Parking is too darn expensive, I need a solution. Help please. | Inside Universal Forums

Parking is too darn expensive, I need a solution. Help please.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 17, 2014
My pass just expired and am planning to buy a new one, it sucks not having a pass option with parking, that's $18 every time, that adds up. I know there's a street off lankershim right across from universal, its a residential street, I believe it's 2hrs parking regularly on weekdays, on weekends I think you can park there all day without any kind of permit but am not sure, does anyone know more?

My pass just expired and am planning to buy a new one, it sucks not having a pass option with parking, that's $18 every time, that adds up. I know there's a street off lankershim right across from universal, its a residential street, I believe it's 2hrs parking regularly on weekdays, on weekends I think you can park there all day without any kind of permit but am not sure, does anyone know more?
There are several parking lots/structures near train stations. Depending on time, you could park in one of those and then hop on the train (Red Line) to Universal City Station and then just take the tram up. During busy hours, it takes about 45 mins to get from Union Station to the entrance of the park. Times will vary of course on time of day, of course. 

Taking the train takes a bit longer, but $4.50 (cost of two 1 way tickets plus a one-time $1 cost of the TAP card) is A LOT cheaper than $18 for parking. 

I've been taking the train to Universal over 15 years because parking was always hectic. When they got their parking situation sorted out, they ramped up the price of parking so I tell all my friends to avoid parking there, when possible. If you can avoid the whacky people on the train, then it will be a relatively good experience. 

Hope this helps! 

-CW

Reactions: MattvonOz