Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pirates of the Caribbean Refurb

Not when you have a vascular disease. Glad I'm in good shape already. A day in the parks takes its toll. :blank:

Yeah my mom doesn't go to Universal because a lot of the rides have stairs and she has bad knees. She can barely handle walking around in the parks all day, but add stairs in and she is screwed. Sea World was a little rough, but at least she can sit down for 30 minutes after climbing up the stairs.

Yeah my mom doesn't go to Universal because a lot of the rides have stairs and she has bad knees. She can barely handle walking around in the parks all day, but add stairs in and she is screwed. Sea World was a little rough, but at least she can sit down for 30 minutes after climbing up the stairs.

But don't all of the stair attractions have elevators? Mummy, FJ, Gringotts all have elevators. Even Rocket and Hulk must have elevators.

But don't all of the stair attractions have elevators? Mummy, FJ, Gringotts all have elevators. Even Rocket and Hulk must have elevators.

Yeah, I looked into that when I got home and how to utilize it when needed. I was shocked with the amount of elevators UNI has. Really, I can tough it out for the most part, and there are procedures I'll have to do, but its not going to get better as I get older. That smelly elevator at EPCOT's monorail comes in handy though.

This is another reason I love UNIs parking way more than Disneys.

They do, but typically are harder to use for things like bad knees. Mainly because most of them skip the line. I know from my son as we always used the elevator, you end up skipping most of the line using the elevator. For us we had a GAP pass so it really didn't matter. I am not sure what they would do with a non-GAP pass person. Does anyone know that used a wheelchair, but didn't have a GAP pass? I think if you have a handicapped pass it is the same thing, you skip the line, but you have a return time. So I am not sure what they do with general wheelchair people that don't have a handicapped pass or a GAP pass. Like if you break your leg, you don't get a special pass, but you have a wheelchair.

considering pirates is always at-least a 45 min wait id rather ride something else i mean its a good ride but so is spaceship earth and at a 45min wait id skip that too

Not since the refurb. The lines have been consistently long.

I was there yesterday. It was 10 minutes on the app after 6 PM with a 7 PM close. It was 40 minutes a couple times, but it mostly was around 20 or 30 minutes. We did FP for it, so we got right on. I was expecting longer lines so I FP'd it. I also did FP for splash and thunder. Even managed to get on Mine train with only a 20 minute wait by doing it right before the 7 PM close. I love the last 2 hours at MK, almost all the rides reduce in wait. Peter Pan is the only thing we didn't get to do that I would have liked to do.

I was there yesterday. It was 10 minutes on the app after 6 PM with a 7 PM close. It was 40 minutes a couple times, but it mostly was around 20 or 30 minutes. We did FP for it, so we got right on. I was expecting longer lines so I FP'd it. I also did FP for splash and thunder. Even managed to get on Mine train with only a 20 minute wait by doing it right before the 7 PM close. I love the last 2 hours at MK, almost all the rides reduce in wait. Peter Pan is the only thing we didn't get to do that I would have liked to do.
Didn't it rain yesterday? On TouringPlans all the crowds were down from their high levels previously this month. (See my other post)

Didn't it rain yesterday? On TouringPlans all the crowds were down from their high levels previously this month. (See my other post)

Yes, rain was present, but not really bad. I barely got wet. MK lines are all inside, so just going from ride to ride wasn't bad. It was never a hard rain. But yes, crowds got less as the day went on. I did get pirates fast pass expecting lines, so fast pass is an option too to ride it.

Yes, rain was present, but not really bad. I barely got wet. MK lines are all inside, so just going from ride to ride wasn't bad. It was never a hard rain. But yes, crowds got less as the day went on. I did get pirates fast pass expecting lines, so fast pass is an option too to ride it.
How did you like the refurb? I thought it was excellent. The sound and AA's were like a new attraction. We rode it six times, I think three of them FP+, but the FP lines were long and were about the same as the stand by in past years. During all of those level 9 & 10 days they had pretty big crowds plus lots of issues with breakdowns, which probably helped to keep the lines long. Perhaps they're starting to address those breakdown issues (boats?).

How did you like the refurb? I thought it was excellent. The sound and AA's were like a new attraction. We rode it six times, I think three of them FP+, but the FP lines were long and were about the same as the stand by in past years. During all of those level 9 & 10 days they had pretty big crowds plus lots of issues with breakdowns, which probably helped to keep the lines long. Perhaps they're starting to address those breakdown issues (boats?).

The boat was not too wet and I didn't know of any breakdowns while I was there. No spikes in wait times or the ride showing it was down on the app. I was looking at the app a lot throughout the day to figure out what to go on. However, the boat weight was off and one side was way lower than the other side. But those people on that side didn't seem to get wet or anything. I do have to say the backup for unload was bigger than before. But so was Small world, so maybe they just keep adding too many boats to these rides.

I really liked it. I thought it was a great refurb and everything was working really well. Hopefully it keeps over the years because Thunder Mountain refurb didn't seem to last.

Boats seem to be stable now and no ankle deep water last night either!!

New Pirates Setting Sail at Disneyland Paris’ Pirates of the Caribbean on July 24 - D23

The auction scene in PotC at both Disneyland and WDW will be changed in 2018.

780w-463h_062917_POTC-Updates-1.jpg

I have my own thoughts on this (I'm not particularly adverse to it), but it has recieved a polarizing response from the community. Before we continue, after the trainwreck that was the Hall of Presidents thread, we do ask you guys to remain civil, to please keep politics out of the discussion and to keep heads cool.

That said, discuss!

I'll repost my thoughts from Twitter..

Why I am not Opposed to the redhead change, is simple.

The addition of movie characters in the mid 2000's.

I have thought, ever since Jaws; that nothing will ever be sacred. Things will always have to change, whether people like it or not for many reasons.

I have felt that way for many forms of entertainment, and that I am wanting to be more open minded.

Many will disagree, and I will see why. But, it's fair for one to have an open opinion.

(Original tweets from my personal handle, AlexanderMBush)

So they want to make Pirates of the Caribbean more PC.. but we're adding an AA of Donald Trump. Oh okay.

Have they found offense to the women chasing the men now too? Are they going to do away with that altogether? So stupid.