October Timeline Question | Inside Universal Forums

October Timeline Question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 20, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I will be staying on property at universal as part of a work conference from Sunday 10/22 through Wednesday 10/25. I have not been to universal in like 20 years and would love to check out some of the stuff and especially the HP area. However, I really will not be able to do it during the conference days.

My question is: Am I better going down early (say Friday- Saturday of the weekend before? Or wait until it ends and try to get through it towards the end of the conference week the following Thursday-Friday? I will be traveling solo so I am hoping I can really rip through on my own without anyone holding me back, haha.

(Ideally I would also like to possibly stop over at Disney for a day or two as well but universal is the clear priority.)

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I will be staying on property at universal as part of a work conference from Sunday 10/22 through Wednesday 10/25. I have not been to universal in like 20 years and would love to check out some of the stuff and especially the HP area. However, I really will not be able to do it during the conference days.

My question is: Am I better going down early (say Friday- Saturday of the weekend before? Or wait until it ends and try to get through it towards the end of the conference week the following Thursday-Friday? I will be traveling solo so I am hoping I can really rip through on my own without anyone holding me back, haha.

(Ideally I would also like to possibly stop over at Disney for a day or two as well but universal is the clear priority.)

Thank you.
I'd probably vote for going the days after, as the weekends in October get slammed with Halloween Horror Nights crowds. Thursday/Friday will still have the event going on, but locals with work won't be at the resort until the evening time. Do you know which hotel you're staying at? If it's one of the resorts that come with free express passes, then the dates you go to the park won't matter as much, as your wait times would be significantly reduced.

Hey- appreciate the insight. I’m staying at the royal pacific…
With a stay at Royal Pacific comes a free royal pacific (including the day you move in to your hotel and the day you leave).
But indeed, keep away as much as you can from the Halloween crowd you should give the weekends a pass.
Don't miss all the other amazing rides at Universal. Yes Potter is great but the rest is also amazing.