Security at the parks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Security at the parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Precisely this. I feel safe with the security the parks have in place. But let's be serious, if a warped-minded individual really wanted to do something terrible, they could find ways to conceal a firearm or explosive. A theme park isn't exactly sealed air tight. Obviously I never hope we see the day a tragic event happens at a theme park similar to the Boston Marathon or Colorado movie theater shooting, but heaven forbid it does, it will change security procedures forever. Getting into a theme park will be worse than going to the airport.

I agree with you on this.We all have spent a of of time entering different theme parks.Could we beat the security . Probably.I will not post the ways I have seen that security could be beaten .
Because that will give the Bad guys the information to do it.Hopefully if someone goes thru security(multiple times) then doesn't ride the rides or acts weirdly in the park they will get noticed
The guy in the Van did not make it in the park after all.I would assume Universal gave him a ban for life for this.People acting different do get noticed (Bob) He was going in to only take pictures.(not illegal)

While i know security guards are not enough to prevent something from happening for someone who really wants to make something happen i think an up in security process and a little more thorough checks can go a long way when speaking of security... again many people are saying nothing has ever happened yet why do things need to be based on what has happened? the only way to prevent things is being on top of things ahead of the game. I think some HHN type security with more areas to conduct quick scans for metal detection would be the ultimate line of defense.