Praise Wave 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

Praise Wave 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 10, 2016
Celebrate Christian fellowship and fun at SeaWorld Orlando. Enjoy uplifting, live concerts from the hottest names in Christian music, as they light up the stage at Nautilus Theater at 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Praise Wave takes place Saturdays March 12 – 26 and is included with SeaWorld admission.

Saturday, March 12, platinum band and Christian chart topper –MercyMe will take the stage at SeaWorld Orlando to kick off Praise Wave’s first weekend.
Saturday, March 19, platinum band and Christian chart topper –BeBe Winans and the Clark Sisters will take the stage at SeaWorld Orlando Praise Wave’s second weekend.
Saturday, March 26, acclaimed singer, songwriter and musicianMichael W. Smith will perform at SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave.

For a VIP experience, a reserved seating package is available.
  • Starting at just $10, guests can reserve a premium seat inside the Nautilus Theater.

Last edited:
Reactions: upov
And this benefits marine life... How?
Seaworld's motto has always been to teach and inspire through the power of Entertainment. So lets say you have guests who would not normally come to SeaWorld they come for these concerts. Now they are in the park and if they talk to educators or see some animal ambasdars maybe they will be inspired by soemthing they see. Touch the Heart to Teach the Mind!

Girl. Give it a rest.

View whatever they do as a fundraiser. What do cookies have to do with being a girlscout? Popcorn with being a boy scout? Why do kids sell wrapping paper as a fundraiser for schools (education)?

You've seriously never read what's on a box of Girl Scout cookies have you?

Let's take a step back from being overly nitpicky, shall we?

i'll agree to only post as disparagingly about SeaWorld as is directly proportional to any blind fanboy nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also make no guarantees in regards to being better at arguing, prettier, and morally and ethically "right."

Those are just the given state of the world and cannot be helped.

You know I would agree with blind fanboy, if it were true in my case. I have actually researched this a good bit along with did a ton of work for an organization that rescues dogs/cats and educates people on poor breeding practices of dogs/cats along with having a mission statement that says they want to no longer have to exist because the over population no longer exists and every animal has a home. They work closely with Sea World. They can look past the bad media to the very good work they do with rescuing animals. They can look past what past owners did to create Sea World and see the current Sea World for what it is. Sea World is not perfect, but it is not the devil. The work they do now actually saves a good bit of Animals lives. Their pets ahoy show is all rescues from local organizations. Their turtles, manatees, and many other animals are rescues. If the parks did not exist most if not all their rescue efforts would not exist either. The education would not exist either, which is key for a lot of things like saving turtles. I know as a kid I had no clue what I could do to help animals, but my daughter sure does. She knows not to litter, to not have lights on at the beach at night, etc. She knows why these are bad and what happens when people do these things. She is way more educated about these things than I was at 5. I think that is something very positive in this me centrist world we live in today. Knowing my daughter actually cares about what happens to animals and cares about what she can do to help save animals.

Which by the way that organization I talked about did Food and Wine events, auctions, etc. Many events that had nothing to do with dogs or cats, but they did raise money to help their cause. Events mean nothing and companies and fundraising organizations use many different tactics to get money that have nothing to do with their core business.

I think on this subject you are not going to change our minds and we are not going to change yours. So why not just drop this and actually stick to the topic at hand which is some religious bands will be playing at Sea World. Maybe someone wants to talk about how they do or do not like the bands playing instead of the morality of Sea World having religious bands play when they are an animal place.

BTW, a perfect example of how Sea World cares more about animals than their shows. They actually suspended shows for a period of time in their other parks because they needed the manpower for a rescue of Sea Lions who got stranded out of the water. They had so many Sea Lions they had to bring back to health that they pulled staff from all the parks, suspended some shows because they didn't have enough staff to do those shows, and flew all these people in to help with the rescue effort. As I stated, they are not perfect, but the devil sure as heck wouldn't do something like that.

*calculates proportional response*

Discussing ways to contact these bands and let them know that their image will be tarnished for participating at an event at SeaWorld in an attempt to shame into pulling out is on topic, no?

I could be very proud of my fictional child for such civic activism.

*calculates proportional response*

Discussing ways to contact these bands and let them know that their image will be tarnished for participating at an event at SeaWorld in an attempt to shame into pulling out is on topic, no?

I could be very proud of my fictional child for such civic activism.

Never mind. What I started to say had no purpose and I was giving into a condescending way of posting rather than an argument. I apologize.

Last edited:
not_again_616.jpg

0.05% of those clicks will

0.05% has been enough for them to rescue and rehabilitate over 25,000 animals during SeaWorld's history. You don't seem to give SeaWorld anywhere near enough credit for the good that they do. You seem to be confusing the SeaWorld of today with the SeaWorld of 20+ years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: upov and GAcoaster
I don't go to Seaworld any longer. I've long felt uncomfortable with their treatment of the Orcas, even prior to Blackfish, and even though some of their marine rescue work is commendable, it doesn't give them carte blanche to do as they will with the animals they have in captivity. It's a corporate bargaining chip, and they will need to adapt as an organisation.

Nonethless, encyclopedia is not going to win any arguments on this forum, and the derailing of threads about otherwise inconspicuous Christian music events seems a bit unnecessary.