Oppenheimer | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Oppenheimer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was blessed with an opportunity as part of award season releases, and got to not only see Oppenheimer again; but to do something I am now really glad to be able to do more consistently going forward: seeing Oppenheimer, on IMAX. While it was digital IMAX, this second viewing might just cement it as my favorite film from 2023.

The films sound design shined exceptionally, alongside the cinematography and visual representation of Oppenheimers mind alongside that of TRINITY. I also loved how much more identifiable OPPENHEIMER is once you are able to see it again properly. It’s a split perspective film made to focus on Oppenheimer as he was impeached, and of Strauss and his involvement in taking down Oppenheimer when he did (alongside how he got played by Oppenheimer due to his actions).

RDJ and Cillian are gonna get their Oscars. In respect to Paul—this was their year.

I was blessed with an opportunity as part of award season releases, and got to not only see Oppenheimer again; but to do something I am now really glad to be able to do more consistently going forward: seeing Oppenheimer, on IMAX. While it was digital IMAX, this second viewing might just cement it as my favorite film from 2023.

The films sound design shined exceptionally, alongside the cinematography and visual representation of Oppenheimers mind alongside that of TRINITY. I also loved how much more identifiable OPPENHEIMER is once you are able to see it again properly. It’s a split perspective film made to focus on Oppenheimer as he was impeached, and of Strauss and his involvement in taking down Oppenheimer when he did (alongside how he got played by Oppenheimer due to his actions).

RDJ and Cillian are gonna get their Oscars. In respect to Paul—this was their year.
Here’s my issue with The Academy and how we hand out awards: I honestly don’t feel like RDJ was any better in this role In Oppenheimer than he was as Iron Man in say, Civil War. It’s just the fact that this was a film right up The Academy’s alley and they respect Nolan.

Here’s my issue with The Academy and how we hand out awards: I honestly don’t feel like RDJ was any better in this role In Oppenheimer than he was as Iron Man in say, Civil War. It’s just the fact that this was a film right up The Academy’s alley and they respect Nolan.

Perhaps it's me, but there is a vast difference in the type of performance that RDJ gives from that of Tony Stark, and that of Lewis Strauss.

Both are fantastic mind you, but what makes me say "yeah, he deserves it"; is how much RDJ gives in the sense that you get from Lewis as someone who has overthought and as someone of paranoia enveloping them over time. Whereas I see from Stark a sense of fragility amidsts that of a cool headedness that is due to physical trauma.

Reactions: alomar and Nick