Oct Trip Booked | Inside Universal Forums

Oct Trip Booked

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 23, 2014
Cumbria, UK
Just this morning got off phone to my sister (travel agent) booking my 12th trip and girlfriends 4th trip to Florida.

Mainly booked for Diagon Alley and HHN24.

Not been to HHN since 2005 (HHN15 - Tales of Terror) so really looking forward to that and will also be my girlfriends first horror nights encounter.

Slightly excited now, I blame OU and OI for all the great twitter updates about Diagon alley :thumbs:

I love a countdown!! We are going in December for the second time.

Already planned 2015 and 2017 haha!

Same Jon, seem to spend many hours each day just browsing away at Orlando / Universal updates and new things we can try.

Universal / IOA park to park 14 day ticket booked before the price increase kicked in, will need to work out best HHN option when they release official dates and tickets later.

Car hire next on the list, got a great deal on a Mustang in 2012 so its bugging me to pay more for alot less car this time around ha even fact I got it to average 10mpg US petrol price is so cheap compared to UK I didn't even mind.

Same Jon, seem to spend many hours each day just browsing away at Orlando / Universal updates and new things we can try.

Universal / IOA park to park 14 day ticket booked before the price increase kicked in, will need to work out best HHN option when they release official dates and tickets later.

Hey buddy,

I'm from the UK too and am a big Orlando fan visiting yearly since 06 with a few trips before that too.

Car hire next on the list, got a great deal on a Mustang in 2012 so its bugging me to pay more for alot less car this time around ha even fact I got it to average 10mpg US petrol price is so cheap compared to UK I didn't even mind.

Last trip I got annual passes (for both Disney and UNI) for not much more than the 14 days tickets, useful if you plan on going next year to as you already have your tickets in the bag.

I know what you mean about car hire, prices seem to go up every year the biggest killer though are those flight prices, cant seem to get anything for less than £550 these days.

Have a fab trip :thumbs:

Can't see us going back within a year. However much we probably both would like to this will be the last trip for a while as need to explore more places.

Just given in and booked a car make most of a cashback offer and USA deal with Hertz one more job checked off my list.

I've never paid attention to it before, but recently I heard that the car rental prices can swing pretty severely depending on what all is going on. I would say if rental car prices seem too high check to see if there are any major conventions going on at the Peabody, Rosen Shingle, or Orange County Convention Center and you may be able to get much better deals slightly before or afterwards.

We had a Mustang last year, was good fun!! We used a broker called Argus last year, were pretty good but Usrentacar this year as they seem to have the better prices at the moment.

We are going again next year but not sure if it'll be within the year yet. I assume I can upgrade to annual while we are there this year?

Got Disneyland Resort in a few weeks, driving a Mustang down from Vegas :)

Last edited:
I booked standard car class so looking at what Hertz offer in Orlando it can be either Nissan Altima 2.5 or Ford Mustang 3.7

Happy with either of those. I looked at both sites you mentioned Jon but quite expensive in comparison.

Be a nice trip out of Vegas, some awesome scenery.

That odd, they are usually cheaper! £395 for the Mustang last year!

Yeah should be a good drive to LA!