Most missed ride at UO | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Most missed ride at UO

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which one do YOU miss most?

• Kongfrontation

Votes: 47 29.0%
  • Back to the Future....the Ride

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Ghostbusters Spooktakular

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Triceratops Encounter

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Alfred Hitchcock: Art of Movie Making

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Murder She Wrote Mystery Theatre

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nickelodeon Studios

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Jaws

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kongfrontation- Classic Ride. Really encapsulated the original Universal and "riding the movies" But, Mummy was an amazing replacement.

Back to the Future....the Ride- Another great ride the movies. I loved how both pre-shows actually got people interested. A classic that should still be around.

Ghostbusters Spooktakular- Was a pretty good show, but I think everyone misses it so much cause we got such a terrible replacement for it.

Triceratops Encounter- This was really lame. They could have done so much more with this area.

Alfred Hitchcok: Art of Movie Making- Was more thought provoking than most current attractions. You actually learned something here. It really made me appreciate the movie making process.

Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera- Decent ride, but got an equal replacement in Jimmy Newtron.

Murder She Wrote Mystery Theatre-This was a waste of time and money.

Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show- I liked it, but maybe because of a lack of options. Universal really needs more big shows like this. Even the Extreme Sports show that they used to have at IOA was entertaining and gave you a good place to take a break.

Nickelodeon Studios- Loved it. I grew up in the Nick Generation though, so I am prolly biased. You Cant Do That on Television. Clarissa Explains It All. Double Dare. Hey Dude (even tho it wasnt filmed there) These shows are such classics. Anybody know where to get/see any of these old shows????

Nickelodeon Studios- Loved it. I grew up in the Nick Generation though, so I am prolly biased. You Cant Do That on Television. Clarissa Explains It All. Double Dare. Hey Dude (even tho it wasnt filmed there) These shows are such classics. Anybody know where to get/see any of these old shows????

You can find a lot of the old shows on Youtube and several other sites. They used to show the older shows on Nickelodeon GAS until that channel was replaced about 2 years ago.

Welcome to the site!

Simulators are replaceable and its part of the reason they're built. Kong should've never left. I just wish the Peter Jackson version grossed like $1 billion so we could see him come back in a big way.

Either way, I'm heading to Cali to check out the 4-D tram tour element.

Although this is slightly off topic........... I never got a chance to experience the Hitchcock attraction, and that's a huge regret for me. Hitchcock is one of my favorite filmmakers, and Psycho is my all-time fav film. I would go Norman Bates on somebody for the chance to experience this attraction.

On a related note, I'm also obviously extremely bummed that I missed the Psycho house that appeared at one of the early HHN's.

I went for BTTF, that was the most retarded idea to remove that ride in favor of The Simpsonsl, dumbest move ever. Now if they get rid of ET, I'm going to go postal.

The plot, setting, queue, and ride itself of Back To The Future were just SUPERB. It still upsets me that Simpsons now stands where BTTF used to be. BTTF was one of my favorite rides in the park, so it hurt to find out that they were shutting it down. Standing in the line still reminds me of the "old friend" that used to stand in that spot.

Has to be Kong for me, followed by Back to the Future and then Ghostbusters.
What....... The cowboy show has gone. That is sooooo sad, what have they replaced it with? It was such a corny but funny show..... why has it gone?

Has to be Kong for me, followed by Back to the Future and then Ghostbusters.
What....... The cowboy show has gone. That is sooooo sad, what have they replaced it with? It was such a corny but funny show..... why has it gone?

If you're referring to the Wild Wild Wild West Show, it was replaced by Fear Factor Live.

Easily BTTF, as I never was able to ride Kongfrontation sadly. Being a fan of the BTTF movies, I loved the ride and it was always a must do for me each time I went to the park. Other extinct attractions I did see were Hanna Barbera, Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show, and the Nickelodeon Studios Tour. I do wish I could have experienced Kong and Hitchcok before they closed (But, I was simply only 6/7 years old when they closed. They probably would have terrified me)

Last edited:
I miss Kong the most. I am a sets and scenery person so I miss AHP as well
BTTF made me sick so I don't miss it at all, ruined me for two days the LAST time I rode it!
Rode the Simpson's and was fine the first time, not so much the second....just don't care for simulators.
Only saw GB once so I would like to see that come back, also loved the store.

^ pretty much ditto...
I loved the queue for Kong and to me the Simpsons is basically the same as BTTF.
I liked Hitchcock as well, but especially the after-show exhibits and shop (including the secret peephole behind the painting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.