Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

To clarify, 10 months ago Yoshi was only a go for Japan, and just a dream for Orlando. Persons within Universal wanted it wanted it for USF too but at that time, the only solution was as an ET replacement. Beyond that, I have no idea what became of the discussion/decision.

Why do I keep thinking that this means there was once a third ride planned for USF that we haven't talked about before?

Thinking back to Jimmy Fallon and F&F with the no switchback queue, what if the luigi mansion/bowser's airship are part of the queue now to expand the scope and not individual attractions? I mean Mario Kart queue would have to be quite long to hold all the people who might want to ride and due to Potter and how much people enjoyed Fallon's queue system.

If you go back to the USJ SNW concept video you see the land technically has three visible floors and not just two with people mainly only able to walk on the first and third level outside with only a little of the second level in front of the castle being able to be used in the trailer and if you back to the concept art, there is a exit/entrance on second floor stairs by Yoshi (see where the question mark box is next to the mushroom on the stairs, you see a guy walking towards it. If you also watch the SNW trailer you can also see an entrance of some kind as well at 0:12. If you also look underneath it next to the mushroom house is a weird brown square with people walking into it.

Super-Nintendo-World-Universal-Studios-Japan.jpg
'

Combining both the concept art/trailer...there are 14 visible entrances/exits, not including the bridge and assuming the castle doors don't open (including those raises it to 18 entrances/exits) So you have one for coming into and leaving the area which is the warp pipe on the bottom left corner of the trailer and blocked by the Universal logo on this concept art. That leaves 13 left. With most USJ lands having two bathrooms assuming this will be the same, that leaves 11 entrances/exits unaccounted for. Then you have Mario Kart/Yoshi so one entrance and one exit into a gift shop, you now have 7 entrances/exits remaining. The castle has one big ingress/egress which makes me assume its something many people will come in and out of so that's either a food court, or a show area or an entrance but wouldn't make sense with the wrap pipe. That leaves for 6 entrance/exits. Each could be its own store/restaurant/or some may share. Then again, they could also be for something I'm not thinking of yet.

There are some differences though between the concept art and the trailer. This Concept art has Yoshi's on the bridge, The trailer had none. The video also had a courtyard in the middle of the land with a Piranha plant where as the concept art doesn't. It seems they plussed up some areas while they cut in others. I'm thinking based on the area underneath the castle is the main restaurant. The differences also may have thrown off my analysis of the land. This also leads me to believe there are some things they are very much keeping some things hush. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for Japan to have only two ride attractions and a bunch of stores considering their attendance is larger than Orlando which means capacity is a must. At the same time, they could be pulling a Potter with this land and increasing the number of stores, food, events, shows and increased theming to cover up one less attraction in the land.

I am now quite intrigued on what I'm missing currently as it could help answer some potential questions and ideas regarding whats going where and whats coming to Orlando.

edit: Of note, the entire Mario Kart ride was that huge indoor building. One thing both the concept art nor the teaser have shown us the full size of the Mario Kart building. Parkscope said the ride still has the same scope and scale which makes me suggest the size should remain around the same for the building...the scope of the airship and luigi on the plans were tiny free spaces within the mario kart layout. Japan's concept art and teaser still have three floors for SNW. Mario was on the ground level, Luigi second level, and Bowser third level.

Another item is look at the tracks for Mario Kart on the original plans. Two tracks become one track then closer to the end four tracks then back to two before coming into the station. There is also a Rest Room located inside the show building.

Last edited:
For me on this, I was just trying to get at that the Yoshi talk seemed to pop up w/ ET closing talk...making it sound like Yoshi would need space outside of the 'leaked' footprint...so the leaked footprint is for MK and DK as far as large rides.
To me it seems like Yoshi could take over the Hyrule area in the leaked plans.

This is kind of a lot of information, but I don't care if you guys don't try to respond to them all or even only respond to one thing:

I hope if there's no physical queues that it goes well. I'm not sure I see a queue in that Donkey Kong area in the Sketchup art (the picture with 3d drawing of white buildings) from the recent release of art, but I can't actually see all of the Donkey Kong area in that picture and it does seem to be concept art rather than final diagrams. There is a play area for kids there in another work of art from the recent release of art. Maybe that big building to the left will have the queues (maybe in addition to other stuff) for the Donkey Kong coaster and Mario Kart and you walk over to the rides from there after waiting. It could have maybe had interactive queues that had to do with Yoshi. Maybe if they did that and then change their mind and make the Nintendo area more like Volcano Bay later on, they could clear out the queues and put in other stuff.

It seems like you can see a building high up off the ground like it's a treehouse in the Donkey Kong area in the Sketchup picture. That seems similar to the building in the trees with a big Donkey Kong in it and that says 'KONG' above Donkey Kong that is shown in concept art from the new set of releases that looks like a colored 'digital painting' that is focused on the Donkey Kong area.

In the Sketchup art from the recent releases there is some area to the left of the moat that goes into a building with a giant face of Bowser. This area is on a wall of the same building. This area looks kind of like the front of a church or some part of a castle from one of the Zelda games. It kind of looks like there are two or three doors of which the bottom of each door is at the same level as what looks like the bottom of the building with a Bowser face. What do you guys think this is?

It looks like there is maybe there is some sort of pathway in front of these things that looks like they might be doors. The pathway curves to the right of the doors from the perspective of the Sketchup drawing. It looks like the pathway might curve back into building with Bowser's face. I'm not too sure about the pathway's direction, though. Maybe it doesn't actually curve into the building. It would be interesting if part or all of the Mario Kart ride was considered to be in the building with Bowser's face for the Sketchup art. Maybe for this Sketchup art part of the Mario Kart ride would have vehicles going along this pathway as part of the track and outside of that building with Bowser's face.

