Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
:agree: We've had a parade of Sentinel/OBJ reporters (at least one of whom is at least capable in other areas) who think their job is to regurgitate press releases, then show up and collect free stuff from the companies they cover. Not just Disney anymore. I expect that from bloggers, but a real shame coming from alleged "journalists." One of the main signs Orlando is the last "company town" in the U.S.

/Rant :topic:

Forced dichotomy it may be, having attended opening day of Volcano Bay yesterday, no doubt Disney did this the right way with their CM/AP/blogger previews. Allowed plenty of people on social media to see this land in its best possible light.

And mind you, Disney made a LOT of people angry by not letting them in for previews but they knew they couldn't have a good show with what was working.

By the way, a variation of the Pandora Field Guide they hand out in the land (the one I scanned and posted a few days ago) is included inside the new Passholder Monitor newsletter they send out. It can be taken out and folds up like the real one.

IMG_5705b.JPG

(Cat not included.)

Last edited:
Could the dragon icon be on its way out? Is this only the first step? Are there banshee logos in our future?

The welcome sign near bus drop off has been removed.

How will they handle entry into the land tomorrow with people that have FP+ versus those wanting to just stroll through?
I'm guessing they will check your Magicband and let you in if you have a valid FP+ ressie?

How will they handle entry into the land tomorrow with people that have FP+ versus those wanting to just stroll through?
I'm guessing they will check your Magicband and let you in if you have a valid FP+ ressie?
I would hope that having an imminent FP reservation would allow you to enter the land immediately, otherwise you have to wait in line.

It's possible the land holds more people than anyone thinks (especially if four hours worth of people are all in line for FoP.) So there may not be much waiting outside the land to get in. Perhaps.

I think part of it is figuring out their people-routing and such.

Like with FJ, much of the backlog that leads to the outside queue (even down the way to Jurassic) wasnt a lack of physical line but inability to get people past the lockers quickly. Putting the right TMs in the dungeons and lockers solved this problem, along with opening hidden queue areas (the switchbacks in JP -after- the gardens but before the green house).

By the way, a variation of the Pandora Field Guide they hand out in the land (the one I scanned and posted a few days ago) is included inside the new Passholder Monitor newsletter they send out. It can be taken out and folds up like the real one.

View attachment 4517

(Cat not included.)
Cat don't care about your stinking field guide. When is feeding time??????

FP availability for AK tomorrow...? Anyone..? Anyone..? Bueller..?
No rides available until 7pm/8pm/9pm for Dinosaur, Kali, and Everest. Both Avatar rides and Kilamjaro are completely gone for the day.

Primeval Whirl and shows available all day, except Lion King, only last two shows left.

Last edited:
I would hope that having an imminent FP reservation would allow you to enter the land immediately, otherwise you have to wait in line.

It's possible the land holds more people than anyone thinks (especially if four hours worth of people are all in line for FoP.) So there may not be much waiting outside the land to get in. Perhaps.
Just guessing, since I'm not an Insider. FOP 4 hrs. at 1400 max per hour= 5,600..... Navii River Journey= apx. 2,000.....Land area, restaurant & store= apx. 2,000....Maximum Capacity: 9,600.....Any other guesses?

I haven't seen this cart yet. Looks like it's between Facepainting and River Journey on left side of area. Looks themed like ACE style so I approve. I know I've heard they added a drink cart, but didn't realize it had a themed ice cream bar.

Also, after soft opening ended for the day, this happened:

Much better than just more media previews!

Last edited:
So I'm here this morning and I got here a little late (7:55).

Oops.

This is Harry Potter level crowds. We're holding just to get into the land right now and they have the line weaving around every possible crevice. Idk if it's Hogsmeade level, but it's definitely on par with Diagon if not more from what I can tell.

Nearly six years after announcement Pandora had opened. I am now locking this thread.
Sorry :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.