Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I certainly see Illumination making a Popeye movie eventually, maybe Woody Woodpecker...

I feel the rest needs to be replaced by SloP and Minions honestly

Sony Animation I believe was who was working on an animated Popeye (before that got canceled for the abomination of The Emoji Movie) so at this point; I think they still own the film rights.

Perhaps someone can clear that up for me, but I doubt Illumination or DreamWorks has any control on that IP.

I Disagree. I don't think the Studios NEEEDS ET. Look at Hollywood Studios. People are still going there and they have far less attractions than USF. As Long as HP is there people will go capacity crowds or not. I hate to admit that as a none harry potter lover or whatnot but I highly doubt ET is any kind of people eater to justify it needing to be open for today's crowd interest.

Neither do I, and that ET doesn't has as much of a bearing as one would think nowadays.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it having as much of an importance as opposed to something like Jaws or Back to The Future nowadays.

I'm not saying Zelda doesn't need something, but I don't see any reason why LC wouldn't be enough.

The scope of the games is quite vast as it encompassing many different locales and stories within the game series. Nintendo has many IPs but I'm also strongly under the impression that we aren't getting another Mario based land after this first one as well as Zelda being a one land only deal which would mean it would be better in a larger area to showcase many different things.

Also I don't want the fourth park to just be Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon because that would be little kid central and I don't think I have the patience to deal with that most of the day in line. They need to spice it up and fire emblem can't hold a good sized land.

@Alexshow in regards to Popeye's right its weird as they are owned by Fieshler Studios who is owned by Paramount yet Sony Animation Warner Bros and Disney all have film rights to aspects of Popeye IP. So there is potential Universal may have some rights that we may not be aware of with illumination.

If ET were to stay, how would they handle the entrance?
During construction, there will be a skinny path to walk to ET's front entrance along the work walls on your left.

I think Spongebob Storepants and ET's entrances will remain the same, and a path will be left to access them, along with the restrooms in between them. That path will also be used for Nintendo exits as well...

Like Diagon Alley has two exits, one near the brick wall entrance and one further down that spits you out elsewhere in London, Nintendo will have exits that spit you out in front of Spongebob and ET.

If anything, this might actually make ET more popular, if people are being funneled into it after leaving the new land.

There's of course still been talk of re-routing the ET entrance to the other side, but this would've been a lot easier before they created the NBC Media Center out of the Allah Gardens. As of now, as far as I know, they're just gonna leave a path to ET next to Nintendo. Probably with a new big sign on the the main path so people know what's down there.

I don't think Pokémon is little kid central. I would bet just as many adults who grew up with the franchise and buy the games will be targeted just like HP.

Reactions: Mike S
I don't think Pokémon is little kid central. I would bet just as many adults who grew up with the franchise and buy the games will be targeted just like HP.

While most adults did grow up with games, there is a difference at something like Star Wars which is still rated PG13 vs G rated films such as Disney Princess Literally went to Pokemon World Festival 2 months ago 3 different times, it was a swarm of small children. I get why you don't think it will but kids will find pokemon cute, parents will think how cute will it be to have their kid dress as a pokemon and take a picture with a pokemon. Be prepared.

While most adults did grow up with games, there is a difference at something like Star Wars which is still rated PG13 vs G rated films such as Disney Princess Literally went to Pokemon World Festival 2 months ago 3 different times, it was a swarm of small children. I get why you don't think it will but kids will find pokemon cute, parents will think how cute will it be to have their kid dress as a pokemon and take a picture with a pokemon. Be prepared.
Zelda is rated E for everyone also. Yes kids will be there, but the area will be very much so for adults that will pay to go. Let's not act like Star Wars land won't be a bunch of children also dressed as characters.

Reactions: Mike S
Sony Animation I believe was who was working on an animated Popeye (before that got canceled for the abomination of The Emoji Movie) so at this point; I think they still own the film rights.

Perhaps someone can clear that up for me, but I doubt Illumination or DreamWorks has any control on that IP.
King Features owns the US Popeye copyright (until it expires in 2024 I believe); it already expired in Europe. At that point Popeye should be public domain everywhere (unless Disney gets laws changed like they have in the past).

Sony Animation is still technically working on it, but the project has been delayed so many times; at this point I think King Features wants to just get a movie out before the copyright expires.

During construction, there will be a skinny path to walk to ET's front entrance along the work walls on your left.

I think Spongebob Storepants and ET's entrances will remain the same, and a path will be left to access them, along with the restrooms in between them. That path will also be used for Nintendo exits as well...

Like Diagon Alley has two exits, one near the brick wall entrance and one further down that spits you out elsewhere in London, Nintendo will have exits that spit you out in front of Spongebob and ET.

If anything, this might actually make ET more popular, if people are being funneled into it after leaving the new land.

There's of course still been talk of re-routing the ET entrance to the other side, but this would've been a lot easier before they created the NBC Media Center out of the Allah Gardens. As of now, as far as I know, they're just gonna leave a path to ET next to Nintendo. Probably with a new big sign on the the main path so people know what's down there.
Sounds kind of awkward, then they don't have that many options. Plus, ET will be this weird stand alone attraction, so probably wherever they put the entrance it will seem a little odd.

