Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like the attraction is serving its purpose. Don't outshine the big guns - but be interesting enough to provide balance for neighboring rides like Rockit and Transformers. Twister didn't get the attention it deserved because word got around that it wasn't a true ride. Fallon certainly is - and I'll be curious to see how converting a walk-thru show into an actual ride improves the overall guest experience.

Well, not just cut crazy but JK was insanely harsh.

When DA opened in softs, the first thing I noticed were the "marble" columns in Gringotts. They looked like crap.

I posted as much online and was told I was far too negative and that they looked great and I was just being argumentative. They were however redone. Much of the paint work in DA was redone in fits and starts over the first few years to get the look we have today.

Cut to years later, and I hear of how JK set foot in the lobby of Grongotts and throws a royal fit over how bad she felt they looked and how upset she was and they were redone.

JK gets to say that and despite their egos the folks at UC have to listen. On a normal attraction if anyone says something similar they're labeled as having a bad attitude and not supporting their peers and blah blah blah to protect egos.

It's not just UC though. A trick I was taught when learning scenic design was to not relent on an easy change requested by a director. Particularly one that could be done quickly and you don't actually care about. Let the director obsess over the back and forth over that minor detail and meanwhile you essentially get away with doing whatever you want until you finally change that one tiny thing and they think they won all the battles.

This is counterproductive, and ignoring the goal of the greater good, but it's the norm of modern design.
Good word...Here's hoping a new era is birthed from some negative backlash

From my understanding, this is the situation for Fallon in how the queue is handled, and I'll promise not to spoil what's exactly in the line.

As seen from the previous tests, you will be able to reserve the group on the app, or at the dedicated area under the Tribune. Once reserved, you have to wait for the particular time to confirm the reservation, and that you arrive to the ride entrance.

Once then, you enter the indoor holding area and are received a card with a designated color. There is no actual queue for the attraction, and that it's highly interactive. There'll be enough to hold people over. And for a particular time, on the second floor; the NBC peacock will light up the designated color that the group has, as they'll proceed to the preshow.

Well, not just cut crazy but JK was insanely harsh.

When DA opened in softs, the first thing I noticed were the "marble" columns in Gringotts. They looked like crap.

I posted as much online and was told I was far too negative and that they looked great and I was just being argumentative. They were however redone. Much of the paint work in DA was redone in fits and starts over the first few years to get the look we have today.

Cut to years later, and I hear of how JK set foot in the lobby of Grongotts and throws a royal fit over how bad she felt they looked and how upset she was and they were redone.

JK gets to say that and despite their egos the folks at UC have to listen. On a normal attraction if anyone says something similar they're labeled as having a bad attitude and not supporting their peers and blah blah blah to protect egos.

It's not just UC though. A trick I was taught when learning scenic design was to not relent on an easy change requested by a director. Particularly one that could be done quickly and you don't actually care about. Let the director obsess over the back and forth over that minor detail and meanwhile you essentially get away with doing whatever you want until you finally change that one tiny thing and they think they won all the battles.

This is counterproductive, and ignoring the goal of the greater good, but it's the norm of modern design.

A ride is really only as strong as it's weakest link. It boggles the mind when a company is prepared to spend millions of dollars on something and then not just go the full hog and cheap out.

Reactions: Blue
A ride is really only as strong as it's weakest link. It boggles the mind when a company is prepared to spend millions of dollars on something and then not just go the full hog and cheap out.
I don't see how you could "cheap out" on this ride that was a flawed concept to begin with, not to mention a basic sumimulator. Not much to work with.

If you're talking about Skull Island though, I can definately see your point.

I don't see how you could "cheap out" on this ride that was a flawed concept to begin with, not to mention a basic sumimulator. Not much to work with.

If you're talking about Skull Island though, I can definately see your point.

It was more a general observation.

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Sounds like the attraction is serving its purpose. Don't outshine the big guns - but be interesting enough to provide balance for neighboring rides like Rockit and Transformers. Twister didn't get the attention it deserved because word got around that it wasn't a true ride. Fallon certainly is - and I'll be curious to see how converting a walk-thru show into an actual ride improves the overall guest experience.
Disagree. In a park full of 3D and screen based rides, Fallon will seem as a bad version of all those already existing experiences. It doesn't help the park AT ALL when you seem to be riding the same thing over and over again...