Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Had a long conversation with my APES teacher today, and he told me that they have started small construction in the SS where the ride will take place. He said that the Mickey "meet and greet" over in that area has been halted, so construction may move on. The ride should be open at the end of this year or early next year. Expect a formal announcement closer to the summer season.

Had a long conversation with my APES teacher today, and he told me that they have started small construction in the SS where the ride will take place. He said that the Mickey "meet and greet" over in that area has been halted, so construction may move on. The ride should be open at the end of this year or early next year. Expect a formal announcement closer to the summer season.

Um, your TEACHER told you this? I take it with a grain of salt. Also, there is no Mickey "meet and greet" in that area. Again, salt is to be taken grain by grain.

I have heard that all prep work was stopped over a month ago, and ALL projects not currently under construction are on hold until the economy turns around.

They have ALL of their available capital tied up in 3 different condo developments, and I am not sure if you guys have noticed, but condos aren't really selling right now. WDW is in a heap of troble right now. All their liquidity is tied up in real estate they can't sell. Which means they don't have the money to build attractions, and with the credit climate they can't get credit to do anything. So they actually have to sell the condos to do anything and that isn't happening at a fast enough pace.

Mickey moved locations months ago. It's in the Animation Studio now. I don't remember the exact month, but it's been quite awhile now.

Well, once late May/early June comes around, we'll see how much truth the teacher has, and how much salt should be taken. If true, you heard that it was really happening from Orlando United. If not, the Internet's gears will keep turning.

I'm gonna have to call nay on this one. It just seems to far fetched for it to happen that fast and it to not have been announced. It seems everything is going against this also. Just not feeling this one Ryan.

I'm gonna have to call nay on this one. It just seems to far fetched for it to happen that fast and it to not have been announced. It seems everything is going against this also. Just not feeling this one Ryan.

Oh no I totally get where you're coming from, Jake. I'm just saying, this is what my teacher said, and I value his information, seeing as he works seasonally on RNRC. I'm not saying he's completely right, I'm just saying, this is what someone who works at DHS said.

Oh no I totally get where you're coming from, Jake. I'm just saying, this is what my teacher said, and I value his information, seeing as he works seasonally on RNRC. I'm not saying he's completely right, I'm just saying, this is what someone who works at DHS said.

Someone who worked at MK said that Monorail would be expanded in the next 2 years. That was 8 years ago.

I have found that cast members have actually been reliable. I asked a cast member who worked across from TSM months before it opened and she told me exactly what it was.

I have found that cast members have actually been reliable. I asked a cast member who worked across from TSM months before it opened and she told me exactly what it was.

There is a big difference between something that has been announced and built, and something that is being possibly worked on by Imagineers.

Another case, a CM told me that Hollywood Studios would get an Halloween event last year. Nothing.

There is a big difference between something that has been announced and built, and something that is being possibly worked on by Imagineers.

Another case, a CM told me that Hollywood Studios would get an Halloween event last year. Nothing.

But there were huge rumors of one last year.

Also, because Space Mountain is going down for refurb, expect TTA to go down as well. (thats from the CM's mouth)

He didn't tell me it was a rumor, he told me that the Monsters Inc. coaster is going to happen, as well as TTA shutting down for an extended period of time to get a new station, possible new cars, etc.

That's a rumor. Everything is a rumor until its announced by Disney. CM's don't have an "in" to Imagineers offices, especially one who works seasonally. Im not saying that this couldn't happen, but take it with a grain of salt.

That's a rumor. Everything is a rumor until its announced by Disney. CM's don't have an "in" to Imagineers offices, especially one who works seasonally. Im not saying that this couldn't happen, but take it with a grain of salt.

I didn't say it was definite either, I'm just saying this is what I'm hearing from a CM.