and the nature of the ride itself, but when everything's working, I don't think you could possibly build a more immersive Star Wars attraction. It is an achievement. I just wish it was more accessible to the casual park-goer. As for Smuggler's Run, I think that ride's totally underrated. Best simulator ride in the entire world, easily. You actually feel like you're in the Falcon, and the wait times are surprisingly modest. It's just pure, immersive fun every time I go on. Amazing facade, too; seeing the entire Falcon steaming and purring just a few feet in front of you is as impressive as seeing Hogwarts Castle peeking over the snowy rooftops of Hogsmeade, or getting your first glimpse at Gringotts looming at the end of Diagon Alley. Maybe even more so, depending on who you ask.

I generally avoid eating at theme parks at all costs, but I can't help myself at SW: GE. The Ronto Wrap is the best quick service food item I've had anywhere on property, and its price is pretty fair, at least by theme park standards. I also got to go to Oga's Cantina for the first time recently, and it's an incredible attraction in itself. I didn't expect much from the actual drink offerings, but Jabba Juice is amazing, and it's probably more deserving of a dedicated cart than blue and green milk.

tl;dr: The Disney Star Wars age has been an abomination, but SW: GE is the exception.

Hate to break it to some of you, but Disney aren't the only ones trying to milk every cent out of you. It's just the nature of this particular industry. I struggle to see how lands such as Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley should be given a pass in this sense. SW: GE may not be directly based on a single iconic location from the films, but its theming is easily on the same level as both Wizarding World lands, and it deserves props for that. It's baffling to see how it's become a punching bag for some theme park enthusiasts. I think it's possible to hate Disney's overall approach to Star Wars, but still appreciate this WDI masterpiece.

As for the actual rides: ROTR is frustrating due to overwhelming demand and the nature of the ride itself, but when everything's working, I don't think you could possibly build a more immersive Star Wars attraction. It is an achievement. I just wish it was more accessible to the casual park-goer. As for Smuggler's Run, I think that ride's totally underrated. Best simulator ride in the entire world, easily. You actually feel like you're in the Falcon, and the wait times are surprisingly modest. It's just pure, immersive fun every time I go on. Amazing facade, too; seeing the entire Falcon steaming and purring just a few feet in front of you is as impressive as seeing Hogwarts Castle peeking over the snowy rooftops of Hogsmeade, or getting your first glimpse at Gringotts looming at the end of Diagon Alley. Maybe even more so, depending on who you ask.

I generally avoid eating at theme parks at all costs, but I can't help myself at SW: GE. The Ronto Wrap is the best quick service food item I've had anywhere on property, and its price is pretty fair, at least by theme park standards. I also got to go to Oga's Cantina for the first time recently, and it's an incredible attraction in itself. I didn't expect much from the actual drink offerings, but Jabba Juice is amazing, and it's probably more deserving of a dedicated cart than blue and green milk.

tl;dr: The Disney Star Wars age has been an abomination, but SW: GE is the exception.
Myself, I liked SWGE, but not as much as Diagon. My observation is that most people like the same things that you've described as good. The objections to SWGE generally are due to the lack of the promised live shows and character interactions
that result in the land being a bit lifeless....but mostly the use of the not very beloved characters from the recent movies instead of the loved characters from the first three SW movies. It's kind of like if Diagon and Hogsmeade ignored Harry, Hermione, Ron and Hagrid and instead only had characters from the Forbidden Beasts films. That's where Disney missed the mark, and continuously miss it by stubbornly clinging to these new 'not very popular' characters . I would just about guarantee the
public's view of SWGE would jump a bunch of notches if Disney would have some significant live shows in the land, more than the present sparse character interactions....and most of all, bring Darth Vader and the rest of the gang into the
land in a prominent role.

Fundamentally, I mostly agree with the overall thought that Galaxy's Edge is a great land, though my major caveat is that I think the decision to set the land explicitly during the Sequels was a mistake.

My biggest problem (and I’m guessing the majority of Star Wars fans) is that they created a non-movie location for the land. How many Star Wars fa a have been dreaming of visiting Tatooine, or Endor, or Cloud City, or Hoth? Sure if you picked one you would risk disappointing some but that’s just the nature of things. But instead they tried to please everyone by inventing a new location.

I mean it would be like if when Universal got the rights to Potter instead of building Hogsmead and Hogworts they instead invented Camp Hogworts: a summer time retreat for Hogworts students and family to enjoy over summer break.

My biggest problem (and I’m guessing the majority of Star Wars fans) is that they created a non-movie location for the land. How many Star Wars fa a have been dreaming of visiting Tatooine, or Endor, or Cloud City, or Hoth? Sure if you picked one you would risk disappointing some but that’s just the nature of things. But instead they tried to please everyone by inventing a new location.

I mean it would be like if when Universal got the rights to Potter instead of building Hogsmead and Hogworts they instead invented Camp Hogworts: a summer time retreat for Hogworts students and family to enjoy over summer break.
I'm personally a big fan of the land being an original idea while having the Star Wars aesthetic infused

Tatooine and Endor would have been fun to visit though...and they feel like a missed opportunity

Add in that the land is simply devoid of characters like Vader, Mando, or heck even Maul...It's mostly just Kylo and Rey and Stormtroopers

I also think a coaster would have changed the tune of the land a bit

Reactions: BigHouseFootball
I'm personally a big fan of the land being an original idea while having the Star Wars aesthetic infused

Tatooine and Endor would have been fun to visit though...and they feel like a missed opportunity

Add in that the land is simply devoid of characters like Vader, Mando, or heck even Maul...It's mostly just Kylo and Rey and Stormtroopers

I also think a coaster would have changed the tune of the land a bit
The original plan before budget cuts with the Yoshi type attraction would have added some kinetic energy to the land. Shame it got cut, but that’s hardly the problem with this land. The biggest issue is shoehorning themselves into a specific time frame to be “canon.”

Reactions: belloq87