Possible Back To The Future show? | Inside Universal Forums

Possible Back To The Future show?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 19, 2009
hi guys, just back from a night out in Edinburgh, UK.

Had the absolute pleasure of seeing Bttf in concert last night (soundtrack played live in time to the movie by the Scottish national orchestra)
By the end, everyone was standing applauding, it reminded me of a showing of rocky horror.

There was a real mixed bag of people, geeks, theatre goers, but I couldn't help but think, couldn't they repurpose fear factor with a big screen and and orchestra pit and play soundtracks from the movies? It sounded lame but after last night everyone left feeling high and emotional. I don't know how hard it was to remove the soundtrack from the original film and keep the vocal track, although I imagine universal could do this easily!

Any thoughts?

Had the absolute pleasure of seeing Bttf in concert last night (soundtrack played live in time to the movie by the Scottish national orchestra)
By the end, everyone was standing applauding, it reminded me of a showing of rocky horror.

There was a real mixed bag of people, geeks, theatre goers, but I couldn't help but think, couldn't they repurpose fear factor with a big screen and and orchestra pit and play soundtracks from the movies? It sounded lame but after last night everyone left feeling high and emotional. I don't know how hard it was to remove the soundtrack from the original film and keep the vocal track, although I imagine universal could do this easily!

Any thoughts?
Eh from what I've heard around the rumormill is that Fear Factor might become the Ministry of Magic... nice idea though.

You'd have to be able to have a great, quality, sizable, and reliable orchestra dedicated only to doing these shows at Universal, and enough people to bring in and out so that they aren't working 7 days a week. It doesn't sound super plausible or realistic, but it would definitely be something I'd dig as a music major/nerd if it ever could happen.

Any thoughts?

I remember when they brought in John Williams for the Harry Potter opening ceremony...

I would love the idea of an annual concert where Mr. Williams and The Florida Orchestra would play different movie soundtracks..

You could potentially get William Kidd, composer of the IOA Soundtrack, to come conduct and play that live as well..

Could be a good ad-on to a Food and Wine type festival..

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz