Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
well this sounds ok but i dont like the idea of disney waiting 2 years after the film release yeah i know it whould be in time for the 25th anneversery but still i find that to be really stupid imo

With no announcement for 2 years and not expected to open for 4 years, I won't believe it until it is actually open. Disney is so unfocused that don't even build stuff that IS announced. Just look at the Fantasyland expansion. They have already broken ground and they still don't know what they are building.

Unfortunately, I have to agree in this case.
Even though I still like more Disney over Universal, this time they put themselves into trouble.
I mean, they've cancelled Pixie Hollow (and that's great), but no words on Dumbo, MTTF, Gaston's Tavern...
The only two things that are confirmed are The Little mermaid and Beast's castle (restaurant).
Well, I really hope they at least build everything they said at first (I don't want to see empty spaces) BUT Pixie Hollow, so that they can put a nice (cough*dark*cough) ride or whatever....

Disney just raised theiir ticket prices again, they are reaping in hordes of profit and they barely ever re-invest into the area. They saved a TON of money by getting a refurbishment permit on the 20000 leagues building instead of a whole brand new plan to be part of the new LM attraction. They cost cut better than anyone, and also dissapoint with those cost cuts more than anyone. Get off their butts and build something worthy of me going to this park again because TSM isn't worth it.

From Screamscape:
A reader visiting the Hollywood Studios this week took a moment to peek through the cracks in the doors to the old empty soundstage area next to Toy Story Mania, where the rumored Monster’s Inc. project is rumored to be going. According to the report, they saw what looked like some recient construction work had been going on in there. Sawdust, equipment, metal bars and some Disney staff checking over the site. Anyone else been by here lately or know what the soundstage was being used for last?

Forgive me if I mentioned this before --- but I had a really good feeling something was happening in this building back at Star Wars Weekends, since they weren't using the building for the temp SWW merch store as they usually do. Instead, they crammed the store into the AFI Showcase gift shop (Backlot Tour exit), which is a tiny fraction of the size of the soundstage store they usually set up --- despite the fact that they had the biggest stock of exclusives I've seen at any SWW. When I saw that, I knew something was going down in the soundstage...

Well they also have signs denoting HOT SET, but I doubt they would build up the inside first and then the outside. For TSM they had to completely rebuild the whole soundstage.

Forgive me if I mentioned this before --- but I had a really good feeling something was happening in this building back at Star Wars Weekends, since they weren't using the building for the temp SWW merch store as they usually do. Instead, they crammed the store into the AFI Showcase gift shop (Backlot Tour exit), which is a tiny fraction of the size of the soundstage store they usually set up --- despite the fact that they had the biggest stock of exclusives I've seen at any SWW. When I saw that, I knew something was going down in the soundstage...

did u get a chance to see what was happening inside?

I can definitely buy that. Although the Monsters Inc. coaster rumor would only make perfect sense, I can't help but feel it's wishful thinking for the moment. At least until Star Tours 2 is online. I have a feeling it's coming, but not until there's an overall bigger Pixar Place expansion to announce along with it. And unfortunately I just can't see that happening any time soon.

I can definitely buy that. Although the Monsters Inc. coaster rumor would only make perfect sense, I can't help but feel it's wishful thinking for the moment. At least until Star Tours 2 is online. I have a feeling it's coming, but not until there's an overall bigger Pixar Place expansion to announce along with it. And unfortunately I just can't see that happening any time soon.

MI will happen. it's a matter of when not if at this point. Although that's also been said about a multitude of other projects in recent years as well, haha.

And it will be announced as a stand alone project. I don't think Disney is in a rush to do big expansions unless they're absolutely necessary like they were at Magic Kingdom and California Adventure.

MI will happen. it's a matter of when not if at this point. Although that's also been said about a multitude of other projects in recent years as well, haha.

And it will be announced as a stand alone project. I don't think Disney is in a rush to do big expansions unless they're absolutely necessary like they were at Magic Kingdom and California Adventure.

I don't see a Carsland-sized expansion coming, but they have to expand Pixar Place to some degree. Pixar is Disney's biggest cash cow and makes a perfect fit for Studios, yet Pixar Place is 200 feet long with one attraction and zero shops.

i have a picture in my brain that when they have the grand opening of starwars that they are going to say coming soon monster inc coaster etc. But we all know this is going to get built, but what kind of coaster is it going to be??????

i have a picture in my brain that when they have the grand opening of starwars that they are going to say coming soon monster inc coaster etc. But we all know this is going to get built, but what kind of coaster is it going to be??????

It is rumored to be an indoor Runaway Reptar-style coaster with dark ride elements.

okay so i was at the parks this week and spoke with plenty of people and this is what I found out....

1) 4 out of 12 people told me this coaster is going to happen. One woman even pointed out that they usually use the building for the star wars weekend to sell merchandise and they aren't even using it for star wars weekend cause they are building the ride. Another guy told me who worked at the one mans dream, that they are already are building it and no one has any clue. The two other people said HWS is going to get a HUGE UPGRADE right after fantasyland. I don't know what to believe this is why i'm sharing it with all my friends on here :) .

okay so i was at the parks this week and spoke with plenty of people and this is what I found out....

1) 4 out of 12 people told me this coaster is going to happen. One woman even pointed out that they usually use the building for the star wars weekend to sell merchandise and they aren't even using it for star wars weekend cause they are building the ride. Another guy told me who worked at the one mans dream, that they are already are building it and no one has any clue. The two other people said HWS is going to get a HUGE UPGRADE right after fantasyland. I don't know what to believe this is why i'm sharing it with all my friends on here :) .

This is a rumor that has been in the pipeline and has been blue skyed to death. But many MANY credible people say that this will be the next attraction added to DHS whenever they announce it since they want to expand on the Pixar Place theme that was added with TSM.