Springfield | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What about  a food court like Jurassic Cafe' that could hold The Simpsons stuff. Get rid of Studio Souvenirs and Cantina and turn it into a food court?

Couldn't they build a new Studio Tour gift shop near the unloading area of the tour? Basically, a replacement of that kiosk currently sitting there that sells E.T. and King Kong stuff. They could place the kiosk up near the entrance of the tour, or at the top of the escalators that lead down to the tour's queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me just say this in the interim while I prepare another article: I was blown away by the Simpsons expansion in Orlando - especially their new food options. Suffice to say, they're really paying attention to theming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
Another reason why I'm such a big Universal parks fan: details are everywhere. I absolutely love how much detail Universal puts into these projects, and it really pays off. I've been to USH countless times, and I'm still catching things I've never seen before.

I'm so excited for the slew of articles to come! :D

Looking at the mostly fully open Springfield, I gotta say, even being a non-Simpson's fan, I'm impressed! The whole new area looks great! I wouldn't want it hear considering we don't have space for anything as great.

Reactions: William
I don't have a problem with the Krusty Burger and Moe's Tavern making its way here, but the line's been crossed if they're adding things like the taco truck and Lard Lad.

Might also be wise to visit Doc's in the very near future. It's not a question of if but when at this point.

Might also be wise to visit Doc's in the very near future. It's not a question of if but when at this point.
klz6.png

Joking aside, it really didn't have any place in the park outside of us BTTF fans who wanted to keep at least a piece of the ride alive. Hopefully they'll do it justice and spruce up the area.

Lol. Wonder what will be in store if the Simpsons does expand in Hollywood. I'm just expecting just restaurants and theming, no rides. I know the Evolution plan does state that SES will be going away. I want Moe's and Krusty Burger to come.

klz6.png

Joking aside, it really didn't have any place in the park outside of us BTTF fans who wanted to keep at least a piece of the ride alive. Hopefully they'll do it justice and spruce up the area.
In my opinion, considering BTTF is a Universal property, I still love seeing its presence in the park. The DeLorean downstairs is extremely popular!!! It was SOOO heartwarming seeing little kids walk into the Universal Experience and right out loud the kids would go "wooooooow!!!!!!!! Look at that!!!!!!"

Reactions: steve
This is what I think should be done (may not be completely realistic) in regards to a Springfield mini-expansion:

I think that the entire Kwik-E-Mart building needs a refurbishment (exterior more than interior). Replace the character cut-outs with a statue or two. Redo the entire Android's façade by repainting it green and changing the 2D window to a semi-3D display. Change the Moe's façade to an extended Kwik-E-Mart exterior. Change Doc Brown's to the Krusty Burger, and Cinnabon to something like Moe's or a small Duff Brewery (or maybe Lard Lad). Change the Hollywood Cantina to something like Cletus' Chicken or The Frying Dutchman, and if needed, change Louie's to Luigi's. Add small things around Springfield like new walk-around characters (Krusty and Sideshow Bob), little photo-ops here and there, and more theming elements.

I think implementing what I listed could unify that area a lot more and make for a consistent environment. :)