Sea of Dreams Night Parade | Inside Universal Forums

Sea of Dreams Night Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SeaWorld isn't a particularly good park for a parade. The walkways are too narrow, and there is no "main walkway" for a parade route. Now doing a show on barges on the lake might work better...

Also, if they were smart and wanted to do a light parade, Gary Goddard should be their go-to, not Brian Morrow.

I hope Brian Morrow dosen't design anything...ever again...

Oops, did I type that outloud?

To be fair, Brian doesn't design anything as he is not a designer. He is more of a Mark Woodbury type, a creative director. I've also been told that PGAV had a monster amount of creative and design control over things like Antartica. If they sold the project based on the over-the-top concept art... then who does one blame?

Their new CEO had seasonal parks that did parades at Christmas times, one with very cramped walkways at SDC. They were and are hits, both parks are packed out at that time of year. He had recently landed the Rudolph ]rights to give these parks a legit, nationally known IP for that season. I would certainly think you'll see something at least on a seasonal basis.
Silver-Dollar-City-Rudolph-Parade-2014-10-615x410.jpg

It's another reason that in time I see these two companies merge in some fashion.

I found out more info about this rumored parade, the start and finish points will be located near wild artic and sharks. I also found out that it could be highly possible that themed design companies are pitching/ have pitched ideas on the art direction....

With the announcement of the new coaster IF this was even something they were considering, I don't see it happening now with resources ($) being used for more pressing projects. A night parade really won't draw guests to the park which is priority #1 right now.

With the announcement of the new coaster IF this was even something they were considering, I don't see it happening now with resources ($) being used for more pressing projects. A night parade really won't draw guests to the park which is priority #1 right now.

Yes, but it will keep the ones in the park later...therefore they will spend more

I guess I'm just not a parade person. I don't go to parks for them. I've only actually watched the one at Animal Kingdom during the Christmas season...and only because it was my first visit to a Disney Park. I'm sure families with small children would love this. I guess it would help the lines to the rides get shorter around that time....which would be a plus for me.

Yes, but it will keep the ones in the park later...therefore they will spend more

Except that SeaWorld has already cut hours to save payroll. Most nights this summer they'll only be open until 9 so they won't have to run the Shamu Rocks fireworks.

Except that SeaWorld has already cut hours to save payroll. Most nights this summer they'll only be open until 9 so they won't have to run the Shamu Rocks fireworks.

Parade at 8:45 it is then..

Not saying they will do it this way, just saying that is normally the vision behind a night parade..people stay later and spend more

But yes, a parade would require staff working later..

Except that it doesn't get dark until after 9 in the summer.

Sorry, but it's a pipe dream at this time I'm afraid.

I can see this happening after the Wild Arctic redo (which hopefully is the next thing after Mako). At this point the would have a strong number of rides (6, not including Happy Harbor or shows) and have hopefully recovered from the Blackfish disaster. Maybe they could also add a nighttime show better than Mistify or Reflections with water screens.

The path size issue shouldn't really be an issue. Most of them are large enough, besides the ones I highlighted for a parade with floats around the size of Univeral's. Those floats have some small places to crawl through as well, like where the statue is in New York. The only issue I can see is some tights turns in The Waterfront.

Capture.PNG

Oh, and the path to Bayside Stadium would need to be open to help with crowd control during the parade.

I can see this happening after the Wild Arctic redo (which hopefully is the next thing after Mako). At this point the would have a strong number of rides (6, not including Happy Harbor or shows) and have hopefully recovered from the Blackfish disaster. Maybe they could also add a nighttime show better than Mistify or Reflections with water screens.

The path size issue shouldn't really be an issue. Most of them are large enough, besides the ones I highlighted for a parade with floats around the size of Univeral's. Those floats have some small places to crawl through as well, like where the statue is in New York. The only issue I can see is some tights turns in The Waterfront.

Capture.PNG

Oh, and the path to Bayside Stadium would need to be open to help with crowd control during the parade.
Personally, I think a Wild Arctic redo can wait. The park needs to EXPAND, not REPLACE. The ride count is still too low imo.