Six Flags Fright Fest 2022 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was still four or five years ago. That’s still really old lol

But out of those four or five years, two of them didn't even have the park open due to Covid... so it's only been at FF for three years. That's new (again, by SFFF standards)

At least SFMM/SFFF did confirm there is a new maze coming, so at least they didn't go down a maze. And two new scarezones, FWIW

Reactions: Wesker69
But out of those four or five years, two of them didn't even have the park open due to Covid... so it's only been at FF for three years. That's new (again, by SFFF standards)
I was just going to point this out lol... because Condamned debuted in 2018 along with Sewer of Souls. That's TWO new mazes in 2018

2019 didn't really get anything "new"

2021 got a new SZ & they did have a minor tweak/overlay at Willoughbys.

Just armchair speculation, I have no insider knowledge... but if they're replacing Red's Revenge, they already have a pretty decent forest and cabin set there... it wouldn't take much to turn it into a Friday the 13th rip-off like a "Camp Slasher" maze.

Which, strangely, I wouldn't entirely mind... they don't really have a "slasher" themed maze at all

Yikes. Okay so nobody updated this after the announcement(s). I would've done so sooner, but it's been one of those weeks. :chainsaw: I'm going to put more effort into this since the apocalypse canceled 2020! :ninja:
FIRST UP, THE RETURNING....

MAZES:
1.) - Willoughby's Resurrected (Year 10, "Year 29")
2.) - Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising (Year 6)
3.) - Sewer of Souls (Year 4)
4.) - Condemned: Forever Damned (Year 4)
5.) - Vault 666: Unlocked (Year "3")

SCAREZONES:
1.) - Exile Hill (Year 14)
2.) - Nightmares: A Twisted Fantasy (Year 11)
3.) - City Under Siege (Year 9)
4.) - TERRORtory Twisted (Year 7)
5.) - The Deadzone (Year 2)
6.) - Terror Rising: Dark Developments (Year 2)

SHOWS:
1.) Voodoo Nights (Year 8)
2.) UNLEASHED! (Year 8?) Opening Scaremony

NEW FOR 2022 - FRIGHT FEST 29
DevilsTriangle.jpg
1.) - NEW SCAREZONE - ENTRANCE PLAZA
"The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean haunted by the many souls lost to the Devil’s triangle, who prey on guests as they enter the park!"

TheRising.jpg
2.) - NEW SHOW - ENTRANCE PLAZA
"An ominous show set on the remains of a sunken pirate ship revealing the battle of good versus evil and the power of the demonic Devil’s Claw."

TruthorDare.jpg
3.) - NEW MAZE - RED'S REVENGE WAREHOUSE
"A haunted facility that leaves guests questioning their every move, with never-before-done scares and effects in a warped game of Truth or Dare!"

CarnivHELL.jpg
4.) - NEW SCAREZONE - BUGS BUNNY WORLD
"One of the largest scare zones in the park featuring the carnivorous band of carnies from a once-thriving circus!"

Spirits.jpg
5.) - NEW DINING OFFERING - WEST PICNIC PAVILLION
"An evening of monstertainment featuring music, spirits of both natures, and devilish treats!"

FRIGHT FEST 2022:
  • 8 SCAREZONES
  • 6 MAZES
  • 3 SHOWS
  • 1 DINING EXPERIENCE

RETIRED:
1.) - Demon's Door - SZ (2013 - 2021) 8 years
2.) - Red's Revenge - maze (2014 - 2021) 7 years
3.) - Witches Lair - SZ (2018 - 2021) 3 years
4.) - Dining With The Dead (not sure when Fright Feast debuted, but yea... it's been replaced) 4 years(?)

Last edited:
I'm actually curious about Fright Fest this year, although last time I checked, basically every night Fright Fest is happening, I'm blocked out.

Not going if I gotta pay full price for admission AND parking AND house wristbands. No way.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Okay so here are the ticket prices & details
Prices.jpg
Mazepass.jpg

Here's info on the newly rebranded "Fright Feast: Dining With The Dead" upcharge offering
Spirits2.jpg
Spirits.jpg

**SIDENOTE: I did do the "Dining With The Dead" upcharge buffet in 2019, it was underwhelming. Food wise, it seems to be more of the same "meh" crap. Despite this, at least it comes with a cocktail included.

Reactions: JS610
Okay so here are the ticket prices & details
View attachment 17189
View attachment 17191

Here's info on the newly rebranded "Fright Feast: Dining With The Dead" upcharge offering
View attachment 17192
View attachment 17193

**SIDENOTE: I did do the "Dining With The Dead" upcharge buffet in 2019, it was underwhelming. Food wise, it seems to be more of the same "meh" crap. Despite this, at least it comes with a cocktail included.
$119 to do everything PLUS $40 parking?! Do they seriously think Fright Fest is worth more than HHN and twice as much as KSF!?? LMAOOOOO

If they were smart, they would do what KSF does. Make it a hard-ticketed event but let passholders parking privileges still apply. I think you could get away with $40 and season passholder discounts with $35 for admission to Fright Fest and still draw a crowd.

At this rate, I am hoping the whole park goes under. I can't defend Six Flags anymore nor can even their fans justify their prices, behavior, or quality. I honestly think this may be the end... whether they get bought by Ceder or a randomly rich celebrity is a different story, but this might be it.

