Rumor- 2016 New Parade | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor- 2016 New Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The dinosaur from the Singapore parade would fit perfectly with some lighting added to it. This whole parade is just ten times better than ours. Even cloning it would be awesome minus the music and start and end floats. Why do we get the terrible one?

That would make a great nighttime parade, especially to compliment the Cinematic Spectacular. I could see it going like:
- Black and white monster themed float like you said, maybe could involve Beetlejuice?
- Jaws float which looks empty, but Jaws jumps out from time to time.
- Delorean driving around with Doc and Marty inside.
- E.T. float, maybe themed similarly to the ride?
- Ghostbusters float with the giant marshmellow man, some ghosts, and the Ghostbusters themselves.
- Jurassic Park themed float with a large t-rex.
- Maybe the Despicable Me float from the daytime parade reused or refitted into one for the nighttime one.
- Harry Potter float that involves a dragon.
- Maybe some non-movie stuff? (Simpsons, Nintendo, etc.)

I know ;), btw Universal Creative, please contact me.
It would be great if non of the floats actually have rides in the park so the ip's are complementary. Or paying respect to former rides.
I guess Potter is a no go for the parade (J.K. wouldn't approve it).
I love to see a BTTF float with the DeLorean taking off with a trail of real fire. Doc and Marty waving from the car and Jennifer, and another Marty and Doc in the locomotion on a track.
I would love to see a sci fi float (Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, E.T.)
A big monster float (Godzilla, Pacific Rim)
And of course, just because they can, a Marvel float.

Reactions: captainmoch
I know ;), btw Universal Creative, please contact me.
It would be great if non of the floats actually have rides in the park so the ip's are complementary. Or paying respect to former rides.
I guess Potter is a no go for the parade (J.K. wouldn't approve it).
I love to see a BTTF float with the DeLorean taking off with a trail of real fire. Doc and Marty waving from the car and Jennifer, and another Marty and Doc in the locomotion on a track.
I would love to see a sci fi float (Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, E.T.)
A big monster float (Godzilla, Pacific Rim)
And of course, just because they can, a Marvel float.
I like your idea of the IPs paying tribute to IPs that no longer have rides and theming them to genres. Back to the Future, Jaws, and Ghostbusters are all very iconic and lack attractions now so floats would be great. I would still want a few parade floats based off IPs in the park, though. Jurassic Park and Despicable Me would make too much sense. And the rest could be genre-specific, similar to how the Cinematic Spectacular's different montages are. Nintendo and Simpsons would make good floats too, if we're branching to IPs that aren't movies/are already in the park. A Simpsons one could be giant Maggie from the ride. :lol:

I really like Tielo's idea, but alas, like Tricks (cereal) are for kids, so are regular theme park parades outside the seasonal Mardi Gras types. . So I would imagine any new parade will be heavy on IP's directed to the young and their parents.

I really like Tielo's idea, but alas, like Tricks (cereal) are for kids, so are regular theme park parades outside the seasonal Mardi Gras types. . So I would imagine any new parade will be heavy on IP's directed to the young and their parents.

Even if there is a general rule about the content of a parade (I believe there isn't), why would Universal do that? It's not that the movie clips they show on the water screen are all rainbows, unicorns and cartoons. Sure a daytime parade I would count kids territory but why the exact thing with lights at night?

One thing I just realized... if USF has a nighttime show now, and is potentially getting a nighttime parade next year... does anyone else think Islands of Adventure should get a nighttime show soon too? Something similar to IllumiNations that can be viewed from all around the lagoon and with fireworks and projections that can be themed to the main islands of the park. (ala Jurassic Park theme, Harry Potter theme, Avengers theme, etc.)

One thing I just realized... if USF has a nighttime show now, and is potentially getting a nighttime parade next year... does anyone else think Islands of Adventure should get a nighttime show soon too? Something similar to IllumiNations that can be viewed from all around the lagoon and with fireworks and projections that can be themed to the main islands of the park. (ala Jurassic Park theme, Harry Potter theme, Avengers theme, etc.)
I sure wish that IOA stayed open later during the non peak seasons. I only once was able to see the park in the evening foe apx. an hour. It was really beautiful in the evening, especially Hogwarts & Hogsmeade.

I sure wish that IOA stayed open later during the non peak seasons. I only once was able to see the park in the evening foe apx. an hour. It was really beautiful in the evening, especially Hogwarts & Hogsmeade.
Exactly. Both parks are pretty great at night, it's a shame that they don't open super late that often. That's why a nighttime parade for USF + nighttime show for IoA would be great.

Exactly. Both parks are pretty great at night, it's a shame that they don't open super late that often. That's why a nighttime parade for USF + nighttime show for IoA would be great.

The parks (especially IOA/Hogsmeade) are rented out to companies almost nightly sometimes, and it makes them a fair amount of mulah. I don't know if we will see anything at all come to IOA, unfortunately.

If something did come to IOA, nighttime show wise, it would most likely be seasonal. Unless they made it the new standard show with Cinematic Spectacular becoming seasonal. I know it basically already is but more so. They would both run during the busy seasons but only one would run during the off seasons.

Really Blue Sky: They could tear down the Toon Lagoon theatre and build a new big one for a nighttime show like Fantasmic!.

Reactions: captainmoch
Really Blue Sky: They could tear down the Toon Lagoon theatre and build a new big one for a nighttime show like Fantasmic!.

If I'm not mistaken, the Toon Lagoon theatre is really close to Hollywood Way, so I don't know if that limited amount of space would allow for a bigger theatre to house a show like Fantasmic!.

If they do anything they need to update the audio system on their parade route to how Disney has it with the audio starting in segments instead of on the whole parade route. It is so annoying during the Mardi Gras and Christmas Parade. I would love to see what they could do with a night parade using state of the art technology.

I know its a little geeky of me but I have a hopes list for the Parade if its a nighttime..

- First Float is Hollywood themed; celebrating some of the stars of Hollywood past; Marilyn Monroe, Betty Boop, Lucy O'Ball and Woody Woodpecker
- Second float is reusing the day time version of the Despicable Me Float using new film on the mini-jumbotrons showing things from Minions, DM II and the original DM, introduces a new Lucy character for meet and greets also
- Third Float is celebrating Universals Monsters from past featuring a new float with Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman and if you want; maybe a HHN character? (Just wishful thinking there..)
- Fourth Float is Jurassic World based with similar styles to the Singapore float and possibly instead of the T-Rex, Raptors.
- Fifth Float is celebrating for the first time fully on parade; The Simpsons in a new float
- Sixth and final float is celebrating Nintendo with the first appearance of the characters in the parks, depicting Mario and Luigis exploits in the Mushroom Kingdom. Could be actors or just static figures.

The Reason why I just can't see Potter is due to JK. Its just weird as i'd love to explain it but it just wouldn't budge for her.

I feel that I must tell you all that you have gone way off base with what this parade is all about. I will also tell you that I don't understand why Universal/Comcast feels they must do it, of all the things they might do in other areas. I am not the least excited about it. I will offer that this has been in development for nearly two years, so they are certainly thinking through it all in detail.

I feel that I must tell you all that you have gone way off base with what this parade is all about. I will also tell you that I don't understand why Universal/Comcast feels they must do it, of all the things they might do in other areas. I am not the least excited about it. I will offer that this has been in development for nearly two years, so they are certainly thinking through it all in detail.

Interesting that they have been working on this for about two years, that is the thing that could make or break this.