Monsters Cafe Closing | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Cafe Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Monsters Cafe wasn’t good though.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Reactions: MagdolHauntsMe
I never got to experience Monsters Café despite having many opportunities to do so around that time last year. While this was probably the correct move, any kind of advance notice of its closure would've been very appreciated...

Reactions: TCox91 and Ahmanet
I personally wasn’t over the moon with it’s theming and just feel like we’re going to get something even better at Epic so this is what it is.

I know people who liked the new menu, but the inside always felt very like everything was covered in epoxy or a film of fryer oil and was kinda sticky to the touch. Does that make sense? I think a proper monsters restaurant will be better, and a proper monsters museum would be great.

I personally wasn’t over the moon with it’s theming and just feel like we’re going to get something even better at Epic so this is what it is.

I think a proper monsters restaurant will be better, and a proper monsters museum would be great.
But that's the thing... the Cafe basically doubled as a museum of sorts. Whatever the eatery in Epic Universe ends up being, it's certainly not going to be filled with posters, artwork, photos, behind-the-scenes artifacts, or the classic trailers playing on a loop. It's going to be an in-universe restaurant.

So if I liked dining while surrounded by incredible, colorful artwork from the likes of guys like the great Basil Gogos, there's still going to be a void.

But that's the thing... the Cafe basically doubled as a museum of sorts. Whatever the eatery in Epic Universe ends up being, it's certainly not going to be filled with posters, artwork, photos, behind-the-scenes artifacts, or the classic trailers playing on a loop. It's going to be an in-universe restaurant.

So if I liked dining while surrounded by incredible, colorful artwork from the likes of guys like the great Basil Gogos, there's still going to be a void.
I think moving the Monster appreciation stuff to the exit store of Mummy would be nice. A Monsters Tribute store.

perhaps my memories of it are too fuzzy at this point, but as someone who's a big fan of the classic monsters, I was pretty disappointed. the food was what I expected, but frankly I thought the interior design was just ... tacky? I wasn't wishing for its closure, but I can't imagine I ever would have visited again.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Ahmanet