Ticket Prices are reasonable, parking not so much. But all that aside, I think they're definitely trying to put more effort into the event. Granted my review of 2017 vs 2019 was drastically different, but eh.

They've upped their SZ count (granted it doesn't mean much when it lacks the scareactor staffing).

We'll see if Truth or Dare has staying power or if it'll be a flop like 2017's "Blackout", which got replaced the following year. However, this is replacing Red's Revenge, so it has A LOT to live up to.

Honestly, I don't get why the event gets constant hate & crapped upon when Knotts literally offers the same content for years before changing things out. Come on, "The Willoughby's" is their "Ghost Town/Calico" gimmick. The fact that they've stuck with it for 29 years should be praised (especially since previous years saw it expanded).

HHN gave us consecutive years of excessive black walls with high ticket prices & dwindling SZs, but sure.. complain about Fright Fest

At this rate, I am hoping the whole park goes under. I can't defend Six Flags anymore nor can even their fans justify their prices, behavior, or quality. I honestly think this may be the end... whether they get bought by Ceder or a randomly rich celebrity is a different story, but this might be it.
I really hope Hershend will step in to buy it but not sure if they will want to given the lockdown situation that California is endured.

I’m really concer Ed it might get bought out by real estate developers but the housing market isn’t so great right now. At least not in California.

lol

I'd never not in a million years pay over 100 bucks to go to this event. Took somone last year and they said the quaulity compared to knotts is insanely worst but its was cheap when an I can an AP so why not....but without an AP. It feels like burning money. You can literally for a few bucks more go to Knotts or USH with a front of the line pass

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
How much were tickets last year? This is just wild to me, even for a whole day thing, it is ungodly expensive considering the quality. I don't know who in their right mind would pay that unless they already had a pass and just needed the haunted attractions upcharge. When HHN and KSF exist for MUCH cheaper (most nights) and MUCH better quality, I really have to question the decision-making here on that price point. They must be hoping blind locals will be bamboozled and think they have no choice after spending $40 for parking and will just pay whatever at the ticket booth at that point. Going solo in your own car is $159, and that's if you're being money conscious by eating prior. You can buy TWO Scary Farm tix for that price -- like, WHAT?! Is there a FF loyalist out there totally fine with these prices? Can you freakin' imagine?!

I have a feeling it'll be a Ghost Town. I will be SHOCKED if people go, SHOCKED I SAY!

If you don't have a season pass/membership, it is pretty expensive. But if you do have it, it's only $25. That's a bargain. I figure it's yet another effort to push people into APs/Memberships.

I mean, we still have grandfathered in Memberships, so the entire event is free for us (at least for one visit). We do typically pay a price difference to get the FOL, which maybe costs us $19 each. In our case, why wouldn't we go?

But yeah, if you don't have a pass, I probably wouldn't go either.

If you don't have a season pass/membership, it is pretty expensive. But if you do have it, it's only $25. That's a bargain. I figure it's yet another effort to push people into APs/Memberships.

I mean, we still have grandfathered in Memberships, so the entire event is free for us (at least for one visit). We do typically pay a price difference to get the FOL, which maybe costs us $19 each. In our case, why wouldn't we go?

But yeah, if you don't have a pass, I probably wouldn't go either.
We’ll that’s the thing. I’m pretty sure passes are blocked out for most, if not all, of the nights of Fright Fest. Meaning if we pass holders (non “members”) want to go, we gotta full price for EVERYTHING.

Remember how in prior years the parking lots would be full while the park would be near capacity nearly every night of FF? I think this year it’s going to be empty. I wouldn’t be shocked if they lifted the blackout dates for all pass holders out of sheer panic just to get people to go to the event.

Just to answer my own question: last year's price was 76.99.
So this year is a $43 uptick.
This is a huge gamble. FF was always crowded, I'm betting at least 30-40% of their income from the year comes from that timeframe. If they lose this crowd, they'll be out so much money. On the other hand, if they only lose like 10% of their audience from this surge (that's being optimistic), their profits will look pretty nice. It honestly sounds doubtful though with that insane inflation.

Reactions: Freak
We were talking about the prices in our breakroom, and a manager told us, that they actually want to price 30 percent out of the event to make it more enjoyable for the people who come. Shorter lines, less bad apples and more people with disposable income.

Interesting strategy to say the least. I've never heard of a company wanting less guests, not more.

Six Flags is not Disney, they must have hiring issues because its makes no sense for a company that is losing guests to then do this. Maybe they are somehow making as much pre pandemic but I doubt it. Will be interesting to see their earning call at the end of the year but think they need to invest ALOT in the parks before they want to price people out

...to make it more enjoyable for the people who come. Shorter lines, less bad apples and more people with disposable income.
They should start by making it a higher quality event. That's literally what makes it more enjoyable lmao that's what HHN did. It used to be like $40 on a weekend in 2007-2010. And even back then, the event was higher quality than anything Fright Fest has ever done. I don't complain about HHN prices ($102 on their most expensive day) because they've earned it, IMO. Heck, I paid $49 for a November day a few times (I think that was 2015-2018ish).

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
Ya I don’t like the direction they're taking this. I've always enjoyed haunts more when they're chaotic. Full of scare actors, guests screaming, and many mazes and food options. My big complaint with Fright Fest last year was most of the scare zones had very few scare actors. They just ended up feeling empty. Empty is not scary or fun imo