Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You forget there is more to star wars than just the films. You have the Clone Wars, The rebels tv show, etc which are to get kids into the series. Those were toy sales. Movie people may be watching yet not buying into anything outside of that..
I didn't forget, but common logic would assume Star Wars make less money during a Anthology year than an Episode year in every business area that they make money.

People who watch the films most certainly do buy merch.

Still very limited on updates , this was about all I could find:

This was three weeks ago in the same area:

Capture.jpg

Not really an update but I found this interesting, must have a lot of dirt to shift to warrant setting up a conveyor!

This is WAY behind California's construction. Not only are the Imperial Walkers not even up yet, the building they're in isn't even up yet. They have to be 6-9 months behind Disneyland.

And, I would think the DL would be the ones further behind with the earthquake building codes, but here's what Westcoaster show's as of May 2nd:

DLR-17_0502-A-FirstOrder-0005.jpg

This is WAY behind California's construction. Not only are the Imperial Walkers not even up yet, the building they're in isn't even up yet. They have to be 6-9 months behind Disneyland.

And, I would think the DL would be the ones further behind with the earthquake building codes, but here's what Westcoaster show's as of May 2nd:

Wow, I didn't think it was that far ahead.

No detail, but the groundlings tell me Pew Pew Land will have a dinner show.

Probably more Medieval Times than musical, but holding out hope for some numbers from The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Let's get a Bea Arthur AA in the cantina!

Okay, probably not a great idea...

I look at this and get depressed!

Since you are including DL in this, I'd easily take this bet. How soon we forget what Avatar looked like 2 years ago.
Or the fact that Nintendo in Japan is supposed to open in 2019 and just started construction in comparison to SWL, especially at DL.

Found this pic with a March 2015 date for Avatar. Not too dissimilar from DL's now. So I'd say DL is clearly in range for a 2019 opening. If you say DHS is 6 months behind(and I don't think they are that far. Maybe 3-4 months IMO), Holidays 2019 isn't unreasonable.

IMG_2107.jpg

Found this pic with a March 2015 date for Avatar. Not too dissimilar from DL's now. So I'd say DL is clearly in range for a 2019 opening. If you say DHS is 6 months behind(and I don't think they are that far. Maybe 3-4 months IMO), Holidays 2019 isn't unreasonable.

IMG_2107.jpg

I would say Disney is more ahead with SWL at Disneyland than what this aerial of Avatarland shows.

I think 2019 for Disneyland is a good idea, and that way; it gives them a way to detract people coming to Universal for SNW by 2020.

Reactions: Joel
I still say that staggered openings represent a huge missed opportunity to do something really special for a unified, bi-coastal Grand Opening event.

But nope! Disneyland's is going to get all the big hype from being first.

Reactions: SeventyOne