New Seasonal Pass Option | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Seasonal Pass Option

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the difference is WDW has the space for parking, and UO isn't as blessed; especially with Volcano Bay on the way. $10 parking for Power I think is fair when you're trying to deter overcrowding.

Very true. $10 is pretty reasonable in today's climate. They probably will need to bump up staffing for Volcano Bay too, so I guess you have to account for that.

Reactions: Mike S
I think the difference is WDW has the space for parking, and UO isn't as blessed; especially with Volcano Bay on the way. $10 parking for Power I think is fair when you're trying to deter overcrowding.
I don't think the garage really ever gets full especially on the days when the Power or Seasonal pass are not blocked out. Universal also has an advantage over Disney in that the garage costs less to operate. Disney has to staff both parking attendants and toll both employees at 4 different theme park parking lots and employees and fuel for teams at each.

Reactions: Legolas813
I know that for SeaWorld TMs, they are just blocked out the whole day of a concert (along with the other blockout dates for passholders). I would guess it will follow the same pattern.

I know that for SeaWorld TMs, they are just blocked out the whole day of a concert (along with the other blockout dates for passholders). I would guess it will follow the same pattern.

I thought this too, but looking at the black out calendar those days are not listed.

I thought this too, but looking at the black out calendar those days are not listed.
This gives some merit to the rumor that Mardi Gras will be a hard ticket event this year. It would give them a way to prevent Seasonal APs from attending.

The new color for the Seasonal APs is green btw.
CrMCcsOW8AA9iL4.jpg:large

EDIT: Apparently SeaWorld and Busch Gardens just raised a bunch of their tickets by a dollar (99 cents really).

It specifically says in the details that Seasonal Pass cannot access the park of the concert for the day.

Got off the phone with them and they said renewal systems are down and probably will be until tomorrow. That said these price increases are only for new passes and renewals are not currently being targeted to change.

I don't think the garage really ever gets full especially on the days when the Power or Seasonal pass are not blocked out. Universal also has an advantage over Disney in that the garage costs less to operate. Disney has to staff both parking attendants and toll both employees at 4 different theme park parking lots and employees and fuel for teams at each.

That doesn't change the fact that the garages were built for a time where they were just expecting to handle traffic flow for 2 parks. I believe garage capacity is 18K-19K.

I was able to renew 42 days before my pass expired (past Monday). They notified me by letter about 5o days before it expired that I could renew,next starting effective my Oct. 9th date.

They sent out the notices early this round, many people got the hint that changes were coming and jumped on the renewal. I get it about 3 weeks before dead date but I think this was telegraphed just right.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They sent out the notices early this round, many people got the hint that changes were coming and jumped on the renewal. I get it about 3 weeks before dead date but I think this was telegraphed just right.
Yeah, seems like they kind of took care of the present pass holders. Even the blog post that got pulled down may have been done on purpose. I never got a renewal notice this far in advance of my Oct. 9th expiration date.

Reactions: JoeCamel
That doesn't change the fact that the garages were built for a time where they were just expecting to handle traffic flow for 2 parks. I believe garage capacity is 18K-19K.
Well if they're even remotely worried about it filling up on a slow day they're going to be in big trouble during peak times. I wonder if the extra parking money could eventually go toward adding a level to the shorter garage.

Well if they're even remotely worried about it filling up on a slow day they're going to be in big trouble during peak times. I wonder if the extra parking money could eventually go toward adding a level to the shorter garage.

No. It's the Peak times since Power passes now have full access during the Summer.

Cant see ever wanting to use the additional non blackout days as a non resident. I avoid peak times like the plague.

Comparing preferred pass to the comparable WDW pass each resort is charging about the same for their passes per park, a little under $200 per park. Early access, better renewal discount and better/more usable discounts do make the UOAP pass a better deal.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Comparing preferred pass to the comparable WDW pass each resort is charging about the same for their passes per park, a little under $200 per park. Early access, better renewal discount and better/more usable discounts do make the UOAP pass a better deal.
Yeah I don't think it's fair to compare the Disney parks to Universal. MK has a lot more than both Univasal parks, but I would say it takes at least two of the other three to equal either Universal parks.

No. It's the Peak times since Power passes now have full access during the Summer.

Now that they are using the lower level on t he south garage for VB that might squeeze the parking availability. Maybe one more garage will be in the works over the retention pond that is left.

Yeah I don't think it's fair to compare the Disney parks to Universal. MK has a lot more than both Univasal parks, but I would say it takes at least two of the other three to equal either Universal parks.
This was not a comparison of parks, but rather park AP prices. To compare the prices you have to factor in the number of parks each resort has.

This was not a comparison of parks, but rather park AP prices. To compare the prices you have to factor in the number of parks each resort has.
Yeah I totally get what you were doing, and it's a great way to look at it. To say that your getting four parks at Disney vs. two at Universal isn't exactly accurate though since these parks aren't really even. I view it as Universal having two full day parks and Disney having one 1.5 day park and three half day parks.

It would be interesting I suppose to see a comparison like what you did but with the number of attractions. Really as pass holders I think most of us (I know at least for me as a local) really just view each of the resorts as a whole. The number of parks is kind of irrelevant.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
It would be interesting I suppose to see a comparison like what you did but with the number of attractions.

Like this?

Magic Kingdom - 28
Jungle Cruise
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain
Walt Disney World Railroad
The Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Stitch's Great Escape!
Astro Orbiter
Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

Epcot - 15
Spaceship Earth
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Mission: Space
Test Track
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Soarin' Around the World
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Frozen Ever After
Reflections of China
The American Adventure
Impressions de France
O Canada!

DHS - 11
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
For the First Time in Forever
: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Muppet*Vision 3D
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior – Live on Stage

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage

Animal Kingdom
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
DINOSAUR
Finding Nemo-The Musical
Primeval Whirl
TriceraTop Spin

Universal Studios - 18
A Day in the Park with Barney
Animal Actors On Location!
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
E.T. Adventure
Fear Factor Live
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Hogwarts Express
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl
Men in Black: Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Shrek 4-D
T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
The Blues Brothers Show
The Simpsons Ride
Transformers: The Ride-3D
Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster

Islands - 19
Caro–Seuss–el
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Dragon Challenge
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Flight of the Hippogriff
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Hogwarts Express
Jurassic Park River Adventure
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Poseidon's Fury
Pteranodon Flyers
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
Storm Force Accelatron
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
The Cat In The Hat
The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
The Incredible Hulk Coaster

Now you may not like some of what I listed, but I think I kept it pretty consistent as to what counts as an "attraction". No M&Gs, true forms of transportation only, etc. So I think it's a reasonable analysis. And these numbers bring us to:

WDW - 63 "attractions".....Cheapest Non-FL WDW pass without blackouts: $749
UO - 37 "attractions".....Cheapest Non-FL UO pass without blackouts: $385

WDW = $11.89/"attraction"
UO = $10.40/"attraction"

Now of course value is totally subjective in this case, and this analysis is totally objective. Nonetheless, these numbers are remarkably close. Almost like they both know what they're doing? :shrug: