Next Ride To Go | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Ride To Go

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
E.T. will be the next ride to go IMO.

I believe they won't start any other smaller projects until well after Phase 2 is completed and even then, if rumor has it Kidzone is next and so I believe thats when ET wil get the :saw:

E.T. will be the next ride to go IMO.

I believe they won't start any other smaller projects until well after Phase 2 is completed and even then, if rumor has it Kidzone is next and so I believe thats when ET wil get the :saw:

I'm disagreeing. Steven Spielberg will NEVER let them take it down.

It doesn't have much competition. It has the highest flume drop. And it's one of very few heavily themed flume rides. Most flume rides are just that..flume rides. And I always get drenched on Dudley.
uh...what about Splash Mountain? I know it's in a bit of disrepair right now, but the scenes, AA's, story (I find the story very hard to follow throughout Dudley), flow of the ride all feel much more fluent and easy to follow. Dudley, imo, is very dirty, needs to be painted and seems very barren (and unthemed) in portions of the ride. Splash never feels that way, even not being at 100%.

uh...what about Splash Mountain? I know it's in a bit of disrepair right now, but the scenes, AA's, story (I find the story very hard to follow throughout Dudley), flow of the ride all feel much more fluent and easy to follow. Dudley, imo, is very dirty, needs to be painted and seems very barren (and unthemed) in portions of the ride. Splash never feels that way, even not being at 100%.

When I say it doesn't have MUCH competition that is not the same thing as NO competition. And I said one of very few. Meaning Splash Mountain is one of the few. Never did I say Dudley is the only themed flume ride. And whether you agree or disagree, Dudley does have heavy theming, even if its quality may not be up to par in some peoples eyes. And I'm not sure how you find Dudley's story hard to follow, it's pretty simple. Dude kidnaps girl, man tries to save girl, girl is saved, he doesn't get the girl.

Oh, well how about that? As many times as I've been on Jaws I've never got wet.
Well then there goes my argument. I didn't know anybody ever got wet on it.

We had this effect called 'Tidal Wave' that the techs controlled. Basically in Scene 5 when kill shark came out of the water to bite the cable a surge of water would crash onto Rows 1-3 left side. Physically impossible to be dry if you were in those seats as the water would come over your head and crash all the way down. Head to toe soaked. Sometimes the skipper on the front of the boat would get hit to if he/she wasn't careful.
Always fun to stand at unload and watch the skipper come in with an upset look on their face and their clothes wet. "Tidal wave?" "Yep. :fist:"

never? its already been taken down at USH. I dont think that Steven even matters to USF anymore.

i want it to stay too. but i dont want to give myself false hope.

This comes up every few weeks, Spielberg is still very much an important asset to NBC Universal and they want to keep him happy. Removing ET from Universal Studios Florida is out of the question unless they want to throw Spielberg away and lose rights to a bunch of other attractions bearing his work.

We had this effect called 'Tidal Wave' that the techs controlled. Basically in Scene 5 when kill shark came out of the water to bite the cable a surge of water would crash onto Rows 1-3 left side. Physically impossible to be dry if you were in those seats as the water would come over your head and crash all the way down. Head to toe soaked. Sometimes the skipper on the front of the boat would get hit to if he/she wasn't careful.
Always fun to stand at unload and watch the skipper come in with an upset look on their face and their clothes wet. "Tidal wave?" "Yep. :fist:"

Ahh yes, this happened to me one time. I was taking pictures and all of a sudden this big wave come over the side! I was wearing really thick shorts as well. I took ages to dry!

I always thought it was controlled by the skipper, but wasn't sure how?

That surging water effect was also much more substantial and consistant in the early years of operation. The boat floor and guest's feet would often have a layer of swishing water before draining out of the boat.