Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thankful that the single tax scared me away from booking this. I might've done it if I didn't have to pay double (absolutely none of my friends - huge Disney and growing SW fans! - had any interest in joining me).

I would've cried if I spent that much money to have a mediocre experience. Way too much of a coin flip to risk it.

I’ve said from the start that I could never do it, even if it was half as much money, because I know it would stress me out. Wondering if I was getting to see and do every important element. worrying constantly that I won’t get to see the Yoda hologram or experience some key story moment would cause me to not be able to do things like chill and enjoy the free included snacks and foods. I’d be stressed running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and who would want to pay for the right to have anxiety? My mental health may literally not have been able to handle it.

Hearing Jenny’s experience be exactly that, where she couldn’t sit to enjoy her cheese tray for 10 minutes without worrying. Where she had to go to her room thinking she was going to puke just moments before the muster to see the climatic main Reylo battle? Running around worrying she was missing things. The app not cooperating? It’s my every fear for this thing, fully realized. And I’m so glad I didn’t make an effort to do it.

But even just seeing her recount of how her experience played out stressed me out lol.

In my opinion, it doesn’t matter how good or how bad it was, the simple fact that for the majority of the people it was just too expensive. Even if it would have gotten rave reviews from everyone and everyone said it was the best thing ever…. if you can’t afford it, you can’t afford it. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, but I couldn’t afford it no matter how badly I wanted to give it a try.
I think there would be some reasonably sustainable idea that Disney could establish a market of rich people who would come back enough to make story or seasonal changes but they would have had to commit to a real premium experience as Jenny pointed out to be all inclusive, have a better check in with everyone able to come early, make the rooms larger, have more employees to help with issues and the app, etc. Heck if Disney committed to serving rich people an actual luxury experience I would bet more average people would have committed to stretching finances to experience this. Disney was so greedy on this for no real reason as they have people with money begging to give them more money.

I’ve said from the start that I could never do it, even if it was half as much money, because I know it would stress me out. Wondering if I was getting to see and do every important element. worrying constantly that I won’t get to see the Yoda hologram or experience some key story moment would cause me to not be able to do things like chill and enjoy the free included snacks and foods. I’d be stressed running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and who would want to pay for the right to have anxiety? My mental health may literally not have been able to handle it.
This is a great way to articulate it.

Let me solve an easy video jigsaw on a loaner phone* and watch Perry the Platypus jump out of a chimney when I "win".

Stress free, very satisfying, and good for a few laughs (especially if you are playing while drinking around the world). :cheers:

*which is also not stressing me out about my phone's battery life

I just wanted to say I love Alicia and the value she brings to the community. So much talent in making videos and explaining things without being condescending to anyone while still navigating the forums of people with various opinions at the same time. It takes real talent to manage that which is probably why she is doing well with all the updates and videos. These epic universe updates are my favorite things to see pop up on YouTube.

I just wanted to say I love Alicia and the value she brings to the community. So much talent in making videos and explaining things without being condescending to anyone while still navigating the forums of people with various opinions at the same time. It takes real talent to manage that which is probably why she is doing well with all the updates and videos. These epic universe updates are my favorite things to see pop up on YouTube.
Her patience and tolerance with some of the less tolerant members of the theme park community is something we can all learn from.

Her patience and tolerance with some of the less tolerant members of the theme park community is something we can all learn from.
Um, what? :lmao:

Surely everyone on this forum "knows" Alicia and what they bring to the the community.

(I still want to see the BTS of how Teebin handed her the magic!)

But when @Disneyhead says this, it seems like I missed some kind of Alicia - Tim Tracker beatdown!

Which I would totally pay to see btw. :lmao: :cheers:

Now that time as long passed and the people responsible have moved on...

The design files for all the room number plates was wrong and no one noticed till after they were due for installation and didn't fit on the actual walls of the building. 100s of hours of fabrication and paint thrown in the trash. No wonder they had to charge so much! :)

Now that time as long passed and the people responsible have moved on...

