Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield Expansion

With the show ending, do you guys think the producers will do anything to keep the franchise alive? Like maybe a yearly Treehouse of Terror Special or viral videos that have a little more edge like they used to. Or maybe spin off series or shorts.

I wish they would bring back the tradition of having animated shorts before every feature.

With the show ending, do you guys think the producers will do anything to keep the franchise alive? Like maybe a yearly Treehouse of Terror Special or viral videos that have a little more edge like they used to. Or maybe spin off series or shorts.

I wish they would bring back the tradition of having animated shorts before every feature.
I could see a Treehouse of Horror special every year, but I feel like another movie is probably likely at some point too.

Having been to USH last year and seeing the full Simpsons themeing they have there, I've always wished they would add all those "extra" things to USF but was told not likely. With Nintendoland coming right next door supposedly, wouldn't now be a good time to add on top of the current Simpsons facades to cover what's going to be next door?
UO_Springfield.jpg springfield_hollywood_0515_01.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Having been to USH last year and seeing the full Simpsons themeing they have there, I've always wished they would add all those "extra" things to USF but was told not likely. With Nintendoland coming right next door supposedly, wouldn't now be a good time to add on top of the current Simpsons facades to cover what's going to be next door?
View attachment 5091 View attachment 5092 View attachment 5093
I hope we get a re-mastered Simpson's film and more dimension to the facades....Heck, I wish they would tear down The Simpson's Ride and build a Power Plant dark ride

As much as I enjoy the Simpsons Ride and its humor, I could see it being replaced down the line... by another Simpsons attraction. Even if the show is fading into irrelevancy, its still iconic, moves tons of merch, and has one of the most popular quick services in the park. But the current ride system is seriously showing its age, plus if it was replaced by something with sets (or even a mixture of sets and screens rather than a full simulator) it would be a plus for the park IMO.

I know it’s been said a million times, but I believe in the power of positive thinking:
It’s a shame we haven’t had a Treehouse of Terror overlay for the Halloween season. It’s that type of thing universal missed on that’s keeping it from really pulling out the stops to compete with Disney.
Okay maybe that’s hyperbolic but you get the point. Golden opportunity missed by Uni on that front.

I know it’s been said a million times, but I believe in the power of positive thinking:
It’s a shame we haven’t had a Treehouse of Terror overlay for the Halloween season. It’s that type of thing universal missed on that’s keeping it from really pulling out the stops to compete with Disney.
Okay maybe that’s hyperbolic but you get the point. Golden opportunity missed by Uni on that front.

It was in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess, I do wish they could find a way to do it, as ThoH has a lot of potential for a overlay, but that it may not make sense to do it, especially at this point of time to when they can invest for other attractions getting overlay's.

Here is this year's Treehouse of Terror Poster.

Simpsons_THOH_XXIX_Poster_R5a.jpg

And the related write up.

The Simpsons Comic-Con Poster Travels to a Geriatric ‘Jurassic Park’ | IndieWire

Yet Reverend Lovejoy still remains.

And Cletus, Groundskeeper Willie, Comic Book Guy, Rich Texan, Bumblebee man. And really, just about everyone else.

We won’t even mention who voices Dedrick, Lou and Carl. The panic that would ensue if that came out in an article.
And drunk Irish, mobster Italians, etc etc. The whole show is built on stereotypes. But this discussion actually has its own thread, (unless directly related to the theme park land, like whether or not Apu gets removed from the holding room pre-pre-show area for the ride or not).

Apu on The Simpsons Controversy | Inside Universal Forums

As much as I enjoy the Simpsons Ride and its humor, I could see it being replaced down the line... by another Simpsons attraction. Even if the show is fading into irrelevancy, its still iconic, moves tons of merch, and has one of the most popular quick services in the park. But the current ride system is seriously showing its age, plus if it was replaced by something with sets (or even a mixture of sets and screens rather than a full simulator) it would be a plus for the park IMO.

I'm not a big fan of the ride myself (I've only been on once that I remember, and I got major motion sickness from it). Switching it over to a dark ride would give some variety...but if SLoP over in Illumination Blvd is going to be a dark ride, then we're starting to turn into MK.

I'm not a big fan of the ride myself (I've only been on once that I remember, and I got major motion sickness from it). Switching it over to a dark ride would give some variety...but if SLoP over in Illumination Blvd is going to be a dark ride, then we're starting to turn into MK.

This is the one ride I get sick on. Even on Mission Space I feel better than this.

So considering the events going on in Malaysia, one has to ask..could Disney and Fox try to pull from the contract in-place with Universal (in regards to Simpsons)? Or is it set and can't be backed out until the date?

The Genting project debate has been on-going for a few years now. Disney probably isn't interested in using Simpsons inside their parks anyway, no point of removing them from Uni.