Parking questions | Inside Universal Forums

Parking questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 21, 2014
The VIP parking vs regular parking - how much of a difference is this?

If I need to leave in the afternoon and come back, will I have to pay for parking twice or can I get in with my first purchase on the same day?

Depending on how early you get there, there's basically no difference. Try to park in Jurassic Parking (regular) and my best tip is to park in an upper-level as close to the elevators as possible because all the levels spit out at the same access point in CityWalk.

For re-entry, just keep your receipt that they give you at the gate and when you come back to "pay" for parking again, just show them and they'll give you re-entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valet Parking, Front Gate Parking, Preferred Parking and General Parking are your options. Valet Parking will cost the most and there are two locations, one at Frankenstein Parking which is accessed from Lankershim Blvd and Jurassic Parking which is accessed from Universal Studios Blvd.  

Front Gate and Preferred Parking are outdoor lots with minimal walking to the main gate. Front Gate Parking and Preferred Parking are not much different.

General Parking can range from difficulty depending on which entrance of the park you use.  I prefer Jurassic Parking for general parking, which is 99% guaranteed when you enter the Lankershim Blvd entrance.  If you enter from Universal Studios Blvd, you may get stuck with Curious George Parking which is the longest walk to the main gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!  So since I'll be coming up the 101 from Long Beach, I'll take the farther exit and try going in that way to hopefully hit Jurassic Parking.

Thanks!  So since I'll be coming up the 101 from Long Beach, I'll take the farther exit and try going in that way to hopefully hit Jurassic Parking.
That is what I do.  If you are an expert of USH, then there are other options on how to get there, but you will be fine with exiting the 101 at Lankershim.