No Water from Freestyle Machines | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

No Water from Freestyle Machines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The carts have ice water on tap? Who in **** would know that?!?
Obviously they have melted ice underneath all those bottled drinks.

More seriously I think they are referring to the more permanent carts, probably better to stay stands, counter etc.

In all honesty, I think this may be a coca cola thing more than a Uni decision, FB group is an uproar for sure. You can still fill up water bottles at regular stands, I heard. During HHN I often used the free water from the freestyle machines, it really is just filtered tap water.

People on the UOAP FB group are going nuts, GS is suggesting to call GS and complain so they can get enough cases and elevate it and hopefully get something done about it.

Me and my girlfriend use the free water every time we go. I understand the people who pay for soda shouldn't have to wait in line so maybe have a freestyle-like machine thats only for water?

People on the UOAP FB group are going nuts, GS is suggesting to call GS and complain so they can get enough cases and elevate it and hopefully get something done about it.

Me and my girlfriend use the free water every time we go. I understand the people who pay for soda shouldn't have to wait in line so maybe have a freestyle-like machine thats only for water?

They do, it is called a water fountain.

I understand the people who pay for soda shouldn't have to wait in line so maybe have a freestyle-like machine thats only for water?
If everyone is forced to go to the counters instead, people paying for soda still have to wait behind people getting free water. If any thing getting water out of the Freestyle is quicker and less of a disturbance.

Reactions: anihilnation
Or are APs entitled to free bottled water perhaps? I had never heard of this but just wondering.

Premiere pass used to get coupons for 8 bottles. Not anymore. Ironically when I found out about the removal of the water coupon benefit the guest services lady told me I could use the freestyle machines for water. This was only 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Teebin
Premiere pass used to get coupons for 8 bottles. Not anymore. Ironically when I found out about the removal of the water coupon benefit the guest services lady told me I could use the freestyle machines for water. This was only 2 weeks ago.

It was March when they told me the same thing. At those prices it is a $24 perk.

What gets to me is the arrogance of some: I paid for my cup, I shouldn't have to wait behind these people just filling up for water.
I hate that someone choosing to hydrate themselves with plain water is looked down on because they didn't instead choose to spend the day drinking an unlimited supply of sugar water.

I sometimes activate my cup but more often then not I actually prefer to have water, It's not a budget cheat for me. I also can fill my water bottle far faster than most people getting a drink from the machine. I once got behind someone who had 2 minutes left before their next refill and they just kept trying over and over until it worked.

This is pretty bunk. I understand wanting to make money but agree that sending people into the restaurant or one of the permanent carts is making people that are trying to spend more money to wait in line and costing sales. I'm one of the crowd that doesn't like drinking bottled water (seriously how does it make sense for us to pay for our own tap water) but I also think the water fountains are pretty gross (how many people have put their lips straight up on them etc).

If this isn't an accident, and they are trying to make money off of it then it had better just be a slow play for them to announce a Mad Max house at HHN.

Reactions: misterID
Well, I have always been smart about my hydration and get mine from coffee, diet coke, or beer. :)
Those are definitely my 3 other choices of hydration at Universal! Completely unrelated, I'm always so happy Universal has Lavazza coffee and Duff beer.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I have stood in line and waited behind people that did not have freestyle cups getting water and ice. The machines run out of ice later in the day. I honestly think this was done to speed up the lines and to keep ice in the machines.

Much as I like to get water and ice out of the machine, if it speeds up the freestyle line then I'm all for the change.