Moving to Orlando May 4th | Inside Universal Forums

Moving to Orlando May 4th

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 16, 2013
Hello all, just wanted to take a sec and introduce myself and my family. We are moving to orlando on may 4th due to my wifes job with dell computers. We love the theme parks and try to get down to florida at least every other year. We live in nashville TN. and have all of our life, i have been reading your board since the first harry potter addition and have really enjoyed it. I am a bit nervous as we will know zero people in florida and are looking to find people to get to know. Im 34 she is 33 and we have a 17 month old son. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully visiting the parks together.

Thanks for giving me a chance

Brandon

Great to meet you, Brandon! Like I mentioned on the other thread, if you can afford it, I highly recommend APs now that you're local! The parks and areas around them are great spots to hang out and meet lots of people :thumbs:

Best of luck on the move, and you should also have a nice time getting to know the great community on here! See you around! :wave:

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome!!!

My husband and I have APs to all the parks and we have twin 2 year olds. So keep in touch and once you get settled and are going to parks, contact me. We can meet at one of the parks sometime. I know how scary it is moving down here and hardly knowing anyone, as we once did it. I am 36 and my husband just turned 34 today :)

Good luck with the move, I also know how fun those can be :)

Thanks for the replies everyone, looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals!! Little bit about me and the wife, we are dorks to the core. We go to dragoncon in atlanta every year and have been known to have a drink or 6 and act a fool in costume.

Thanks for the replies everyone, looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals!! Little bit about me and the wife, we are dorks to the core. We go to dragoncon in atlanta every year and have been known to have a drink or 6 and act a fool in costume.

LOL - I used to go to Origins every year when I was in college and I was president of the gaming association of Penn State which we had role playing, miniatures, board games, card games, etc. So geek here also. I never did LARPing, but I tried all the other stuff. Do you guys play board games like Settlers, Puerto Rico, etc?

Funny story, being president of GAPS got me my first internship, which eventually landed me a good job. So being a geek pays. The guy went to Penn State and they did not have GAPS then. It was formed my Sophomore year. So he saw it on my resume and we ended up talking about it pretty much the entire interview. Well everyone else complained how tough the questions were and didn't think they did well. There was no time for him to ask me difficult questions after that discussion :) So nothing wrong with being a geek, or that is what I keep telling myself!!!!