Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think that the broken part of the whole concept is the setting. The Halcyon was never featured in any of the movies, so to the extent that anybody might want to stay in an exclusive STAR WARS hotel in order to feel like they're in the movies, the Halcyon doesn't satisfy that. Nobody watches a STAR WARS movie and says, "Gosh, I really want to go on a deep space cruise!"

A hotel themed to Echo Base on Hoth or the temples of Yavin 4 would have been deep cut theme options, but the most logical one to me is the one I'm still kind of baffled they didn't go with: a glamorous, exclusive, high-society hotel on Coruscant, in view of the Senate and Jedi Temple. And as part of the hotel, build a single (and self-contained) Coruscant street outside for real, allowing for a trip to the sports bar or Dexter's diner from ATTACK OF THE CLONES, or something along those lines.

They would make more money if it was a 1 day interactive experience without the overnight stay and trip to batuu. And maybe tell a story in the original trilogy
My thoughts exactly. At this price point, to have to LARP the whole time, I'm out. But give me an 11AM check in, 12:30 lunch briefing, afternoon of lightsabers and flight deck training, then a dinner show, and an overnight stay, and I'm in at a significant price point. And I don't believe I'm in the minority.

I really hope Disney starts offering a "day cruise" option in the future.

Reactions: SkiBum
My thoughts exactly. At this price point, to have to LARP the whole time, I'm out. But give me an 11AM check in, 12:30 lunch briefing, afternoon of lightsabers and flight deck training, then a dinner show, and an overnight stay, and I'm in at a significant price point. And I don't believe I'm in the minority.

I really hope Disney starts offering a "day cruise" option in the future.

Agreed. For the rate charged, I wouldn't be happy with the room and the whole thing just doesn't ring for me. The First Order can never win and so, if you are on the First Order's side, you have no chance. A lot of it seems like a very expensive escape room. Heck, they could expand the experience by eliminating the rooms and using that space to add onto the overall experience. However, I doubt that they will go that route. It's kind of like throwing good money after bad because even that may not actually work.

The fact that most of the games look around of lessen then Super Nintendo Land....and the prices you have to pay to get in....rather visit the new mini park in Texas over this hotel

AND I'm a hugeeeee star wars fan, I dont care about this captain or the crew...I want Mando, Boba Fett having teams and you have to compete for bounty's. I want to sit in a fake X wing and and its an attraction that you get to blow up the Death Star or take down At AT's on Hoth, I want a badass VR/AR lightsaber training room.

This Hotel feels like a cheap CEO wanted to make not what your fans want...and guess what at these prices most people wont show up for something they never asked for

Reactions: tielo and SkiBum
The fact that most of the games look around of lessen then Super Nintendo Land....and the prices you have to pay to get in....rather visit the new mini park in Texas over this hotel

AND I'm a hugeeeee star wars fan, I dont care about this captain or the crew...I want Mando, Boba Fett having teams and you have to compete for bounty's. I want to sit in a fake X wing and and its an attraction that you get to blow up the Death Star or take down At AT's on Hoth, I want a badass VR/AR lightsaber training room.

This Hotel feels like a cheap CEO wanted to make not what your fans want...and guess what at these prices most people wont show up for something they never asked for

Can you imagine if part of the stay was a chance to pilot an X-Wing into a space battle or something similar? That would have been pretty awesome and maybe worth the cost. Depending on how long your "flight in an X-Wing" lasted.

Can you imagine if part of the stay was a chance to pilot an X-Wing into a space battle or something similar? That would have been pretty awesome and maybe worth the cost. Depending on how long your "flight in an X-Wing" lasted.
No chance it needs to be apart of it for these prices

No one cares about made up new characters or aliens....we want to do things in Star Wars that you can't in the park and the people who made this hotel clearly aren't friends with fans

Nintendoland all my friends say sounds great, this....this is something I tell them about and they are good...these are life long Star Wars fans..like with big collections or toys and going to see the movies whenever they are re released in theaters like Episode 1 in 3D a few years back

Disney thinks because its top dog it can service us crap and people will love it...and Web slingers proves in parks they can but hotels are a different matter

Reactions: tielo and SkiBum
I still think that the broken part of the whole concept is the setting. The Halcyon was never featured in any of the movies, so to the extent that anybody might want to stay in an exclusive STAR WARS hotel in order to feel like they're in the movies, the Halcyon doesn't satisfy that. Nobody watches a STAR WARS movie and says, "Gosh, I really want to go on a deep space cruise!"

