SoCal Independent Haunts 2023 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

SoCal Independent Haunts 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Grisly Garden is definitely a cause I would like to support, but so far (at least from the news report and the overhead shots on their Instagram), it looks like a lot of blank walls, even only being a week out. I am hoping they are coming to flood this in with scenic, because $33 a ticket for one maze is pretty steep. Also saw they are selling tickets to be a monster for a night for $500, which...I have thoughts about lol. Santa Clarita is a bit of a drive for me, so looks like I'll have to wait to see a minute or two of a walkthrough before I decide on that one. Also opening on a Monday is...a choice. Will definitely keep my eye on it though and looking forward to hearing some reviews from y'all.

Grisly Garden is definitely a cause I would like to support, but so far (at least from the news report and the overhead shots on their Instagram), it looks like a lot of blank walls, even only being a week out. I am hoping they are coming to flood this in with scenic, because $33 a ticket for one maze is pretty steep. Also saw they are selling tickets to be a monster for a night for $500, which...I have thoughts about lol. Santa Clarita is a bit of a drive for me, so looks like I'll have to wait to see a minute or two of a walkthrough before I decide on that one. Also opening on a Monday is...a choice. Will definitely keep my eye on it though and looking forward to hearing some reviews from y'all.
lol

Pay us so we don't have to hire a Scareactor.....lol

I hope someone pays for this and does a blog about it

Anyone check out Grisly Garden? I'm between that, Hayride and Shaq for my last haunt of the season.

So here's the rest of my schedule for the remainder of the haunt season:

Tonight: Driving out East on the 210 to check out the Dreich Society out in Ontario, Straight to Hale out in Alta Loma, and then hopefully Haunt 223 in Monrovia if I have time.

Tomorrow (Oct 27th): Going to a Halloween Party up in the SCV so I might try to sneak in a home haunt (Probably Willdwood's Ghostly Saloon in Newhall) and try to go to Grisly Garden afterward.

Saturday: Frosty's and then Coffin Creek!

Sunday: Might try to stop by Twisted Dreams and get a few mazes in at Scary Farm

Monday: Fearplex Lights Out

Halloween night: Closing night for HHN!

Going to see if I can go to the Lights Out event for RoT. If not, I'll bank on them doing the Christmas theme again.

So here's the rest of my schedule for the remainder of the haunt season:

Tonight: Driving out East on the 210 to check out the Dreich Society out in Ontario, Straight to Hale out in Alta Loma, and then hopefully Haunt 223 in Monrovia if I have time.

Tomorrow (Oct 27th): Going to a Halloween Party up in the SCV so I might try to sneak in a home haunt (Probably Willdwood's Ghostly Saloon in Newhall) and try to go to Grisly Garden afterward.

Saturday: Frosty's and then Coffin Creek!

Sunday: Might try to stop by Twisted Dreams and get a few mazes in at Scary Farm

Monday: Fearplex Lights Out

Halloween night: Closing night for HHN!

Going to see if I can go to the Lights Out event for RoT. If not, I'll bank on them doing the Christmas theme again.
Man, I wish I was young again and had the energy to do all that. Sounds like a killer way to end the season.

I did Frosty’s non-haunted corn maze last Monday. Mondays are free, btw.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Any recommendations on a good corn maze in/adjacent to the Los Angeles area?

Happy Halloween Everybody, Hope you have a spooky time where it's at home watching a scary movie, treat or treating, at HHN/other haunts or out partying. Have a good time

1698769651349.jpeg

Reactions: Stryker
There any tactics to doing Hayride? How early to get there, what to hit first, what can wait, etc?

Welp thats a wrap on haunt season this year. I’ll quickly post what my haunt excursions were like the final week.

So on Thursday, I made a big goof and realized the home haunts wouldn’t open until the day after. Rip. Decided to check out Frosty’s instead. Really loved it. They had an awesome blockbuster facade which was really cool. Unfortunately we weren’t delegated by ourselves as we normally would be but we still had a great experience!

So Friday was the day I decided to hit up the home haunts along the 210. Grabbed dinner at the Haven City Market and hit up the Dreich Society, Straight to Hale, Haunt 224 in Monrovia, and finally Glenwood Haunt in La Crescenta. They were all four really awesome. Also Dreich is doing a Scooby Doo theme next year so if you want your Scooby Doo maze…there you go lol

Went to KSF on Sunday after work but unfortunately did not get the chance to check out Rotten Apple or Twisted Dreams. Oh well.

Finally we did the Grisly Garden on Monday. That was really neat! Was pleasantly surprised how intense it was and how good some of the effects were. Though it’s too late now, if they do it next year, y’all should check it out! It’s better than all of Fright Fest!

Actually, there are at least two other options... ROT still runs this weekend, with a "Lights Out" option on Nov 4.

And The Willows is playing for the first few weekends of November. I'll be going next week.

Just finished The Willows, and they just extended their run until the first weekend of December (dark during Thanksgiving week).

If you've never done a JFI/CreepLA production so far, this would be a great way to "extend" your Halloween season. Not gory, but a lot of psychological scares and creepiness. Light appetizers, salad, soup, and alcohol are included. Expect to be separated from your group, and to play along when spoken to.