Soarin' and Toy Story Mania Expansion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' and Toy Story Mania Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love Epcot, I love that it's unique, and different from most theme parks. I love the World Showcase, and all of the great shows, culture, food, etc that it represents.
I think this area of the park still really shines. However, Future World is in a really sad state at the moment. It's directionless and emotionless to me. It's fallen SO far from what I remember as a kid or even a teen/young adult.

Can you imagine just how amazing Future World could be if Disney spent the time and money to make state of the art attractions again? Pretty much every ride in the area has problems.
At this point, I think the only redeeming part of the area is Test Track (which is still a mild thrill), and maybe the aquarium? That "NEMO?, NEMO?, NEMO?, NEMO?" ride isn't the greatest.

Future World is a shadow of it's former self, ditching classic retro dark rides, with gimmicky new rides that are already out of date has not paid off. If Magic Kingdom's retro dark rides can be appreciated for generations, why couldn't Epcots?

The sole survivior is Spaceship Earth, which too has gone through strange and unfitting changes.

If they sold a "World Showcase" only pass, I'd buy that instead.

- - - Updated - - -

you can knock Studios for lacking rides and shows too, but I think the rides that are there (ToT, RRC, GMR) are way better then anything at Epcot. It's not even close.

Agreed.

God forbid Epcot's uniqueness wasn't thrilling enough for the younger crowds.

Would also like to point out SSE still hasn't had it's finale finished since it re-opened in 2008.

you can knock Studios for lacking rides and shows too, but I think the rides that are there (ToT, RRC, GMR) are way better then anything at Epcot. It's not even close.

Absolutely; but with really only 6 attractions worth doing.... the park is needs a heavy dose of CPR - and considering you can FP+ reserve 3 rides, that leaves 3 rides to do for the rest of your day.

I agree, that with the World Showcase, there is still enough to do at Epcot to make it a full day park. The Studios is most definitely a half day park, just like Animal Kingdom now. But that should change soon. Avatar land is in the works, and the Star Wars land will help Studios immensely, if it's not gimped.

Frozen will be a huge crowd bringer to Epcot for sure, but once again, that's in the World Showcase, that really doesn't need anything except maybe a new counrty to viist.

Future World is still left in the dark.

Hey, I LOVE Soarin', I could sit on that thing all day long, it's so relaxing. Perhaps a new film is in order. Haven't been on Mission Space, don't want to, and I like thrill rides. It just doesn't sound like much fun to me. To leave an entire pavilion (Wonders of Life) empty for, what, a decade, is a shame and I can't see any reason for it. Surely there are other spots for the wine seminars? And what they have done with the Imagination pavilion is tragic. Journey into Imagination used to be a great ride, a lot of fun, and all that interactive stuff was great; haven't been thrilled by any 3D movie there. Now it is a mere shadow of itself. Innoventions or whatever the hell they call that now ALSO used to be interesting, back in the 80s, but Disney never really kept up with the times. So essentially, Future World has 2 decent attractions only-Spaceship Earth and Soarin'. And for an area that is about 100 acres, I think, that's just too damn bad. OK, I forgot Test Track, I like that one.

DHS has 3 rides, in the whole entire park? TSMM, Star Tours, ToT. THREE RIDES!!!!! Good lord, no wonder no one goes there. It almost makes it seem like a semi-abandoned mall, somewhere with a couple of crapppy stores some people go to, a name-brand department store, and nothing else, just barely hanging on waiting, hoping, for someone to come along and make it great again.

I forgot a couple of rides at DHS-RnRC, and GMR. OK, so that leaves 5 rides. Whoppee f'in doo.

I can easily spend a whole day in AK, and the last time we went, we did, and the only rides we were on were the Safari and Dinosaur. I love animals, so I spent my entire day watching them.

Last edited:
It does nothing!!!!!
Well, i've actually changed my view a bit on this if FP+ works correctly here. The extra track provides the extra capacity of whatever the throughput per hour is for the given track. So while there still will only be one stand-by line, it should move a bit faster as there will be two FP+ lines.

Because stand-by likely won't be insanely all the time anymore due to this, you'll see more people jumping into the stand-by line as the wait will likely not be over 45-60 mins imo outside of really busy periods. So in the end, 1/3 more people will get to experience the attraction, which is a great thing.

Hey, I LOVE Soarin', I could sit on that thing all day long, it's so relaxing. Perhaps a new film is in order. Haven't been on Mission Space, don't want to, and I like thrill rides. It just doesn't sound like much fun to me. To leave an entire pavilion (Wonders of Life) empty for, what, a decade, is a shame and I can't see any reason for it. Surely there are other spots for the wine seminars? And what they have done with the Imagination pavilion is tragic. Journey into Imagination used to be a great ride, a lot of fun, and all that interactive stuff was great; haven't been thrilled by any 3D movie there. Now it is a mere shadow of itself. Innoventions or whatever the hell they call that now ALSO used to be interesting, back in the 80s, but Disney never really kept up with the times. So essentially, Future World has 2 decent attractions only-Spaceship Earth and Soarin'. And for an area that is about 100 acres, I think, that's just too damn bad. OK, I forgot Test Track, I like that one.

DHS has 3 rides, in the whole entire park? TSMM, Star Tours, ToT. THREE RIDES!!!!! Good lord, no wonder no one goes there. It almost makes it seem like a semi-abandoned mall, somewhere with a couple of crapppy stores some people go to, a name-brand department store, and nothing else, just barely hanging on waiting, hoping, for someone to come along and make it great again.

Do you mean worthwhile rides? Because DHS has 5 rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.