Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A monorail seems likely :thumbs:

...how? A monorail between what two things? Not to mention, like I said earlier, there is no way they can expand into the TM parking lot without re-routing THE major backstage road back there, and moving the wardrobe building, TM cafeteria, and the other TM/maintenance services located back there. Plus, TMs need ALL the space they can get in that parking lot; a garage is a neccessary measure, NOT a way to consolidate the current parking situation to make room for park expansion.

...how? A monorail between what two things? Not to mention, like I said earlier, there is no way they can expand into the TM parking lot without re-routing THE major backstage road back there, and moving the wardrobe building, TM cafeteria, and the other TM/maintenance services located back there. Plus, TMs need ALL the space they can get in that parking lot; a garage is a neccessary measure, NOT a way to consolidate the current parking situation to make room for park expansion.

With the way Comcast has been the last year or so, I wouldn't be surprised by anything

If they were ready to completely reconfigure backstage it seems unlikely they would have bothered carefully planning and routing the HE to keep it intact this long.

@tylerdurden hey not trying to be rude but it seems as like every thread i go to your posts are always shooting people down...

Just want to throw out there a certain website may be dropping a rumor in regards to this project and transportation upgrades. Is it probable no, is it possible oh yes. And I may not be talking monorail...

With the way Comcast has been the last year or so, I wouldn't be surprised by anything

True, anything is possible...but what purpose would a monorail serve? The two parks are already connected, and the hotels are all short distances from the parks...it seems like quite a project just to service Cabana Bay. Now I dont know what Universal is willing to do with backstage but the TM parking lot IS a hub for activity for TMs and removing/relocating all of it for a theme park expansion disservices TMs greatly, which contradicts the whole purpose of the parking garage. So I would say thats all extremely unlikely. And I cant stress enough how many problems TMs have with parking, and how a garage's main purpose is most definitely for convenience rather than room for future expansion.

@tylerdurden hey not trying to be rude but it seems as like every thread i go to your posts are always shooting people down...

Shooting down and disagreeing are two quite different things and I most certainly do not mean to do the former. But it IS a discussion board, and I do like to point out certain things that add to the discussion. Im sorry if you took offense to it, but at the same time I cant agree with everything.

I think a lot of people are getting overexcited. Currently TMs fill up that lot and part of the guest parking garage. The new projects will bring in not only more TMs, but more guests. I'm sure they want to fill up both guest parking garages, so TMs would have nowhere to park but this new garage.

I think a lot of people are getting overexcited. Currently TMs fill up that lot and part of the guest parking garage. The new projects will bring in not only more TMs, but more guests. I'm sure they want to fill up both guest parking garages, so TMs would have nowhere to park but this new garage.

I think this point is exciting in itself. Improving the infrastructure back of house helps the experience front of house. But also the fact the parking situation needs improving is a good sign of how far Uni has come.

Exactly.

Weeeell... a three story parking garage can be engineered to support additional levels should needs arise. The dual guest parking garages are engineered to handle one more level if it is ever required. And the first floor of parking garages often contain shops and offices. They could move some of the backstage offices to such spaces if they really wanted to pull a space mountain or POC and break the barrier.

Weeeell... a three story parking garage can be engineered to support additional levels should needs arise. The dual guest parking garages are engineered to handle one more level if it is ever required. And the first floor of parking garages often contain shops and offices. They could move some of the backstage offices to such spaces if they really wanted to pull a space mountain or POC and break the barrier.

If they do free up some space, I would think it to be able to move the existing stuff off of the expansion plot between Simpsons and MiB.

Such a great point. If they create a multi-story parking structure to hold all TM parking (plus offices!) not only would they open up space in that lot, but they'd also be able to free up other spaces around UOR. They needs to start this ASAP!

If they do free up some space, I would think it to be able to move the existing stuff off of the expansion plot between Simpsons and MiB.

They could possibly move the sprung tents to what would be newly freed-up space in that back lot (or by the parade building) but either way, the tents will have to move to allow the North East lot by MiB & Simpsons to be used. Then depending how they're gonna tackle the KidZone area, they could put another house location where the old Hard Rock was (if they move what's there now to the new TM parking/office structure), or they could put a new house location to the left of the Parade building. Or both! Either way they would get some new locations after Disaster goes and takes yet another queue house space.

Any way you do it it's progress. Might just be a matter of getting all the TM's squared away on parking??? Happy or happier TM's are always a good thing.

I wonder if Finrock is doing this parking garage? I mean there already doing the garage for 146 why not this one as well? The permits list these guys, and I'm not seeing to many parking garages. Here take a look.

Project 146 Parking Contractor
http://www.finfrock.com/

Project 766 "Parking" Engineers?
http://www.harriscivilengineers.com/projects.html

My point being is I think 766 has just a little more than a TM parking garage but I guess time will tell.

You guys realize that the current TM parking lot hits capacity almost every day during peak seasons...with overflow taking up the first level of the Jaws parking lot, right? And that HP will bring in tons more employees? As will all the other rumored projects...and in addition to the huge number of new front-line TMs will be more people hired for HR, third-shift maintenance, back-of-house offices, etc which come with the growing infrastructure of the park. PLUS to my knowledge there was a TM parking lot redo about a year ago where many offices were removed to accomodate more parking spaces, so those will probably have to be replaced as well. Theres a lot that goes on back there, a new attraction is the last thing they need taking up space.