A hotel themed to Echo Base on Hoth or the temples of Yavin 4 would have been deep cut theme options, but the most logical one to me is the one I'm still kind of baffled they didn't go with: a glamorous, exclusive, high-society hotel on Coruscant, in view of the Senate and Jedi Temple. And as part of the hotel, build a single (and self-contained) Coruscant street outside for real, allowing for a trip to the sports bar or Dexter's diner from ATTACK OF THE CLONES, or something along those lines.
100 percent, which is why, ironically, a Hogwarts hotel would work better in theory

We know basically every nook and cranny of Hogwarts

Also, this Star Wars ship looks like it's out of the 5th Element

The price is still the biggest hurdle. It’s at a price point that I’ll never be able to do. I’m doing a week at Port Orleans with a 3 day park ticket for my family of 3 for less then the 3 day experience on this thing is.

But the second is, as has been mentioned, no one cares about the new trilogy! No one wants to play in that part of the universe. You want to play in the original trilogy and be with those characters. They made the same mistake with Galaxy’s Edge.

The dumb part is if they'd have built a highly themed, normal Disney Deluxe hotel that was themed to Star Wars right next to Batuu with it's own entrance, it would have booked to capacity at $1000 a night, or whatever they charge, through the end of eternity.

The dumb part is if they'd have built a highly themed, normal Disney Deluxe hotel that was themed to Star Wars right next to Batuu with it's own entrance, it would have booked to capacity at $1000 a night, or whatever they charge, through the end of eternity.
Disney has the amazing ability to churn out product the fans eat up while simultaneously failing to understand what the market really wants.

Figment popcorn buckets vs. a good Figment attraction.

Disney has the amazing ability to churn out product the fans eat up while simultaneously failing to understand what the market really wants.

Figment popcorn buckets vs. a good Figment attraction.

Disney excels at selling nostalgia -- even when it's other people's nostalgia (Figment, Orange Bird).

This resort eschews nostalgia. A mind-boggling choice.

Someone shared with me on TikTok that the guitar player and engineer quit.
Yeah I follow the guy that played the Engineer on TikTok. He said it was a really cool experience, but it totally relies 100% on the cast.

It sounds like they have an insane amount of responsibility put on them, remembering who people are, what they said, what they did, all of that stuff. It's on the cast members themselves not tracked or logged somewhere. Honestly I think it takes a very rare and special person to be able to do that and not get burnt out after a short amount of time. My feeling is they are basically 24/7 (ish I know that isn't correct) improv actors with a loose script they have to figure out how to mix in with the day to day.

I'd like to see what this is all about but between me not wanting to LARP at all, be trapped for multiple days on a tight schedule, and the cost; I'll probably never set foot inside here. Heck I hide on Laugh Floor every time I'm dragged on.

So they rather cancel dates instead of lowering pricing to open this up to a wider range of guests?

I know people who have experienced it (and I assume actually paid for it) say it's worth the cost but no way I can wrap my head around the fact that it ever would be "worth it" at the current price point. 7-day Star Wars Day at Sea cruises on the Fantasy were cheaper than this 2-night stay.

Reactions: Clive
Yeah I follow the guy that played the Engineer on TikTok. He said it was a really cool experience, but it totally relies 100% on the cast.

It sounds like they have an insane amount of responsibility put on them, remembering who people are, what they said, what they did, all of that stuff. It's on the cast members themselves not tracked or logged somewhere. Honestly I think it takes a very rare and special person to be able to do that and not get burnt out after a short amount of time. My feeling is they are basically 24/7 (ish I know that isn't correct) improv actors with a loose script they have to figure out how to mix in with the day to day.

I'd like to see what this is all about but between me not wanting to LARP at all, be trapped for multiple days on a tight schedule, and the cost; I'll probably never set foot inside here. Heck I hide on Laugh Floor every time I'm dragged on.

That’s…not good. It sounds like Disney lucked into some super talented inaugural staff and thought they could get away with not building the proper infrastructure to keep things running without them. This could get pretty bad.

The upfront cost of building this thing is already sunk. If Disney lowered prices this would be full simply because Disney guests are starved for new things to do. The problem is Disney feels the need to price this way over already overpriced deluxe hotels that exist inside their own bubble. There is plenty of room to make money and have a quality experience here if Disney weren't so stubborn.

The upfront cost of building this thing is already sunk. If Disney lowered prices this would be full simply because Disney guests are starved for new things to do. The problem is Disney feels the need to price this way over already overpriced deluxe hotels that exist inside their own bubble. There is plenty of room to make money and have a quality experience here if Disney weren't so stubborn.
Lol, watch Starcruiser become the de facto WDW budget hotel…the punishment for paying less than everybody else is having to wear weird robes the whole time and pretend to care about people wearing face paint.