Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Expect 2 flats in Tidal Waves current location based on the rumors.
I would LOVE to see an Enterprise. They're really underrated and great flats.

I'm too lazy to quote Alex, but I would not mind for Green Lantern to leave. That coaster is not fun for the male gender. It flat out SUCKS. I could see a 4D coaster replacing it.

I'm too lazy to quote Alex, but I would not mind for Green Lantern to leave. That coaster is not fun for the male gender. It flat out SUCKS. I could see a 4D coaster replacing it.

No worries, I'm lazy too... ;)

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing them replace Green Lantern with The Joker, and keeping the ride structure mostly in-tact in a sense.

The S&S 4D Free Fly seems not only cheap to make; but that it's also probably less expensive than even the Intamin Zacspin model. I would rather go with S&S than Intamin for that kind of a ride, and that I don't think people would mind the change.

One thing I must ask, if they are going to connect the DCUniverse with Metropolis, will that mean that there will be a path in-between the flats and GL to bridge the lands?

One of my faves, too. I assume you know the park used to have an Enterprise, right? It was located where the giant lantern sculpture for Green Lantern is now. Look around, and you'll notice a round-ish area surrounding it. That's where the enterprise used to be.

I'd love it to get the same or similar ride package as SFOT, with a Zamperla Endavour (the re-make of the Enterprise), a Trioka (we don't have any on the West Coast anymore!), and Giant Discovery/Frisbee are definitely a people pleaser.

Hard to believe the park once had a bayren kurve, double armed octopus, double armed ferris wheel (Galaxy), drunken barrels, bumper boats, trabant, rotor, monorail, fun house, dual skyway, condor, looping starship, tilt a whirl, and the dragon transportation ride. So many flat rides, so long ago...

One of my faves, too. I assume you know the park used to have an Enterprise, right? It was located where the giant lantern sculpture for Green Lantern is now. Look around, and you'll notice a round-ish area surrounding it. That's where the enterprise used to be.

I'd love it to get the same or similar ride package as SFOT, with a Zamperla Endavour (the re-make of the Enterprise), a Trioka (we don't have any on the West Coast anymore!), and Giant Discovery/Frisbee are definitely a people pleaser.

Hard to believe the park once had a bayren kurve, double armed octopus, double armed ferris wheel (Galaxy), drunken barrels, bumper boats, trabant, rotor, monorail, fun house, dual skyway, condor, looping starship, tilt a whirl, and the dragon transportation ride. So many flat rides, so long ago...
Oh yeah. They could get away with bringing one back and calling it new since it was so long ago since they got rid of it.

I'm pretty sure we do have a Troika on the West Coast. Riptide Rescue at Sea World. It's a descent flat ride.

SFMM had some really cool flats. I'm sorry to see they got rid of so many of them. I'm really disappointed to see Spin Out leave as that was settled in a nice location. There was really no point for it to go.

Does anybody have any info as to what time the pass previews will take place? I'm going to be working in the mornings both days.

Last edited:
This might be a very stupid question but is MM open every day during September? I checked the dates a while back but it was only weekends but now it seems to be every day and I just want to make sure before deciding what to do on what day.

If your at the park for Late September, Six Flags will be offering it's Fright Fest event; and if you are planning on going around that time; I would check that event out while you are there.

We'll be arriving 4th September about half 1, so we hopefully have a lazy day and avoid most of the crazy Labor Day madness. Probably do two days at Disney, one at Magic Mountain and a day hanging around LA then driving to Vegas on the 9th.

So Park Journey has confirmed that there is a single rider line for the attraction.

Edit: After seeing photos of JL's facade complete, I have to be the one to say that for the love of god; Skycoaster looks like a sore thumb and that I really hope that they get rid of the up-charge attraction.

Last edited:
So Justice League was amazing, and so is Metropolis. Justice League without a doubt is the best shooter ride in So Cal and has fluid/ more aggressive movement than dare I say Transformers. EVERYONE should go ride this ASAP!

Last edited:
So Justice League was amazing, and so is Metropolis. Justice League without a doubt is the bets shooter ride in So Cal and has fluid/ more aggressive movement than dare I say Transformers. EVERYONE should go ride this ASAP!

Bets? :tongue:

Glad to hear the word of mouth with this attraction hopefully proving strong, as it could get it closer to Six Flags considering to finally give Loony Tunes a proper dark ride for Magic Mountain.

So Justice League was amazing, and so is Metropolis. Justice League without a doubt is the best shooter ride in So Cal and has fluid/ more aggressive movement than dare I say Transformers. EVERYONE should go ride this ASAP!
Nice! Two questions for you: 1) Would you consider the spinning more intense than Transformers? One of the things that bothered me about the ride is that you don't really feel that thing spin (Unless you sit in the ends of the front row, but even then, it's weaker than Spidey). 2) Would you consider this better/just as good as MIB?
Bets? :tongue:

Glad to hear the word of mouth with this attraction hopefully proving strong, as it could get it closer to Six Flags considering to finally give Loony Tunes a proper dark ride for Magic Mountain.
Yeah, I don't expect SFMM to put in a proper Looney Tunes dark ride anytime soon, but that would be great. I'm totally fine with just Justice League.

Man, I am STOKED to finally ride this tomorrow! Yee YEE!!!! :clap: So happy they're doing season pass early entry.