The design files for all the room number plates was wrong and no one noticed till after they were due for installation and didn't fit on the actual walls of the building. 100s of hours of fabrication and paint thrown in the trash. No wonder they had to charge so much! :)
If we’re talking about things getting thrown in the trash, now do the Slinky Dog coaster heads…

Just finished jenny’s video, I’d bring out my torch and pitchforks if I had an experience like hers. Crazy to think people would say “you’re just doing it wrong” when you just bring up the fact that the experience/app/gameplay just didnt work for you. And especially when you can see it’s not an isolated incident just from the other family she came across during their “excursion” who couldnt scan the final crate for their mission. If I would have had a first day like hers and then sit down for dinner with a pillar covering the show, I wouldve absolutey lost it. Good on her for just being so candid about her experience instead of just drinking the kool-aid.

Last edited:
What I love about all of this is that nobody on social media is complaining or putting the blame on Imagineering... the special effects inside the experience are all great. The issue has always been putting something originally intended for the mass general audience behind a paywall and expecting people to pay $5K for two days.

• Love
Reactions: amar831
putting something originally intended for the mass general audience behind a paywall and expecting people to pay $5K for two days.
The belief that practically any part of the hotel experience was going to be what the mass audience got in the land is just as erroneous as people thinking there was originally going to be a peoplemover in the land - there's just not going to be an epiphany moment about that like when people realized the "peoplemover" was just a bantha that about 50 people could ride per hour.

There was no serious creative behind the table service restaurant that got cut from the land, which means it didn't "get moved" to the hotel. Same with the tech component - the IT infrastructure to run the hotel experience was never part of the land. That and the datapad are completely separate.

What I love about all of this is that nobody on social media is complaining or putting the blame on Imagineering
You'd think that missing your financial target by high-eight to nine figures would get at least a little bit of blame.

The belief that practically any part of the hotel experience was going to be what the mass audience got in the land is just as erroneous as people thinking there was originally going to be a peoplemover in the land - there's just not going to be an epiphany moment about that like when people realized the "peoplemover" was just a bantha that about 50 people could ride per hour.

There was no serious creative behind the table service restaurant that got cut from the land, which means it didn't "get moved" to the hotel. Same with the tech component - the IT infrastructure to run the hotel experience was never part of the land. That and the datapad are completely separate.

You'd think that missing your financial target by high-eight to nine figures would get at least a little bit of blame.
You keep saying stuff like this. I agree that the LARP-style entertainment with a bunch of improv performers who all know your Smuggler's Run scores is impractical, but I feel like I can't hold it against people for thinking about SWLGE that way, when that is exactly how Disney went on stage and announced the land. It's on Disney for promising way more than they could ever actually fulfill, not the fans for holding Disney to their original promises.

And even if we want to ignore the concept art showing the larger GE Cantina with the exact same floorplan as the Starcruiser's dining hall; let's just say they never planned on making the Star Wars Land Cantina any different than the one we currently have. That is dumb and bad anyways! Why should the main restaurant of your headliner Potter-killer land have a mandatory time limit and force you to sit with other parties because they don't have the table space to do otherwise? Why doesn't it have any live music acts? which is both a thing from the Star Wars films and actual bars in the real world too. It's a relatively simple inclusion that they already provide at places like the Port Orleans Hotel. Oga's is poorly planned and poorly built, and if this was the plan from the beginning (which I doubt) the Imagineers did an absolutely terrible job. The Avatar dining location turned out a better dining experience than the Star Wars Cantina, that's a crime.

I don't think it's asking too much to hold the Play Disney Parks app activities they provide in SWLGE up to the same standard as the temporary Phineas and Ferb attraction they built in 2007 at the very least, especially when they promised much more interactivity within the land than that originally, and ESPECIALLY especially when the app became a necessary experience to finish the story on your $6000 land-locked LARP cruise.

The best case scenario that they didn't lock already announced stuff behind a $6000+ paywall is still bad, because it means that the Galaxy's Edge that we got was all they ever wanted it to be, and that is a really bad scenario imo.

