Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It doesn't fit the tone of the house and it makes it look silly. This ain't a frankenstein monsters house, lol.
Agreeing with @saint.piss here--and I am gonna pull from them on something; if the logo was more along the lines of Hollywood's (especially in color) I wouldn't really be having a problem.

Hollywood had a fantastic logo.
I just don't really see why it matters that much, is all. It doesn't impact the house at all, and imo it doesn't need to be read into so deeply or given so much mind. I don't love the logos for Sweets or SS2, but I don't see a use in nitpicking them or acting like they'll impact my opinion or excitement for the houses.

I just don't really see why it matters that much, is all. It doesn't impact the house at all, and imo it doesn't need to be read into so deeply or given so much mind. I don't love the logos for Sweets or SS2, but I don't see a use in nitpicking them or acting like they'll impact my opinion or excitement for the houses.
Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff

The first thing they showed at the Midsummer Scream panel last year was the logo and I remember thinking "Oh, they're gonna do this in kind of a Famous Monsters of Filmland style," might have a kinda lighthearted, '60s vibe. Then they went through the material and I was like "Ope, never mind."

Reactions: Sledge
I have to agree that the logos overall seem a little lazy so far. Lol. But it doesn't really matter to me as long as the house delivers!

As someone who's been vectorizing and converting the logos to PNG's; I actually like Slaughter, Sweets, and Goblins.

Museum and Monstruos feel cheap in the font selections.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Main issue with the Hollywood house (which was excellent) was the lack of differentiation between the Lechuza and Tlahuelpuchi sections. If they can figure that out, it'll be something special.

The Silbon section was goated.
The Parisian Courtyard is such a tight, awkward space to build these houses. I'm so glad Orlando has the freedom of a soundstage to work with and hope it turns out great for them.

Main issue with the Hollywood house (which was excellent) was the lack of differentiation between the Lechuza and Tlahuelpuchi sections. If they can figure that out, it'll be something special.

The Silbon section was goated.
They should've just put El Silbo in between the two instead of at the end. Having two bird ladies back to back was confusing the first time I watched the video walkthrough.

Regardless, this house has me excited. I hope we get the massive Lechuza animatronic that Hollywood had F49os2naEAM29oI.jpeg

A question, did Murdy and the Hollywood team have some say or some involvement with this and 2013’s La Llorona; and vice cersa with the Orlando team when they borrowed Scarecrow?

A question, did Murdy and the Hollywood team have some say or some involvement with this and 2013’s La Llorona; and vice cersa with the Orlando team when they borrowed Scarecrow?
Not really. My understanding is that the first team sends over a raft of files, treatment and artwork for reference and then the second team develops from there.

I wonder if the storytelling aspect of the house will be more explicit and didactic in this house, due to the fact that Orlando is more of a “destination” for international guests that may not be familiar with the lore, and may not have the built-in familiarity with the stories that locals at USH might.

those bird costumes look amazing, really amazing. im so excited to get them, they are so awesome in those videos (dont care too much for the silbon, silbon looks kinda meh)

Reactions: Ahmanet