Position Available: Forum Moderator | Inside Universal Forums

Position Available: Forum Moderator

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
We are looking to add 2 new moderators for the Forums.

Some basic criteria:

1. Has never been banned
2. Has at least 6 mos experience of consistent posting on our forums
3. Has some free time

Forum software knowledge is not needed or necessary (it's easy to learn).

Other tidbits:
  • Visit and participate on the site daily (breaks are ok, obviously)
  • Must have access to the desktop version of the site but it is not required 100% of the time (Mobile site helps)
  • Know when to draw a line between forum commentary and when moderation is needed.
  • Accurately and succinctly explain infractions and issues to users, other mods, and myself.
  • Self-control and the ability to note when a discussion has gone off the rails and requires deleting posts, moving posts, and safely redirecting the conversation.

If interested, please post below or private message me.

Thanks
Brian

FWIW - if you feel there is a member that fits the bill, you are more than welcome to nominate them. Obviously, it's up to them whether or not they accept.

With the writers strike, I have the time now but I’m not sure I meet the other criteria. I usually spent most of my time reading the forums, as opposed to posting. Keeping the airwaves clear, I suppose haha

obviously I don't meet the criteria at present, but I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring down the road.
I'll let 5ish months slide. Haha. DM if you're still interested.
With the writers strike, I have the time now but I’m not sure I meet the other criteria. I usually spent most of my time reading the forums, as opposed to posting. Keeping the airwaves clear, I suppose haha
Hey, it's your call. :lol:

Being a frequent poster is not a requirement really. Browsing in spare time and making sure everything is in order or taking steps to correct things that aren’t is most of it. I sometimes go awhile without posting, but I’m still checking up on things through browsing when I have the time (unless I’m on vacation in which I just let the other mods know I’ll be away from the boards for a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.