New Universal Commercial - Best Vacation Ever | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Universal Commercial - Best Vacation Ever

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really like the commercial. As for the Apple comparison though I think it's a safe bet that it was just an unfortunate coincidence. The Apple commercial came out around Christmas time, by which time I'm sure the Universal commercial had already wrapped.

I really like the commercial. As for the Apple comparison though I think it's a safe bet that it was just an unfortunate coincidence. The Apple commercial came out around Christmas time, by which time I'm sure the Universal commercial had already wrapped.

Yeah this was recorded before any of the Holiday festivities started

This was surely a nod at Apple advertising... Their commercial for the Holidays is not the first time they make one like this and i actually loved it. Great job at making a great commercial.. very powerful and honestly made me want to get in my car and drive the 3 hours as soon as it ended.

:thumbs:

Universal has changed so much with its marketing campaigns for the better...anyone remember the "If I saw another princess on my vacation I was going to hurl" commercial back in the day?

Can we talk for a second about how the shot of the Transformers building with the family walking in front of it doesn't actually exist in real life? False advertising! Give me a free express pass and my money back. ;)

(I would insert a screenshot but apparently the boards don't permit that).

While that may be, a lot of companies with good marketing teams are in the know before an ad is released. While this is usually more common with advertising firms (Apple and Universal are in-house), it's still possible that the general idea behind Apple's ad campaign was circulating around before either commercial began filming.

It is also basically an inevitable concept. The similarities between these two commercials have been done before and will be done again. So it's possible either way.

Can we talk for a second about how the shot of the Transformers building with the family walking in front of it doesn't actually exist in real life? False advertising! Give me a free express pass and my money back. ;)

(I would insert a screenshot but apparently the boards don't permit that).

That is just Delancey Street. It does exist