Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor was that they were holding out to see if the show was canned or not. Per Deadline, it was a last-minute decision but the heavy financial woes of Disney's media division basically forces their hand. (the franchise quotient of the show was the reason behind the back-and-forth)

Now we wait and see if Disney wants to bother themeing a restaurant (maybe 2) to what is now a "dead" franchise.
The quick service is 100% becoming a Muppet restaurant, that's not even a debate . I'll pay for you to have a meal at Victoria & Albert's if it doesn't.

Alright I'll take that bet. I'll renege if the retheme gets scaled back to dirt cheap though. (I'm talking bare signage and very little themeing)

I was always under the assumption that Disney was waiting on the show which is why they have failed to announce it.

Alright I'll take that bet. I'll renege if the retheme gets scaled back to dirt cheap though. (I'm talking bare signage and very little themeing)

I was always under the assumption that Disney was waiting on the show which is why they have failed to announce it.
Disney didn't announce they were re-opening the AdVerandah as Skippers Canteen until D23 last year and it had been underway for a good while. Same thing with Tiffins and Harambe Marketplace - Both were under construction for a long while before announced.

Beast's Castle aside, they don't tend to rush announcements on restaurants/quick service. This is something that isn't opening until likely November, announcing it now serves no purpose. I'd expect an announcement as Summer is coming to an end, but before MNSSHP, so they have something to pimp. That's just speculation, but it also falls in line with past habits.

Not that I don't trust you, but can I get a second source that this is currently underway and the budget has already received full-funding?

Not that I don't trust you, but can I get a second source that this is currently underway and the budget has already received full-funding?
I have a source for the Pizza Planet conversion, admittedly not so much for Mama Melrose which is why i'm not being as definitive about that. I can't go into much detail as I don't want anyone to lose their job. Let's just say it's someone who has been credible a lot for me and is on the ground a lot behind the walls.

Disappointed. It was a decent enough show that was clearly improving toward the end of the season. Send it to Netflix.

Shouldn't this have been a new post? I got excited by the title and liked the first post before I realized it was ancient.

Just because the current show is ending and there aren't new movies in the pipeline doesn't mean it's a dead franchise. Disney is going to let it lay fallow for a while and then try again in the future.

Reactions: Cole
This sounds like a much cheaper redo than the (really cool) Swedish Chef overlay. HS has best themed / most interesting theme park restaurants in Disney, so I really hope this continues the trend and isn't just a generic pizza place with some Muppet crap on the walls.

I can dream.

This sounds like a much cheaper redo than the (really cool) Swedish Chef overlay. HS has best themed / most interesting theme park restaurants in Disney, so I really hope this continues the trend and isn't just a generic pizza place with some Muppet crap on the walls.

I can dream.

Same. But too be fair, Pizza Planet was a generic pizza place with some Toy Story crap on the walls (and games) :lol: I always adored the idea of Pizza Planet, but felt it didn't nearly live up to its potential. So if this overlay is underwhelming, i won't be too disappointed or surprised tbh

I have wanted a true Pizza Planet for so long. So, so, very long. It would be so easy for Disney to build. Honestly, the prospect of a true Pizza Planet is the only reason I'm even slightly alright with Toy Story Land

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Huh. I'm totally for this, but a Swedish Chef theme seemed so obvious :shrug: I really didn't expect something different lol

I can dream.
Rumor is that a Swedish Chef theme is being saved for a more lavish (and worthy) placement. Mama Melrose is also covered under the Pizza Planet Permit, which extends until November 2017 (PizzeRizzo is opening in a few months). Speculation and some credible sources have stirred the pot that Mama Melrose may get a Swedish Chef retheme, however, a lot of things are in flux at WDI right now, so we'll see.

Concept art:
image-84-1200x900.jpeg

I don't hate it, per se; but man, that doesn't read Muppets at all on the outside.
Deffinitely doesn't obviously say Muppets, but if you look at the details of the building (Seen here: FIRST LOOK: Concept Art Released for Muppets Restaurant at Hollywood Studios | WDW News Today ) there's a lot of jokes that are very much within the Muppet style.

Maybe they didn't want to go too over the top Muppets with it? Keep it themed, yet still attractive to simply people who want pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.