Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nothing for us this year
I'd settle for them getting more than 50% of the coasters open.

Reactions: TCox91 and Freak
lol

Wow, like just wow. Nothing? Like not even rethemeing area's to look nicer? Its like they want to fail

One thing I do have to give SFMM some credit on is that their scareactor talent is actually pretty good, espeically of the last few years. Not USH levels, but in many cases, I'd argue better than some of Knott's scareactors. I don't think they get the credit they deserve.

So while I'm setting expectations low for the event as a whole, I suspect I'll be entertained enough. While they haven't announced the exact haunts that will be open, I'm prediciting it'll be Vault 666 and Condamed. They're right next to each other in one area, and are on the side of the park that will be open for the event. I suppose they could throw a wild card and open Truth or Dare instead, but I can't imagine that maze got good guest ratings. I hope they retool that one a lot more for next haunt... there's potential there, but having basically zero scenic design does it no favors.

It was interesting to see it went from an upcharge at SFFT to a "Free for all pass members" event. I guess it didn't get the turnout they were hoping...
I mean, the event should have always been free and glad not enough people were buying tickets to force them to reward the most loyal guests....like if you have an AP at Six Flags they should be rewarding you at every turn because your a REAL fan. I had one for years but couldn't stand rides not opening until past noon or being just randomly closed for no reason. I hope one day the park can run right but I feel like thats years off, but hope since no new rides are coming this year they can focus on normal ops and push the park closer to where it should be

Willing to ask this but with the seemingly notable success of Aquaman at SFOT, might it be possible that say..the Roaring Rapids replacement might just be this but suped up with a loop or airtime hill?

Yeah, I just saw that report myself. I had practically given up all hope for that ride.

While the management and park ops are still pretty bad (especially with food service), I do have to give some credit for getting most of their rides back up. Just wish they'd be run consistently, and open with the park (lately, a lot of rides have had unannounced delayed openings). And it's always a crapshoot if Superman will actually be open on any given day. I've also noticed that JL has been down recently.

But on the plus side, Riddler and Goliath are back after a very long hiatus! Take what you can get, I suppose.

Reactions: Clive
So while I wasn't there, according to sources who went to the ACE event at SFMM yesterday, the park claimed that they are getting quotes to repair and/or reopen the Skytower. Personally, I'm not holding my breath for anytime soon, but at least it's on their radar.

If true, between that and the proposed solar panel parking lot (if it actually happens this second time, lol), it does sound like they're trying to invest in the park. Kinda just wish they'd put it a bit more towards operations and guest relations

I’ve heard the Sky Tower rumor too. I’ve heard that they have some major overhaul planned for the next year to three to improve relations that still haven’t fully recovered post pandemic. We’ll see. But I heard a lot of optimism - and wishful thinking - for what management wanted to do with sfmm

Reactions: Clive and Freak
If true, between that and the proposed solar panel parking lot (if it actually happens this second time, lol), it does sound like they're trying to invest in the park. Kinda just wish they'd put it a bit more towards operations and guest relations
The solar panel thing is most likely a third party coming in and building and operating it. I know Great Adventure got the same proposal from a third party to cover the parking lot in solar arrays as well as in park solar panels. At GA they just ended up doing the employee lot and Hurricane Harbor's parking lot with smaller solar projects.

May I ask....why?

The Skytower is cool but that is not even on my top 5 list on things they need to do to get me to want to come back.

Like if the Skytower opens but then rides are still not opening when the park does and many are just closed for months for no reason aren't these the issues why the park doesn't have much love right now?

Reactions: Clive
May I ask....why?

The Skytower is cool but that is not even on my top 5 list on things they need to do to get me to want to come back.

Like if the Skytower opens but then rides are still not opening when the park does and many are just closed for months for no reason aren't these the issues why the park doesn't have much love right now?

I'd have to admit, I doubt there's a huge community of GP park goers who are clamoring for this to be open. Enthusiasts, sure, but the GP likely not so much.

That said, getting it open would accomplish a few things: more attractions open in the park, the goodwill (and publicity) of the enthusiast crowd, and it would be a symbolic gesture of a larger commitment to the park as a whole. It is a pretty big symbol of the park.

Reactions: Clive and chris.g