Also I don't want the fourth park to just be Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon because that would be little kid central and I don't think I have the patience to deal with that most of the day in line. They need to spice it up and fire emblem can't hold a good sized land.

I don't know if Animal Crossing would have a significant appearance in the USA just going by popularity in American prior to the building of an attraction. Did you find something that shows Animal Crossing is quite popular in the USA rather than worldwide.

I know it totally won't happen, but I want a Splatoon splash area in Nintendoland

Maybe Universal could buy the hotel that used to be the Nick Hotel. They used to have water that looked like slime they would dump on people. There's also the Wet n' Wild area that possibly could have water features like the hotel that used to be the Nick Hotel. I posted about this before, but Universal apparently did have these water pack shooting systems at some point in Japan:

img_market02.jpg

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Yea, gotta love the Ball Factory. Definitely a unique theme park addition.

This has similarities to the 'Rabbids Amusement Center' that I posted about before. Given that Rabbids have crossed over into a Nintendo game maybe something similar to this place could appear in the Nintendo area in Orlando possibly even using some of the machinery from the Curious George ball area.

I still want them to keep LC and replace Poseidon and Sinbad with E-Tickets based on Greek Mythology...I would say Toon Lagoon is more in need of the wrecking ball..

Depending on how much coherence the time periods is cared about for what are ultimately fictionally characters, it could make sense for How To Train Your Dragon attractions to appear in part of Lost Continent. Having HTTYD near a Sinbad-era area based somewhere in the Middle Eastern might work about as well in the 'flow' of the aesthetic theming as Lost Continent currently does. The age of when Vikings existed is estimated to have some overlap or close to when Sinbad is estimated to have been placed according to some early literature that featured the character:

Sinbad the Sailor - Wikipedia
"The Sinbad cycle is set in the reign of the Abbasid Caliph Harun al-Rashid."
Harun al-Rashid - Wikipedia
"Harun al-Rashid (/hɑːˈruːnɑːlrɑːˈʃiːd/ Arabic: هَارُون الرَشِيد‎‎, Hārūn Ar-Rašīd; in English: Aaron the Just, 17 March 763 or February 766 — 24 March 809 (148-193 Hijri)[1] was the fifth Abbasid Caliph."
Vikings - Wikipedia
Viking Age - Wikipedia

Last edited:
My thing with this Zelda discussion is I'd prefer it to be in a new park just so each park would have a castle away from each other (Islands of Adventure-Hogwarts Castle, Universal Orlando-Peach's Castle, and new park-Zeldas Castle).

I don't know if Animal Crossing would have a significant appearance in the USA just going by popularity in American prior to the building of an attraction. Did you find something that shows Animal Crossing is quite popular in the USA rather than worldwide.

Toy R Us website had Animal Crossing as their best selling non console/game Nintendo product even surpassing pokemon. That would suggest some popularity. I tried looking at out sites but most don't post by item popularity but by revelance or have a vast enough inventory to accurately grasp full spectrum.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index...ntendo&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

My thing with this Zelda discussion is I'd prefer it to be in a new park just so each park would have a castle away from each other (Islands of Adventure-Hogwarts Castle, Universal Orlando-Peach's Castle, and new park-Zeldas Castle).
I think each park should have at least one castle. I would really like the castle for the 3rd park be Frankenstein or Dracula related.

I think each park should have at least one castle. I would really like the castle for the 3rd park be Frankenstein or Dracula related.
Of course. Just as long as it isn't Hotel Transylvania.

It just occurred to me that they could also do Ganons Tower instead of Zelda's Castle....

So, a huge franchise like F&F just gets a ride, a Classic Uni property like Kong gets one ride, another Uni Property, the Tonight Show, gets one ride. But Nintendo's 3rd or lower ranked property Zelda is going to get a whole land on it's own? I just can't see that. In the leaked plans, they had Zelda as a corner of the land as a show in a moving theatre. That's where they slotted the property. I don't think they took it out because they thought it needed an E-ticket and a whole section of the park. They needed more room to do what they are doing.

So, a huge franchise like F&F just gets a ride, a Classic Uni property like Kong gets one ride, another Uni Property, the Tonight Show, gets one ride. But Nintendo's 3rd or lower ranked property Zelda is going to get a whole land on it's own? I just can't see that. In the leaked plans, they had Zelda as a corner of the land as a show in a moving theatre. That's where they slotted the property. I don't think they took it out because they thought it needed an E-ticket and a whole section of the park. They needed more room to do what they are doing.
Those other properties wouldn't be able to support a whole land on their own.

Yeah the reason those things didn't get a land is because they don't fit a land. What would a tonight show land look like? FF? Kong maybe, but don't think it needs it. I'm not looking at the pitch art as this isn't important because it only got this seeing as Pokémon got a trainer building and that's it.