SpongeBob StorePants | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

SpongeBob StorePants

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully! And Curious George, too...

Yea, I really, really want to see where this ends up. Storepants seems to be a hit, and from what I see it looks very, very nice. The KidZone has been a black mark on the park for a long time, and a complete redo of this caliber could do wonders for the park.

Looks like that pizza place will become "The Krusty Crab" and sell Crabby Patties. I've never been a Spongebob fan, but damn they did a spectacular job. Wow.

I'd prefer an ET refurb first.

I have a feeling ET isn't long for this world.

And if he is, I'd assume they'd refurb the ride at some point. But the past few times I've been on the ride it's looked pretty good. I think fixing the theming black hole that is KidZone would be a better use of funds.

Fievel and the Pizza place are definitely on the shortest leashes. But I wouldn't be shocked if something major happened to the ET building first in order to make a bigger splash.

Fievel's infrastructure is huge and out in the open. If they want to make a big splash, retheme Fievel and Nuthouse.

And Curious George!

... Sorry. I just hate that stupid cartoon.

And as far as ET goes... I would hate to see it go for a whole slew of reasons, but if we get a major Kidzone re-theme like we want, I don't see how a non-Nickelodeon property is going to fit in the middle of a supposed Spongebob/Nickelodeon area. It's a shame that the building is where it is. If the soundstage had been in front of the store, there could be better chances, but unfortunately, it is not... Oh, if only you could just pick it up and plop it down somewhere else.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yup. I don't want to lose ET, but at this point it's expendable in order to get a completely coherent and themed land.

So...assuming we are getting a Spongebob (or majority Spongebob) land, I'd assume Fievel would become a water play area, the ET store will become more queue (I'd guess), and the KidZone Pizza will become some sort of Krusty Krab setup. You'd also figure the Nuthouse coaster would be rethemed to Spongebob. From there...who knows. Maybe a smaller Madagascar attraction in the back? They have a show on Nick. And it would be an easier transition from Bikini Bottom to a tropical beach for Madagascar.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yup. I don't want to lose ET, but at this point it's expendable in order to get a completely coherent and themed land.

So...assuming we are getting a Spongebob (or majority Spongebob) land, I'd assume Fievel would become a water play area, the ET store will become more queue (I'd guess), and the KidZone Pizza will become some sort of Krusty Krab setup. You'd also figure the Nuthouse coaster would be rethemed to Spongebob. From there...who knows. Maybe a smaller Madagascar attraction in the back? They have a show on Nick. And it would be an easier transition from Bikini Bottom to a tropical beach for Madagascar.

Isn't the Fairly OddParents still running too? I could imagine they could find a way to incorporate that property. It's had a good popular run too, if I'm not mistaken.

Isn't the Fairly OddParents still running too? I could imagine they could find a way to incorporate that property. It's had a good popular run too, if I'm not mistaken.

Yea, it's apparently still on.

In a (read: my) perfect world, we'd get a TMNT attraction out of their new show...but I'm not holding my breath on that one.:lol:

I believe Michael Bay is trying to get the turtles back on the silver screen, so you may get more than you bargained for! :lol:

Yeah, and apparently they're gonna be aliens. :blank:

A) Bay isn't the director

B) I don't think that's going to be the case. Kevin Eastman (one of the creators) is one of the people coming up with the story, and I have faith in him. In the original comics the ooze has an alien origin. I believe that will be the case with the new film.

^Gotta agree with JungleSkip about the whole alien thing. That was an incident of something taken out of context by reporter and the uproar by fanboys thinking that Bay was messing with the story. The flames were extinguished when the creators reassured people that the turtles mutated from alien ooze.

^Gotta agree with JungleSkip about the whole alien thing. That was an incident of something taken out of context by reporter and the uproar by fanboys thinking that Bay was messing with the story. The flames were extinguished when the creators reassured people that the turtles mutated from alien ooze.

Well, one of the creators reassured people. Laird (the other) is a bit bitter when it comes to the Turtles and was angry.

And it wasn't taken out of context. There's a video of Bay saying it. Bay's just an idiot and misspoke, apparently.

Taken out of context? The exact quote was, "These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."

Okay, yes what I meant was that the whole problem was derived from someone's stupidity (Bay's :wave:) and the problem was later averted.