Spider-Man 4 (Marvel Studios) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man 4 (Marvel Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As for Zendaya, my only reservation with bringing her "MJ" back is that I don't want to see Peter's sacrifice of that relationship at the end of NO WAY HOME suddenly undone. I think you risk basically ruining that movie's ending if you take that back. Under no circumstances would I want to see the character regain her memories of her prior relationship with Peter. Now, you could do a story where she builds a new relationship with Peter, but his decision to leave her alone at the end of NO WAY HOME also makes me hesitant. It's tricky to thread all those needles, which is why I'd favor leaving her character out of the next movie (perhaps to be revisited in 5). Let Peter spend a movie away from her and grow with some new supporting characters.
It's why I will reinforce my thoughts in having MJ be a Chani for the sake of SM4. Make her someone in the background, someone who is observant of who Spider-Man is in how he operates; but use it as something that can be built upon for later on.

It's honestly why I am fully down for Sable here. I think she'd actually serve as a good "Counter-balance" to show a harsher side to those Parker/Spider-Man meets on the women side. Similar to Felicia; if they use the Symbiote Suit to show Peter going into darker roads that invites the likes of Black Cat.

Reactions: belloq87
Can't wait for symbiote infected Spidey
James Horner Page GIF

• Haha
The MCU's version of Ned does not have the presence or the depth to ever become a villain. As played by the actor, he's a goofball comic relief supporting character at best. I think he's actually been too goofy through all three movies so far, frankly, and have no real desire to see him again. It won't be a deal-breaker if we do, though. If we need to give Peter a buddy, then it's Harry Osborn time.

As for Zendaya, my only reservation with bringing her "MJ" back is that I don't want to see Peter's sacrifice of that relationship at the end of NO WAY HOME suddenly undone. I think you risk basically ruining that movie's ending if you take that back. Under no circumstances would I want to see the character regain her memories of her prior relationship with Peter. Now, you could do a story where she builds a new relationship with Peter, but his decision to leave her alone at the end of NO WAY HOME also makes me hesitant. It's tricky to thread all those needles, which is why I'd favor leaving her character out of the next movie (perhaps to be revisited in 5). Let Peter spend a movie away from her and grow with some new supporting characters.
I think there’s a good chance Harry is a part of this film, but that also doesn’t mean Ned doesn’t exist. Peter is sort of like a stranger to MJ and Ned now though which leaves room for someone new like Harry to enter the picture.

I worry about Sony having too much say in this film. As much as people liked the ending of NWH, I immediately saw the whole "Nobody in the MCU remembers Peter Parker" thing as Disney/Sony hedging their bets in case another 2019 scuffle happens and they end up losing the rights.

Spider-Verse is only good because of the team behind it, and every other Sony Spider-Man project after Spider-Man 2 has been trash imo. The Multiverse is a dead concept before it ever actually got to live, and people are already tired of it. We've gotten 3 Spidey Multiverse films in the last 5 years, with a 4th on the horizon. Please no more of that. Secret Wars isn't gonna be special at all by the time it comes out because the MCU keeps trying to make the Endgame "Portals" scene happen every other day.

Make it a new story, no Symbiote, no Gwen or MJ, and if you cut ties with Pete's past in NWH, at least attempt to stick to it.

The MCU lost all of it's stakes as soon as they revived Vision in the first post-Endgame project only to never talk about him again. If they can't keep characters dead, at least try to move on from characters and stories you promised to literally forget. I like Ned and MJ, and I really liked their dynamic in Homecoming and FFH, but please stick to the story you promised in the last one.

Reactions: mccgavin
I worry about Sony having too much say in this film. As much as people liked the ending of NWH, I immediately saw the whole "Nobody in the MCU remembers Peter Parker" thing as Disney/Sony hedging their bets in case another 2019 scuffle happens and they end up losing the rights.

Spider-Verse is only good because of the team behind it, and every other Sony Spider-Man project after Spider-Man 2 has been trash imo. The Multiverse is a dead concept before it ever actually got to live, and people are already tired of it. We've gotten 3 Spidey Multiverse films in the last 5 years, with a 4th on the horizon. Please no more of that. Secret Wars isn't gonna be special at all by the time it comes out because the MCU keeps trying to make the Endgame "Portals" scene happen every other day.

Make it a new story, no Symbiote, no Gwen or MJ, and if you cut ties with Pete's past in NWH, at least attempt to stick to it.

The MCU lost all of it's stakes as soon as they revived Vision in the first post-Endgame project only to never talk about him again. If they can't keep characters dead, at least try to move on from characters and stories you promised to literally forget. I like Ned and MJ, and I really liked their dynamic in Homecoming and FFH, but please stick to the story you promised in the last one.
Sony has put out Morbius and Madame Web since NWH released and has Venom 3 and Kraven coming up. Venom has been a success for them from a monetary standpoint for sure, but aside from that they are missing way more than they are hitting. I think Sony wants to keep making massive bank on Spider-Man films and right now it seems like the MCU is easily their best bet at virtually guaranteeing themselves a billion dollar film. They know no one cares about this other side-crap, it's cheap attempts to maintain the rights and hope maybe they can get lucky and make money along the way. The thing people care about is Spiderverse and MCU Spider-Man.

Something that I could've sworn has been a big thing in the rumor mill on this was actually more on if Jon Watts would've came back or not.

Sony apparently wanted to continue the Multiversal storylines with Watts as a Director; where-as Marvel wants to get a new director on with a story told in the MCU proper (and that things have seemingly come to an understanding with both as a result of the new director).

Lin actually fills the void that I think Marvel Studios is wanting here; assuming he gets it--if it's more similar to that of the likes of a Star Trek Beyond type film.

Having a filming schedule before you have signed a director is a great reflection of the level of art we are dealing with here. Disney is doing great!
I trust that we already have some underpaid CG artist working previs on the major action setpieces. :nervous: Cause that's how movies have to be made now, I guess!

Honestly I feel like this is the best case scenario. Maybe not the Spider-Man 4 film people wanted him to make but still... If true, this news would break the internet. Also we would probably get the best live-action Spider-Man film we've had in awhile so I hope it happens

EDIT: To add, in the article they mentioned that John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed Game Night and Dungeons & Dragons) and Jon Favreau are also being considered. All decent choices, but my preference/betting is on Raimi coming back.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like this is the best case scenario. Maybe not the Spider-Man 4 film people wanted him to make but still... If true, this news would break the internet. Also we would probably get the best live-action Spider-Man film we've had in awhile so I hope it happens

EDIT: To add, in the article they mentioned that John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (writers of Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed Game Night and Dungeons & Dragons) and Jon Favreau are also being considered. All decent choices, but my preference/betting is on Raimi coming back.

Daley and Goldstein would be perfect choices. Especially with how good they delivered DND.

Daley and Goldstein would be perfect choices. Especially with how good they delivered DND.
I would be very happy if they got the gig honestly. Their writing was the best part of Spider-Man: Homecoming. But I think Raimi is the best choice and also the safest option imo

Sam is finally going to get to direct Tobey in Spider-Man 4 let's goooooooooo.

I actually love the idea of Tom Holland's spider-Man potentially going to Tobey or Andrew's universe at one point in the film. At least long enough for us to get to see say, how Tobey's Spidey is living life as an aging spider-man and to see him with Mary Jane again.