One day at Universal... | Inside Universal Forums

One day at Universal...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 5, 2013
Stamford, CT
Hey guys, I am looking for some advice. I am going to Orlando next month for a Disney/Universal trip. I only I have one day to spend at Universal and, as you can tell from my username, am a huge Simpsons fan. So I definitely want to do universal studios. ..my question is, is it better to buy the fastpass for just universal or to get a hopper pass to go to both parks? I ask this because I'll be with my wife, my 3 year old and my 5 month old kids.

I am not willing to spend $200/person for express pass and hopper tickets, so it's basically one or the other.

Is there enough to do for a 3 year old at universal? He would probably love Seuss landing, but it's at ioa. Is express pass needed in mid - November? Is Gringotts taking express pass now?

You have to have park hoppers to do Hogwarts Express .So I would get those .
Unless you are going over Thanksgiving I would skip Express.

Gringotts is not doing Express yet

Approach greeters at Gringotts with kids in stroller ask where Child swap is
They may/can send you up express que .
Depends on Team Member but they can if you ask nicely .

Last edited:
I agree, park hopper. As long as you are not going Thanksgiving week, lines should be short and you will easily be able to do both parks in one day if you go opening to closing. This will allow you to ride the HE as the pp mentioned. This will also give your kids more to do. How tall is your 3 year old? My 3 year old likes the two kid coasters (1 in IOA and 1 in Studios), Any spinner (there is 1 in IOA & 1 in Studios), Cat in the Hat (IOA), carousel (IOA), JP Flyers (IOA), Shrek (Studios), DM (Studios and if your child is not 40" yet they can do the non-motion part which she still enjoys), Any playland (one in IOA & another in Studios), ET (Studios), and Stormforce or something like that in IOA (faster tea cups). Now I have a thrill seeking little girl, so your 3 year old may not like as much. If they are 40" then that opens up more rides for them. My daughter is now 40" but we have not had a chance to get out to the parks since that point.

She will go on, but doesn't like as much Disaster, Twister, and the makeup horror show. We have not tried T2 on her as she may be too scared of that. We may venture into it soon though as she really wants to go on Spiderman and Transformers now that she is 40" but mommy and daddy are not sure she is ready for that type of ride yet. So if we do allow her on those and she is fine, then we may do T2 also.

Universal is awesome with Child swap, so take advantage of that in every ride with a height restriction. On dead days we are even able to ride fire and ice side each, by just switching off via child swap. They don't care as much on dead days. We also tend to ride MIB a couple times each and again, they don't care how many times you switch off from child swap on deader days.

Last edited: