Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dramatic difference between the two coasts:

About 4 months worth of difference based on when both went vertical. Things will look a lot closer between the two lands (closer than it actually is) over the next few months. The show buildings will rise quick at DHS.

One thing that we don't have to deal with that Disneyland does, is the earthquake bracing. On the other hand, we have our summer thunderstorms to slow things down a bit. It amazing how fast the iron work goes up, as it was just early February, that Disneyland went vertical.

Reactions: Quint and Mad Dog
One thing that we don't have to deal with that Disneyland does, is the earthquake bracing. On the other hand, we have our summer thunderstorms to slow things down a bit. It amazing how fast the iron work goes up, as it was just early February, that Disneyland went vertical.
Welcome to the Inside Universal (formerly OU) Forums. :):thumbsup:

Reactions: Trek
Star Wars Land is definitely going to be a much larger response than even Pandora has been in the Animal Kingdom if that is possible since I have heard when Pandora opened the Flight of Passage ride had lines close to 5 hours wait and Na'vi River Journey was 4 hours. I think it has gone down since, but it is still quite insane at times during the day. Star Wars Land is going to be even worse in my opinion.

Star Wars Land is definitely going to be a much larger response than even Pandora has been in the Animal Kingdom if that is possible since I have heard when Pandora opened the Flight of Passage ride had lines close to 5 hours wait and Na'vi River Journey was 4 hours. I think it has gone down since, but it is still quite insane at times during the day. Star Wars Land is going to be even worse in my opinion.

It's going to be Magic Kingdom new years level crowds.

I'm calling it now. Millennium Falcon ride wait time 9 hours for the first few days. Line to get into land wraps around Echo Lake down to park entrance.
That's the line people will be lining up for because of the Falcon, but the real bread and butter of the land is within the battle attraction. That's where I'll be on opening day.

Reactions: jtsalien and Joel
That's the line people will be lining up for because of the Falcon, but the real bread and butter of the land is within the battle attraction. That's where I'll be on opening day.
I'm looking most forward to that one myself too. Are we pretty sure it's going to be trackless RVs like the Rat ride, but without 3D?

While you guys are standing in those long long ride lines, I'll be sipping a drink at a nearby DHS bar watching you all sweat to death. :):cheers: ....I'll wait some months (or years:lol:) until the lines calm down, and do a nice leisurely walk into the land.

That is the way to do it. I'm not one to do the whole camping out thing and have to be there the first day type. I can't even imagine how crazy it is going to be on opening week. They are going to draw a whole new crowd to the park. I wonder if DHS can handle that type of traffic.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That is the way to do it. I'm not one to do the whole camping out thing and have to be there the first day type. I can't even imagine how crazy it is going to be on opening week. They are going to draw a whole new crowd to the park. I wonder if DHS can handle that type of traffic.
Probably not. Capacity isn't much even with SWL & TSL. Not a lot of walking space in the park (much of the park is back stage space), even with the additions. The parking lot is smallish, though it appears they may expand it somewhat. Those resorts with the gondolas may be the best way to get to the park. Guessing the park reaches max capacity and closes on many days in the first few weeks or months. It will be crazy, no doubt. :)

Probably not. Capacity isn't much even with SWL & TSL. Not a lot of walking space in the park (much of the park is back stage space), even with the additions. The parking lot is smallish, though it appears they may expand it somewhat. Those resorts with the gondolas may be the best way to get to the park. Guessing the park reaches max capacity and closes on many days in the first few weeks or months. It will be crazy, no doubt. :)
The parking lot expansion looks like the same size as the current parking lot. Just saw this pic from bio and it blew my mind! New parking on right.

DBqYfdXXsAENx-P.jpg

They could very well be nearly doubling parking capacity. They're gonna need it. At least this way cast members won't have to park elsewhere and bus in.

Reactions: Joel
The parking lot expansion looks like the same size as the current parking lot. Just saw this pic from bio and it blew my mind! New parking on right.

View attachment 4635

They could very well be nearly doubling parking capacity. They're gonna need it. At least this way cast members won't have to park elsewhere and bus in.
That angle shot makes the foreground areas appear larger than they actually are in relation to the entire park. I wonder if there's a straight above aerial view, that would give us a better idea of the true size of the expansion parking in relation to the present lot.