Do any of you guys think that large near the building on the left side of the Sketchup art from the recent releases looks like anything you recognize from a Nintendo game? To me it looks kind of like a big flower.

Also I noticed that it looks kind of like there is a Bullet Bill near the middle section, in terms of its vertical aspect, in the Sketchup art from the recent releases and on the left side this art. I wonder if that is/was intended to use the same or similar ride system as the Bowser airships and whether the airships replaced the idea of the Bullet Bills rides in one or more of the parks. Do you guys think there is intended to be multiple levels guests could walk on in one or more of the buildings in any of the pictures from the recently released art?

Thinking back to Jimmy Fallon and F&F with the no switchback queue, what if the luigi mansion/bowser's airship are part of the queue now to expand the scope and not individual attractions?
I think that's incredibly reasonable. Mario Kart doesn't have anything that screams "queue," much less something that could handle a Flight of Passage length queue.

It's definitely a cool idea for a queue. But, there's nothing iconic about the interior. Especially not enough to cover a 5 hour queue (Flight of Passage style).

Wait, you're saying the single most beloved gaming franchise of all time doesn't have enough material for a large queue but Avatar does?

:saywhat:

Wait, you're saying the single most beloved gaming franchise of all time doesn't have enough material for a large queue but Avatar does?

:saywhat:

Well it depends on what version of bowser's castle. Are they doing traditional Mario Kart bowser castle which is pretty rundown which could make for a meh cue or are they doing Super Mario 3D Boswer World (Also would be totally meta) in addition to fitting being colorful and fun.

bowser%2Bworld.jpg

One thing I'd think would be a major plus for Bowsers castle, is as seen in the concept; is that people can spectate the beginning of the race, seeing who is going up against who (As it seems like animatronic's will be driving alongside you). It'd be a cool way of preparing the rider of expectations, and it'd be an interesting way, allowing people to cheer on.

Either way, I'm starting to have a feeling that this may be one of those attractions to where Virtual Queues may come to play. And, that there is plenty to choose in execution of that.

Ok my conspiracy theory is Universal is feeeding this guy these. They want this without fully announcing, but trying to lessen the Star Wars info coming out soon.

The issue with this stuff leaking if what turns out doesn't match or equal the leaks, people aren't going to be happy.

Why would Universal leak him wildly outdated art and blueprints?

Universal is absolutely feeding these to him. 100% proven- not even an assumption.

Unless we believe that Davis, Polk and Wardell- one of the premiere law firms in the United States is ok with him saying that they gave it to him from one of their largest clients. He tweeted as much on the 13th
"Content released to me through NBCUniversal's counsel, Davis Polk & Wardwell"
No cease and decist. No legal pull from Twitter.

So ya- it's 100% leaked from universal.
And I agree with @quinnmac000 - I'm fully expecting whatever comes to fruition to equal or better these concepts- otherwise it's an idiotic leak.

In the Sketchup art from the recent releases there is some area to the left of the moat that goes into a building with a giant face of Bowser. This area is on a wall of the same building. This area looks kind of like the front of a church or some part of a castle from one of the Zelda games. It kind of looks like there are two or three doors of which the bottom of each door is at the same level as what looks like the bottom of the building with a Bowser face. What do you guys think this is?

It is Zelda related. Its the Temple of Time.

61273-GPDwMcuNwdRskx3T.png

It looks like there is maybe there is some sort of pathway in front of these things that looks like they might be doors. The pathway curves to the right of the doors from the perspective of the Sketchup drawing. It looks like the pathway might curve back into building with Bowser's face. I'm not too sure about the pathway's direction, though. Maybe it doesn't actually curve into the building. It would be interesting if part or all of the Mario Kart ride was considered to be in the building with Bowser's face for the Sketchup art. Maybe for this Sketchup art part of the Mario Kart ride would have vehicles going along this pathway as part of the track and outside of that building with Bowser's face.

Per all the other information, Mario was/is entirely enclosed. I don't think any of the track crosses outside as that would be a huge change to everything we have seen.

Do any of you guys think that large near the building on the left side of the Sketchup art from the recent releases looks like anything you recognize from a Nintendo game? To me it looks kind of like a big flower.

Also I noticed that it looks kind of like there is a Bullet Bill near the middle section, in terms of its vertical aspect, in the Sketchup art from the recent releases and on the left side this art. I wonder if that is/was intended to use the same or similar ride system as the Bowser airships and whether the airships replaced the idea of the Bullet Bills rides in one or more of the parks. Do you guys think there is intended to be multiple levels guests could walk on in one or more of the buildings in any of the pictures from the recently released art?

I'm pretty sure the flower is suppose to be a Deku tree and I'm pretty darn sure that multiple levels area for same buildings due to all the stuff identified in my earlier post about the SNW trailer and the USJ concept art. Also part of my thinking regarding attractons not going away entirely but being absorbed into something else.

Universal is absolutely feeding these to him. 100% proven- not even an assumption.

Unless we believe that Davis, Polk and Wardell- one of the premiere law firms in the United States is ok with him saying that they gave it to him from one of their largest clients. He tweeted as much on the 13th
"Content released to me through NBCUniversal's counsel, Davis Polk & Wardwell"
No cease and decist. No legal pull from Twitter.

So ya- it's 100% leaked from universal.
And I agree with @quinnmac000 - I'm fully expecting whatever comes to fruition to equal or better these concepts- otherwise it's an idiotic leak.

His method of leaking was quite interesting as he pushed it to those we mention a lot on this site for other information (OI, Skubersky, Orlando Biz Journal) yet he wrote for the Huffington Post multiple times. I wonder why he pushed for local Orlando news and a youtuber to push on the information. He also corrected Mynews13 who pushed out the VR/AR comment. Stating it wasn't that accurate. Who knows.