Revenge of the Mummy Refurb? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Doesn't seem like there is a lot of love for the Mummy.....I love the ride and other than a tweak here or there (new Imhotep, new ending, and general upkeep)......I think the ride is fine. Why does everything at Universal need replacing??? Some rides are timeless.....and enjoyable. Enough with the flavor of the moment!

Reactions: Jon84
I think Mummy is an excellent attraction which is funny, because I thought it was horrid the very first time I rode back in 2004. I know that I go into attractions with "dreamy dreams" of what it could be and am often disappointed because my "budget-free" dream ideas aren't quite realized.

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of love for the Mummy.....I love the ride and other than a tweak here or there (new Imhotep, new ending, and general upkeep)......I think the ride is fine. Why does everything at Universal need replacing??? Some rides are timeless.....and enjoyable. Enough with the flavor of the moment!

I love Mummy. Still think it's going to go at some point in the near future.

Also, calling a ride based off of and featuring Brendan Fraiser "timeless" and not "flavor of the moment" is hilarious.

Reactions: Clive
I think Mummy is an excellent attraction which is funny, because I thought it was horrid the very first time I rode back in 2004. I know that I go into attractions with "dreamy dreams" of what it could be and am often disappointed because my "budget-free" dream ideas aren't quite realized.
About the same reaction with me. I didn't think it was horrible the first time I rode it, but it didn't meet my high expectations of the ride. But, then it grew on me. After a few trips I grew to absolutely love the ride. It's presently one of my five favorite attractions anywhere. I have a similar concept of Gringotts. I liked, but didn't love the first ride. But it too keeps growing on me and I now think it's one of the five best rides anywhere. Transformers is the opposite. During it's first year I considered it my second favorite Universal attraction, better than Spiderman. I still like it, but I now think Spiderman is better and it's just in my top ten theme park attractions instead of the top five.

I love the mummy, but the whole movie studio vibe is out of place. I'm open to universe giving the ride a proper story so it reflects its placement in New York section maybe a museum storyline. This includes a proper ending and new queue. And updating some of the effects inside especially during the launch and coaster sequence.

i used to hate this ride mainly due to replacing kong, but i enjoy it now but its kinda scary that aside from mib its the only ride you could consider in the classic vein(ie the style of ride when the park opened) of universal.

I think anything more than a general sprucing up of scenes, fixing timings, easing jerkiness is all that needs to be done. I love the corniness of the story and feel like it has become an overall cohesive ride that has only gotten better with age (minus the items I listed). If I dare say it is akin to Small World, Peter Pan, or Carousel of Progress for the slightly mad.

I think anything more than a general sprucing up of scenes, fixing timings, easing jerkiness is all that needs to be done. I love the corniness of the story and feel like it has become an overall cohesive ride that has only gotten better with age (minus the items I listed). If I dare say it is akin to Small World, Peter Pan, or Carousel of Progress for the slightly mad.
I'd agree with this if it included upgrading the screens throughout the ride.

The only rides/attractions that will remain untouched after Nintendo in USF will be Shrek, T2, MIB, Mummy and Horror Makeup Show.

I'd say MIB and Horror Makeup are definitely safe. Shrek probably has a little extra life to it now that it's being used as an HHN location. Mummy is safe for the time being but I can easily see something happening to it after that time passes.

T2 will almost definitely be the first of the bunch to go imo. It's still pretty good, but it's pretty prime location and something much more impressive could go there.

Shrek wouldn't necessarily be safe anymore if they expand HHN to two parks.

Shrek wouldn't necessarily be safe anymore if they expand HHN to two parks.
I'll believe two parks for HHN when it happens. Until then I have to think Shrek gained a bit of safety out of the second theater being used as a house location.

Speaking of Shrek, did they put the seats back in that building in case they need to use it (which is rare), or will they just leave it empty?

Shrek is not saved just because of HHN. If you guys haven't noticed in the past, HHN has to succumb to the wants of the higher staff and doesn't control where or how anything occurs outside of the event. For instance, the fact that they couldn't guarantee that Beetlejuice would be open the whole event. They couldn't force the higher staff to wait.

Shrek is not saved just because of HHN. If you guys haven't noticed in the past, HHN has to succumb to the wants of the higher staff and doesn't control where or how anything occurs outside of the event. For instance, the fact that they couldn't guarantee that Beetlejuice would be open the whole event. They couldn't force the higher staff to wait.
I wouldn't have wanted Carnage in the BJ theatre anyway though. That type of a show needed a purpose built stage.