Hearing Jenny’s experience be exactly that, where she couldn’t sit to enjoy her cheese tray for 10 minutes without worrying. Where she had to go to her room thinking she was going to puke just moments before the muster to see the climatic main Reylo battle? Running around worrying she was missing things. The app not cooperating? It’s my every fear for this thing, fully realized. And I’m so glad I didn’t make an effort to do it.

But even just seeing her recount of how her experience played out stressed me out lol.
The part that really grinded me was experiences VANISHING into thin air as if they never existed on your phone after bypassing another one to experience it and missing both:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: GA-MBIT
You keep saying stuff like this. I agree that the LARP-style entertainment with a bunch of improv performers who all know your Smuggler's Run scores is impractical, but I feel like I can't hold it against people for thinking about SWLGE that way, when that is exactly how Disney went on stage and announced the land. It's on Disney for promising way more than they could ever actually fulfill, not the fans for holding Disney to their original promises.

And even if we want to ignore the concept art showing the larger GE Cantina with the exact same floorplan as the Starcruiser's dining hall; let's just say they never planned on making the Star Wars Land Cantina any different than the one we currently have. That is dumb and bad anyways! Why should the main restaurant of your headliner Potter-killer land have a mandatory time limit and force you to sit with other parties because they don't have the table space to do otherwise? Why doesn't it have any live music acts? which is both a thing from the Star Wars films and actual bars in the real world too. It's a relatively simple inclusion that they already provide at places like the Port Orleans Hotel. Oga's is poorly planned and poorly built, and if this was the plan from the beginning (which I doubt) the Imagineers did an absolutely terrible job. The Avatar dining location turned out a better dining experience than the Star Wars Cantina, that's a crime.

I don't think it's asking too much to hold the Play Disney Parks app activities they provide in SWLGE up to the same standard as the temporary Phineas and Ferb attraction they built in 2007 at the very least, especially when they promised much more interactivity within the land than that originally, and ESPECIALLY especially when the app became a necessary experience to finish the story on your $6000 land-locked LARP cruise.

The best case scenario that they didn't lock already announced stuff behind a $6000+ paywall is still bad, because it means that the Galaxy's Edge that we got was all they ever wanted it to be, and that is a really bad scenario imo.
Exactly!!!

Reactions: ReelJustice
jenny's video was BRUTAL and amazing, it was an incredible watch, and its so ironic that parts of the star wars video felt identical to her video on EVERMORE park,
i watched both videos back to back, this one and then the EVERMORE video, and it was insane how both experiences had some of the same exact problems........
confusing tasks, not enough time with actors, badly timed events, missed opportunities, confusing rules. poorly planned games,
crowds too big for proper roleplaying, bad design planning....
what the heck? its so weird, so bizarre, (jenny went went evermore cancelled a bunch of actors already) but she showed vids from when the park had actors)
i just cant believe how similar some of the problems were

Let's all remember one of the best entertainment products in existence is shockingly down the street from Disneyland at ghost town alive. The park somehow has managed to do this on limited space and budget compared to a multi million dollar hotel disney shut down in part because that entertainment was just too expensive.

Disney spends so much money on things no one is asking for trying to win some sort of secret profit lottery. I sure would love those old in park scavenger hunt type games back in Disney world the starcruiser video mentioned.

Let's all remember one of the best entertainment products in existence is shockingly down the street from Disneyland at ghost town alive. The park somehow has managed to do this on limited space and budget compared to a multi million dollar hotel disney shut down in part because that entertainment was just too expensive.

Disney spends so much money on things no one is asking for trying to win some sort of secret profit lottery. I sure would love those old in park scavenger hunt type games back in Disney world the starcruiser video mentioned.
it's not even spending money on things that no one asked for, but doing a horrible job at it. because this hotel experience could have been awesome if they designed it differently. like jenny said, the star wars room in the cruise ( I think it was a cruise) the star wars cargo area in the cruise looked awesome. but this hotel looked terrible